Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
IJN NAGATO BB
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
Thanks. BTW, when do you think you're going to start designing your Battle off Samar map (My suggested title: Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors). Because I'm still trying to wrap around my head how you're going to make that map work in multiplayer. (Im sure you already know, so Im eager to hear). As a single player map in ship challenge, I see it as a very excellent challenge for the allies.
Hope to see all these new units in MP 3... whenever the announcement comes official.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
I didnt have any plans designing the Battle of Samar Map. I already sensed that It wont make it past the suggestion stage. I was hoping that someone would take up the challenge in doing so. I am rather focused on making new units. I have no experience making maps nor am I inclined to do so.
BUT i still have hope that more historical maps will be created.
You feel like designing some historical maps? I like the video you made for the Battle of Savo Island. You seem to have the inclination for that sort of stuff.
Your ability for facts and figures astounds me.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
Here's the thing Swarthy... the problem with designing a map like the real Battle off Samar as multiplayer would be unfair (everyone would want to go Japanese). I've designed about 5 maps by now (of which, two were brought to life), and after a couple lessons in balancing courtesy of Katarya from Savo Island, there is no way I could make it work. What I can do is work on a single player version... and if someone can figure out if multiplayer can work, than so be it.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
So basically you won't do a multiplayer based on the assumption that unit balancing is an issue and not necessesarily that It can't be done. So the battle of Savo Island was also a lopsided battle but it seems some balance has been achieved. I get it. Theres really no desire to recreate historical battles because of unfair unit imbalance.
I would think that those who would like to be Japanese would be the less skilled players and those with more experience would like to be the US side on this map.
Aren't there players who like the odds stacked against them. I knew that the actual battle had the US side on the loosing end yet they managed to turn the Japanese away and win the battle. A map like this would be played by the likes of EST and others who believe in air power. So there were alot of historical battles that were won by the underdogs. I think maps that are uneven for multiplayer can be won but it highly depends on the skill of the team. A historical series should be created!
I will insist on the map. I will learn how to make maps then, it will be a slow process because of the learning curve. But that would mean not making new units for awhile.
I've completed many unit requests in hopes that they will be use in a historical scenarios. But so far my ONE simple request has gone unanswered and I fear it will never come to life until I myself learn how to make it.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post