Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Another map idea

Another map idea

Round 2 on maps from me =)

Map name Invasion of Port Morseby *Alternate historical map*

Map
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2049/2ndmap.jpg

History: The war has been going terrible for allied forces in the pacific. Just recently American naval officers and generals revoked the idea of a bombing run on mainland Japan, and the Doolittle raid plans was unplugged. The battle of coral sea has ended in total failure for allied forces, both the Lexington and Yorktown sank, while Japanese carriers Shokaku and Zuikaku only gained severe injuries and the light carrier Shoho some scratches.

Within a few days the Shoho was quickly repaired and battle ready, she was to take part of Task force 8's mission of capturing Port Morseby, if victorious the Japanese will have a clear staging post for further invasion of Australia.

Order of battle

Allied forces

P1: Airfield CA DD DD
P2: Shipyard CL DD DD
P3: CA CL DD DD SS
P4: Shipyard CL DD DD

Special notes
The airfield will sport the following: 30 P-38's; 20 B-25's; 30 TBD (Devastators).
The 2 shipyards will be capable of launching only PT boats.
Both CA's will be york class, 2 of the 3 CL's will be Deyruter class *pretend they are Aussie ships =)* and the last CL will be Atlanta class.
All DD's except for 3 will be Clemson class, the 3 not Clemson will be Fletcher.

Japan

P5: CVL CA DD DD LST
P6: CA CA DD DD LST
P7: CA DD DD DD LST
P8: CA CA DD DD LST

Special notes
the CVL Shoho *Hermes is the only CVL in the game so lets pretend again XD* will only have 45 planes as follows: 15 Zeros; 15 Vals; 15 Kates;.
4 of the 6 CA's will be Mogami class, the last 2 will be Tone class.
6 DD's will be Fubuki class 2 will be Minekaze class.

Objectives

Japan

You must at least get 1 Troop transporter to the yellow line as indicated on the map.

Allies

Prevent a Japanese invasion by sinking all Troop transports before they reach the shore.

Notes/strategies

I know a lot of you are thinking "The Japanese have the total advantage!". The Allied objective isnt to sink the entire enemy task force they just need to eliminate the 4 AK's.

Now the Allied forces lack a real force on the high seas compared to the Jap's, but where they lack on water, they gain in the air, they have awesome fighters, and powerful level bombers, and half assed torp bombers  if necessary. Troop transports cant be easily strafed, they have more armor then normal transports so bombs, shelling, or torpedoing will be the answer to sinking them. As long as you have your Airbase the battle should be a breeze, considering the lacking air force on the Japanese side. Several bombing raids could also be used on the Japanese CA's if they are getting too close to your airbase to slow them down or eliminate them. If you do happen to lose your air power due to Japanese air strikes or their closing fleet, you still have a fleet, and with good maneuvering or using your sub you can get passed the Jap CA's and strike at the AK's.

On the Japanese side, your lacking air power will be really shown here. The CVL should be in the hands of an expert CV user, since you have few planes to use. an early strike against the allied airbase and getting rid of it early will be key to winning, if you fail, a strong CAP force or tons of flak will be needed to get the AK's safely across. Battle on the high seas shouldnt be a problem, but if you get outflanked or your CA's out numbered you can be in serious trouble, also keep an eye out for the lone Sub with can sink the CVL with ease, or strike at your AK's

Edited By: Tipsy3000
31-Jul-09 19:37:17

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Another map idea

No offense to the map idea its highly original espicially the history part(borrowed from me perhaps?) but remember Tokyo Express map thats being developed?Its kinda like that. I remember that Triviaman also had a map like this and you should add more AKs Troop transports are extremely easy to sink even with aircraft espicially Devestators as their .30 machine gun fires much faster then a .50. I'm not even going to bother with p-38s 3 squads of them will easily outfly Zeros dodge aa and strafe AKs before you have no idea whats happening. If the Americans have a bad player who concentrates on CAs well its game over as the Japanese CAs will reduce anything in the way to scrap metal. I mean you can use Mogami in Surigao to sink Renown or Repulse as it overpowers the BBs there so I recommend all cruisers being Tone.
Nice map idea though.Just a poor old man's opinion to help you. ag

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

It looks like many guys wants AK ships in game ab

Okay - I have one important question. How about controlling AK units, and how about Repairs for Ak. I'm asking about this because Ak without Repairs can be destroyed with 2 torps.

Okay - still like the idea of map. IMO should be created and tested.

PS: Tipsy3000,

After writing Modding Guide... Now you have enough knowledge to create a map? I'm only suggest, you can create Moresby yourself. With this our mappack can be released faster... Try it ab

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

I find the concept of the map good ab   , and there is a lot of differents units , Deruyter class ,DD's clemson and AK's ship , so I think it' s will be a fun map !

Cpt.Mayou
Ensign
Activity Points: 64
ranks
useravatar
60 Posts
User info in posts

"Trivaman had a map like this"
Uh, no, not really.  If you are refering to my Tokyo Express map idea, that was completely different.  Besides, that map idea is now scrapped anyway

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Yea, AK's can be completly controlled, its like a normal ship, without the guns and just machine gun AA with the exception of troop transporters which has 1 gun.

@Katarya thats why I said Troop transporters and not normal cargo ships, they have 2x more armor and are able to fend off multiple waves of strafing. Yea the P-38 may be overkill but the allies should have the air advantage. Is the Mogami really that overpowering? I kinda wanted the Japanese forces to have the sea advantage but if its too much of a sea advantage sure more tones then Mogami's

Btw renowns are really BC's not really BB's, thats probably why they get owned by Mogami's XD.

@Admin
Yea I know a ton after writing that guide along with some new stuff which I have yet to put in it yet. However I dont have the advantage of 2 computers like Gamming-for-dummys has, I cant play test the map to make sure it works and thats the key part to modding =/. That doesn't mean I am not helping/making a map *hint it wont be multiplayer* =)

Anywho thanks for the feed back guys ^^

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Mogami has 10 8' guns and 12 Torpedo tubes she is fast enough to come in close for a suicide attack on a Renown as her forward guns will be knocking out Renowns forward 15' turrets. After she gets in close perhaps .5 she can torp the BB(BC in reality) to death. And in reality Renowns armor would have immeadiately been penetrated by 8 inch guns as it 6' at belt and only place that was thicker is the turrets. Perhaps you can say this is possible with the Tone too but that close it really doest matter as anything gets that close and has 12 torp tubes you better hope that ship is not a key unit. About P-38s they are armed with 1 20mm and 5 .50s so I still do not think that the troop transports will survive more then 1 pass if theres a whole squadron of them. But its your idea and im just giving recommendations.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Katarya im not saying its a bad thing, it takes more then 1 person to make a good map so the more comments and recommendations is a good thing ^^.

Ill see about how good the armor is on the troop transport in a test tomorrow, if it can withstand a single strafing run by a P-38 then I shouldn't have to downgrade the P-38 to wildcats, hurricanes, or (yes I hope you didn't forget) Buffalo's.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Im always with this opinion - we should try to test new map, then we can discuss about map balance. Little replacements of units can change everything. For example Indian in first version was almost impossible to win by USA. After replacements 2 Renown for 2 New York class and 2 Takao for 2 Kuma map is balanced much more. So - without test we cannot give correct opinion about map balancing.

Tipsy - you can always ask me to test map. I''ll help you with this if you want ab

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

this is good idea... they should put it in map pack

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks EST_PL =D, but first I want to finish my current map then take a short break from modding before I do any more projects.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Okay but when your map will be done, at this moment we have 3 maps and we can fix all bugs (if possible) and release this mappack!

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

i think tht second map pack should b historically possible like this one !!!

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Bah I hate it when your right Katarya, my tests concluded this, the P-38 shreds right through transport ships, even buffalos tear them up, since when does .20 cal guns do that to a ship?! The P-38 I can understand but the buffalo!

At least there is some good news, compared to the other ships the cargo and tanker ones, the troop transport doesn't instantly die, and it can repair up to 50% of its max health after a single strafing run, but a 2nd run will sink it =/. However this test was done without Flak support and Air cover so real results might be much more different concerning if the planes can actually get close enough to hit the transports.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Yeah its the problem for Tokyo Express too. But im not sure its possible to make straffing fire against cargo ships uneffective or not. This is the question for You, guys ab

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
hilary5746
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM