Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

A little bit of overkill

A little bit of overkill

So this is one of my map ideas and I called it Battle of Hawaii/Pearl Harbor. So in this map the Pacific fleet sails out of Pearl to engage the IJNs carrier force after learning that they left Japan and 1 message was caught by a passing American submarine and was decoded using the ULTRA and MAGIC machines. Rear Admiral Kimmel( C in C of Pacific Fleet) immeadiately sent the Pacifc fleet and another carrier from the Atlantic to engage this threat. However Yamamoto had recon flights out which saw this force and he added the IJNs battleships and heavy cruisers to this mix and it became a huge battle. However as we can only put 20 ships on each team we have limit ourselves to CAs as smallest unit.

So Japan:
Player 1: CV CV BB CA CA
Player 2: CV CV BB CA CA
Player 3: CV BB BB CA CA
Player 4: CV BB BB CA CA

Total: 6 CV, 6 BB(3 Kongo, 3 Fuso), 8 CA(4 Tone and 4 Mogami)

US Navy
Player 1: CV BB BB CA CA
Player 2: CV BB BB CA CA
Player 3: CV BB BB CA CA
Player 4: CV BB BB CA CA

Total: 4 CV, 8 BB(All New York), 8 CA(All Northampton)

Key Units: The American Battleships and Japanese Carriers.

http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/167/Battle-of-HawaiiAttack-on-Pearl-Harbor.jpg

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: A little bit of overkill

Not a bad idea.  It may not be historicly true, but it can be considered a "What if" deal.  However, I would recommend that you make the Jap BBs 2 Fusos and 4 Kongos, since Fuso has a slight advantage over New York, and the fact that in reality, only 2 Fuso-class and 4 Kongo-class were built anyway.  But, what do I know, you are the brain behind this map, not me.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

This kinda reminds me of the steel monsters map, just that it also includes CV's and no islands.

Its an interesting concept.

You could cut the BB's and CV numbers in half to include DD's, this would give Japan and the US 6 DD's then again its your map concept =P

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Well I thoght this could be more of a "fun" map with tons of units but the 20 unit limit kind of cut the size down. This was the original unit list
Japan:
Player 1: CV CV BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 2: CV CV BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 3: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 4: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS

Total 6 CV 6 BB 12 CA 16 CL 20 DD 4 SS

US Navy:
Player 1: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 2: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 3: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS
Player 4: CV BB BB CA CA CA CL CL CL CL DD DD DD DD DD SS

Total: 4 CV 8 BB 12 CA 16 CL 20 DD 4 SS

By the way about the Fuso's. Ise and Hyuga were actually repeat Fuso's but they had so many changes that the Japanese just decided to call them another class so the extra Fuso can be Ise or Hyuga. Of course both classes also had 6 TT and Fuso actually had 16 6 inch guns in casemates to Ise/Hyuga's 20 5.5 inch guns. And since the Japanese have no BBs that are exactly equal to the New Yorks but even then its going to be 60 14-inch guns to 80 and 18 squads in the air vs 12(Squads are 3 planes each.)

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Werent Ise and Hyuga those Jap battleships that were modified mid-war to be Battleship-carrier hybrids?

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Where is key units Japan ? ag
Yes we can only add 20 ships on one side
ab

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

The Japanese Key units are the carriers while the American key units are the battleships. Yes Triviaman their X and Y turrets were removed and they had a flat deck in the end with a hanger underneath which allowed them to be able to house 22 aircraft+the ones on the flat deck but that was after the Battle of Midway so also after this. At this time they still had 12 14 inch guns in 6 turrets and did not carry 22 aircarft. They were also only 700 tons heavier then the Fuso.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

OMG with all these ships this map can could be named as a slaughterhouse. Who can survive something like that ab

Okay, i'm serious now. Battlestations Midway has a limitation with number of ships. Max 5 units per player. Max 20 units per team. It can be overrided by using shipyards as a units, thats the only way to give players more ships.

So... we can dream about big battles but at this moment your map is impossible to create. If you still want to see Pearl Harbour, you should reduce list of units.

With this, please remember we have Coral Sea, Samar and Indian and new map on open sea should be different!

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

0.o Where did you guys get the conception that 20 units is the max? In fact we haven't tested a multiplayer map with more then 20 units yet, Gamming-for-dummies told me he would be testing a map with more then 20 units to see if more can be added. In fact I have been toying with unit limitations, I have recently tried a map with about 40 units on the players side (Single player) with no problems, then again that's single player.

So don't give up the big battle hopes just yet XD.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Well Samar is extremely unfair as a good player with New York can destroy a full health Yamato, there are no BBs in Coral Sea and only 2 CAs. As for Indian Ocean thats small scale compared to this since it says a total of 6 carriers and 6 BBs which is what I have for the Japanese team alone. By the way admin the real idea is on top not the one in which every team has 64 ships. Anyway its just an idea.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Oh Tipsy3000, that's the new info. I was pretty sure 5 units per player is max. If i remember good, i got this info from Gaming-for-dummys. Of course You guys are modders, so You know better, and its good to hear there is no limitations.

So... let's back to our concepts. We should rememer, except non existens game limitation we have players limitation. After releasing Indian Ocean Sea with 36 units we got opinions, map is chaotic a little, thanks to all these units.

Im just trying to imagine this map in action with 64 units...

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Actually its 128....so....I guess it'll be except the AA part...

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

It seems people are under the impression that 20 units per side ( 5 per player ) is the max the game can handle

I don´t know if i gave taht impression somewhere, but its not true

the 64 ships scenario is just as posible as 16 units per side

its just that, per player, 5 ships can be seen on the unit list where you choose you player position

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar

So the first and original scenario with 128 ships is still possible?

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

lol this would b like a freakin deathtrap looks awesome

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Axis_Crusher

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016