Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
IJN NAGATO BB
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
Thanks. BTW, when do you think you're going to start designing your Battle off Samar map (My suggested title: Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors). Because I'm still trying to wrap around my head how you're going to make that map work in multiplayer. (Im sure you already know, so Im eager to hear). As a single player map in ship challenge, I see it as a very excellent challenge for the allies.
Hope to see all these new units in MP 3... whenever the announcement comes official.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
I didnt have any plans designing the Battle of Samar Map. I already sensed that It wont make it past the suggestion stage. I was hoping that someone would take up the challenge in doing so. I am rather focused on making new units. I have no experience making maps nor am I inclined to do so.
BUT i still have hope that more historical maps will be created.
You feel like designing some historical maps? I like the video you made for the Battle of Savo Island. You seem to have the inclination for that sort of stuff.
Your ability for facts and figures astounds me.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
Here's the thing Swarthy... the problem with designing a map like the real Battle off Samar as multiplayer would be unfair (everyone would want to go Japanese). I've designed about 5 maps by now (of which, two were brought to life), and after a couple lessons in balancing courtesy of Katarya from Savo Island, there is no way I could make it work. What I can do is work on a single player version... and if someone can figure out if multiplayer can work, than so be it.
Re: IJN NAGATO BB
So basically you won't do a multiplayer based on the assumption that unit balancing is an issue and not necessesarily that It can't be done. So the battle of Savo Island was also a lopsided battle but it seems some balance has been achieved. I get it. Theres really no desire to recreate historical battles because of unfair unit imbalance.
I would think that those who would like to be Japanese would be the less skilled players and those with more experience would like to be the US side on this map.
Aren't there players who like the odds stacked against them. I knew that the actual battle had the US side on the loosing end yet they managed to turn the Japanese away and win the battle. A map like this would be played by the likes of EST and others who believe in air power. So there were alot of historical battles that were won by the underdogs. I think maps that are uneven for multiplayer can be won but it highly depends on the skill of the team. A historical series should be created!
I will insist on the map. I will learn how to make maps then, it will be a slow process because of the learning curve. But that would mean not making new units for awhile.
I've completed many unit requests in hopes that they will be use in a historical scenarios. But so far my ONE simple request has gone unanswered and I fear it will never come to life until I myself learn how to make it.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
- Runsva : mpak*
Only registered users are allowed to post
birthday will Friday, 24 February 2017