Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

IJN NAGATO BB

IJN NAGATO BB

1944 version of Nagato, http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/mini_Nagato-screen-capture.jpgmodel is started
http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/mini_d0032362-23203257.jpghttp://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/mini_ships-lines.jpg

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: IJN NAGATO BB

Hey Swarthy, you think after you finish this model or Bagley, you can do the Zuiun (The plane for Ise).

After all, if we have Ise, we should also have the planes for it.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Yeah sure

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks.  BTW, when do you think you're going to start designing your Battle off Samar map (My suggested title: Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors).  Because I'm still trying to wrap around my head how you're going to make that map work in multiplayer.  (Im sure you already know, so Im eager to hear).  As a single player map in ship challenge, I see it as a very excellent challenge for the allies.

Hope to see all these new units in MP 3... whenever the announcement comes official.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Hey Triviaman,
I didnt have any plans designing the Battle of Samar Map. I already sensed that It wont make it past the suggestion stage. I was hoping that someone would take up the challenge in doing so. I am rather focused on making new units. I have no experience making maps nor am I inclined to do so.

BUT i still have hope that more historical maps will be created.
You feel like designing some historical maps? I like the video you made for the Battle of Savo Island. You seem to have the inclination for that sort of stuff.
Your ability for facts and figures astounds me.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, I'll design a Samar SINGLE player map (Makes more sense if it is that way), give you the credit, and we'll see what happens.  Maybe it can work that way.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Why not a multiplayer? I dont need credits. ab

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Here's the thing Swarthy... the problem with designing a map like the real Battle off Samar as multiplayer would be unfair (everyone would want to go Japanese).  I've designed about 5 maps by now (of which, two were brought to life), and after a couple lessons in balancing courtesy of Katarya from Savo Island, there is no way I could make it work.  What I can do is work on a single player version... and if someone can figure out if multiplayer can work, than so be it.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

So basically you won't do a multiplayer based on the assumption that unit balancing is an issue and not necessesarily that It can't be done. So the battle of Savo Island was also a lopsided battle but it seems some balance has been achieved. I get it. Theres really no desire to recreate historical battles because of unfair unit imbalance.

I would think that those who would like to be Japanese would be the less skilled players and those with more experience would like to be the US side on this map.
Aren't there players who like the odds stacked against them. I knew that the actual battle had the US side on the loosing end yet they managed to turn the Japanese away and win the battle. A map like this would be played by the likes of EST and others who believe in air power. So there were alot of historical battles that were won by the underdogs. I think maps that are uneven for multiplayer can be won but it highly depends on the skill of the team.  A historical series should be created!

I will insist on the map. I will learn how to make maps then, it will be a slow process because of the learning curve. But that would mean not making new units for awhile.

I've completed many unit requests in hopes that they will be use in a historical scenarios. But so far my ONE simple request has gone unanswered and I fear it will never come to life until I myself learn how to make it.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Nagato model postponed for the time being. Switching to building the Kaga CV.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

Ok Swarthy, you convinced me.  I'll do my best to try a Historically accurate Samar Map and we'll see what happens.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

NAGATO BB by Minerhttp://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/mini_miners-Nagato-BB.pnghttp://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/673/mini_miners-Nagato-BB-2.png

Using this model rather than the one I started. Excellent model that just needs damaged superstructure.

SwarthyCman
Flying Cman
ranks
useravatar
368 Posts
User info in posts

I've always wondered where all those models are now...perhaps this Nagato model could be used in BSM Ultimate and in BSP:LSP

robi777
Commodore
Activity Points: 5422
ranks
useravatar
1000 Posts
User info in posts
SurgeonSasha
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 1322
ranks
useravatar
84 Posts
User info in posts

Now this is something worth getting excited about!

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
Activity Points: 10280
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
AnnaTitowa
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
evelyn9340

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016