Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

map request

map request

sorry i don't have any pictures and if this the wrong place, but my map is cool... i think.

An alternate future. Hawaii is lost. Now Japan wants to invade San Francisco. the large jap force is made of unit that Japan had made because of earlier thrashings by the allies. however the japs got a fighter into service that outclassed everything the yanks had: The J7W Shinden. Now the USA is at the brink of defeat by demoralization. Will the 4 US commanders save the United States? Or will the 4 top Japanese naval officers bring America to its kness?

US units:

two airfields, 40 P-40's each, one with 20 B-17 level bombers, the other with 40 SBD's, and 20 TBM's each.
two shipyards, both to make 20 PT's, 5 DD's and 2 CA's
(players three and four will share these units)

CV's will have standard loadout of planes
player one will have two Yorktowns (Enterprise and Essex), two Casablanca CVE's, an Iowa and a Fletcher DD

Player two will have two SS, three DD's and a Lexington (Saratoga).

Japs

Player five will have Shinano, Akagi and two Fubuki's one Shimakaze one Minekaze.
(Shinano will have 40 J7W's, 40 D4Y's, 40 B5N's. Akagi 40 A6M's, 40 D3A's 40 B5N's)
Six, one Yamato, one SS, two Shimakazes, one Tone

Seven, two Takao, one Kongo, one Fuso, two Ise CVBB's
(CVBB's Hyuga has 14 D4Y's and eight E13A's, Ise will have 11 of each)
Eight, two SS, one Fuso, two Mogami, one Takao

hope its worth considering. modify to whatever you want.

I may be Sloppy, but I can still win...
In other words:
PREPARE TO LOOSE!

SloppyJapMan
Propaganda Officer
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 983
ranks
useravatar
148 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: map request

It's a nice concept, but two things:

.  For a map to be fair, both sides must be relatively equal.  So if you give the Japs J7Ws, you gotta give something to the allies to make it balanced.  Perhaps modify your story a little as well to include this

.  Also, you have to understand that there is a limit to how many units can be on the map at once (the game engine is only so powerful) and you also gotta make sure that the 4 players are relatively "even" in the units they recieve (Someone else can better explain this).

I've designed at least 5 maps by now (two of which were created, including one I worked with beast on), so I kinda know what I'm talking about.  But really, it is EST opinion that matters since he's the admin around here.

Nice idea though... hope you can get a picture

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

I like the alternate battles, especially if the Aleutian map will be created, sort of like a step further if the Japs successfully invade Alaska and move to the mainland United States.

Nice concept SloppyJapman, develop it further.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

ok. how about theres very few J7W's in use and only Shinano has J7W's. will make the changes now.

I may be Sloppy, but I can still win...
In other words:
PREPARE TO LOOSE!

SloppyJapMan
Propaganda Officer
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 983
ranks
useravatar
148 Posts
User info in posts

make map  2D

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

Ok map but I could use improvements. First of all, the Japanese didn't have enough industrial and military power to take San Francisco. Plus, the Japanese NEVER intended to invade the continental US. You have to give the US something equal to the J7W; perhaps a P-51? Second, the Japs have too much firepower on their hands. Plus they have enough air power to nullify the US airpower enough that the Jap firepower comes into play. Please don't think that I dislike the map.Other than that, its an ok map. Its a nice concept, but the map needs some work.

Midway and Pacific as Adm2805

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 4172
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

exactly, the Japanese were simply trying to isolate the American forces away from the pacific, which is why they wanted pearl harbor so badly, you take Pearl two things would happen one it would be almost impossible for the US to hit mainland Japan and second it gave Japan the ace card of being able to threaten the US west coast. They had no intentions of landing in the states, that's just suicidal and a logistical nightmare.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

hi,
as i red this, i become idea :

it´s true that´s a suicide to occupie the states directly, -
but what is happend if the plan to isolate the US from the
channel of Panama is a next step get more power in the pacifc
up to the atlantic ?
then 3rd party be encorraged walk in the battle too.
and the panamericain in the caribian see is a wall nativ.
i meaning this is a good chance beware a part of realism and
continue the storyboard. much islands there and it´s a strong distance!

No fun without a work for...

use GameRanger :   in BSM as usr:  fuckwarcrime  in svr: -=[DBM]=-Joghurt    ---   in BSP as usr:  JoghurtDLetzte  in  svr: ?
                                                               SKYPE :  call  talk2Joghurt

in WoT EU-svr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte   /  WoT EU- testsvr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte_EU

Joghurt der Letzte
Sniper
Ensign
Activity Points: 397
ranks
useravatar
78 Posts
User info in posts

Would not have happened.

1. Its too far away
2. Most south American countries and central American countries were highly pro American and allies, infact many of them joined during WW2 with notable contributions from Brazil.

So your not only facing a bunch of Americans but now a bunch of Latin American countries. This really only could happen if the American navy was completely beaten to a pulp, and Germany has broken the British and American anti sub forces in the Atlantic so they could constantly get close and threaten the east coast.

then fighting American and Latin American troops on the ground near panama is a completely different story. You can kill as many ships as you like but if you cant capture and hold the base at panama on foot its meaningless

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Tipsy,

thx for your comment. yes, indead this arguments you bring forward have a skill must accepted.
shure that interests make companionships and do helpfully mastering delegations of machination stealthy.
it´s a very old story the humanchip perpetuate this. yes, activities to violate a rule ( most rules are selfmade )
are encourage unity of the desired target group declared as opposition later from operators out of the background.
we knowing this.
ok, its too far away - and the chance for a happy ending is to low.  - the troops, the latin -

the axes and there friends in europe, afrika and i think some partys in South-America ,could rough up the ocean at
the aest-side of the united states. but what a story we can talk...?  a new secret weapon - a german carrier-fleet ?
- navy rocket-launcher? - i dont know...

we search for the old storyboard continued or the old new one of scientists ? - let´s think about.

thx & cu

use GameRanger :   in BSM as usr:  fuckwarcrime  in svr: -=[DBM]=-Joghurt    ---   in BSP as usr:  JoghurtDLetzte  in  svr: ?

in WoT EU-svr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte   /  WoT EU- testsvr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte_EU

Joghurt der Letzte
Sniper
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
78 Posts
User info in posts

Have you ever heard of the book called "The Man in the High Castle"?

long story short its a book where the axis win world war 2 where Japan and Germany become world super powers. However eventually the tensions between the axis partners increase leading to an "Axis Cold war" between Japan and Germany, eventually it goes hot and World war 3 breaks out between Japan and Germany.

Well its hard to implant the story directly because it starts way before WW2 where a bunch of unreal things happen that causes America to be far weaker then it was historically thus it was easily invaded by Japan or something like that. Of course you can still put the premise of the book where the Americans simply surrender after the Germans finish developing the atomic bomb (Yes they historically were working on an atom bomb but the Americans beat them to it) and drops it via a long range bombers or an intercontinental missile some where in the states. This would cause them to surrender their over sea territories to Japan which could include the Panama canal, Caribbean islands and Alaska as well as all pacific assets.

So the end result would be Japan and her "Co-prosperity sphere" nations of mainly China, India, and Australia would be up against the Reich which would include Germany, Italy and the Balkan nations.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Even then, invading hawaii would also be somewhat suicidal. You see, their is no island capable of hosting an invasion os Hawaii within a practical range. I did some research, and the closest island to Hawaii capable of hosting such an invasion would be the Samoan Islands, some 2,500 miles away. But, perhaps they could have invaded Hawaii from the multiple puny atolls closer in range. Plus, I saw your latest comment, and Japan never had intentions of invading Australia, because the IJA (Imperial Japanese Army) stated that they didn't have the capabilities to Invade Australia.

Midway and Pacific as Adm2805

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 4172
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Its an alternate history fiction book hehe so things are not as what they seem about Australia and Japan ab

I dont think it would be suicidal to attempt to capture Hawaii. Being that Hawaii is just a handful of islands its fairly ease to take it over, just isolate its only real connection from the mainland, by stopping any ship transit from there to the west coast. The Japanese had a large number of Submarines to which they could easily refuel, and rearm from nearby islands and send them to hack away at any vessel, mostly supply ships from docking or leaving the island. once isolated, considering the US fleet has been badly beaten, a good series of naval bombardment of the island is in order mostly removing the islands airfields from dropping bombs on the ships, then its all about dropping a couple of guys with guns to finish the job. This isnt anything like a D-day invasion in terms of troop size that is required. And lets not forget, when the Japanese sent a task force to take Midway, it was HUGEEEEEEEEEE, Hawaii was not that much further so if they could do that to Midway only the same could be thought of at Hawaii.

Now the Aussie decibel, perhaps they didn't have the capabilities to literally put boots down and take out the Aussie army like you said, but what if they won in china and brought in a loyal government to managed the land? They could relieve a good number of troops for other theaters of combat combined with the complete isolation of Australia they would definitely have a much higher chance of success if they were to attempt it.

In the end in reality your right about Australia, which is kind of the same reality im facing in my current Hearts of Iron game. I really don't have the troop count to actually land in Australia, probably got about about 8 divisions which is like 10k men per divisions out of 21 divisions available in the pacific that are available to actually hit Aussie land which is not only defended by the Aussie army but also US expeditionary forces.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,

it seems the power and the long ranges making headache.
what´s happend if Japan have a look for getting basepoints at the coast of africa?
could be making easier to develope and protecting a barrier up to down-under.
to earn resources in china and africa  is possible massy.
i think the point by point  or  step by step movements of the japanese are tricky, if they crossing and establishing bases armed and weaponized well.
the stability is the domination of the air coincidental with shipping bring on the stuffs needed.
what the australians lost really if the wasted land occupied ?, but there is nothing, a problem for every occupant too.
the islands, this turn must solved with outstanding logistic work. but i think possible.
africa could be a key-step.

thx & cu

Joghurt der Letzte
Sniper
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
78 Posts
User info in posts

Joghurt der Letzte wrote:

Hi, it seems the power and the long ranges making headache.

Hehe yea thats what happens when your on one side of the world and your enemy is on the other side.

Joghurt der Letzte wrote:

what´s happend if Japan have a look for getting basepoints at the coast of africa?
could be making easier to develope and protecting a barrier up to down-under.
to earn resources in china and africa  is possible massy.

You have a glaring problem with this one. First this would not happen unless the American armada has been soundly beaten and the Japanese have secured total victory in Asia. 2nd by the time the Japanese do achieve victory and if the other Axis powers have defeated the British and are beating the Soviets to a pulp then Africa's political land scape will have changed dramatically.

Italy's grand scheme in WW2 was to recreate the Roman empire, their Africa colonial possessions would have stretched from Libya  to Syria and towards the African horn of Ethiopia and Somalia. The French collaborator state would most likely have kept their Algeria/Morocco possessions and would have reclaimed Madagascar. Then you have the Germans, whom would have reclaimed their lost colonial possessions from post WW1 from the British, leaving the last bits of African land of Mozambique and Zambia which the Portuguese ,who would probably be pro Axis at this point, held since forever. That leaves one guy left which is South Africa which is just an isolate defeated allied nation at this point if you ask me.

Of course they could ask for basing rights from said countries but to attempt to take any thing from Africa is a show of direct aggression to the European Axis members and would not end well.

If you ask me if anything will happen if the Japanese beat the American navy and defeated the Chinese is this, They would have pushed to include India into their Co-prosperity sphere, and looked towards the USSR's eastern bases which would be worth while to stake a claim of some serious ports while the USSR is down and almost out at this point ab Or they would do a full scale invasion of Australia or at least pressure them to surrender to remove the final allied threat to Japan in the Asian theater.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
lisa4834

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016