Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

how do you make ships spawnable on certain maps(island capture)

how do you make ships spawnable on certain maps(island capture)

well here im trying to make certain ships spawnable (shinyo Lexington hiryu and akagi) on island capture maps and make the enemy carriers pay for annihilating my yamato grand fleet

smac
Seaman
Activity Points: 112
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: how do you make ships spawnable on certain maps(island capture)

gods sake. use your own carriers back at them.

I may be Sloppy, but I can still win...
In other words:
PREPARE TO LOOSE!

SloppyJapMan
Propaganda Officer
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 983
ranks
useravatar
148 Posts
User info in posts

Furthermore, you can't add aircraft carriers in island capture spawnpoints. it would be a spawnpoint spawned by a spawnpoint. And I don't think a Shinyo suicide ship will really help sinking any enemy carrier. You can MP me if you want some info about BSP modding.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

It is technically possible, you should be able to carry over a niffty LUA line from BSM to BSP to spawn a unit at set location when certain conditions are met, then create a spawn location (it is its own entity last I check the .SCN for BSP, and obviously wont attach to the CV tho I could be wrong I never really bothered to look into it) then attach an objective to the CV. Then set a statement that if the CV is dead remove/destroy the spawn entity. The LUA script between the two doesn't seem that all radically different the last time I checked which was years ago XD

The alternative is to forgo the spawn location and make the CV herself launch planes which is something I didn't spend time to find out how to do in BSP.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

I'm sure you're right, and It seems that you know better than me to script .LUA events and objectives. But still you won't be able to add a carrier to the infinite spam list of a BSP headquarter (crash).

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

or you can use seaborne aircraft as a catapult launched plane of a carrier but my question is how to add ships to the shipyard spawn list

smac
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts
User info in posts

I assume you can use the BSPripper :

For the multiplayer map 1 (dreadnought) :
-extract 0_scene1.mpak, 1_scene1IC1.mpak, 1_scene1IC2.mpak and 1_scene1IC3.mpak from the Scene file where Battlestations is installed. Create also a save copy of them.

-Open the file scene1.scn from 0_scene1.mpak (universe/scenes/missions/multi/)

-Search (ctrl F)     " (SpawnPoint) {
If you do it right you'll see under the lines including [" (SpawnPoint) {] a list with this form :

Code:

properties (Common, MultiEntity)  {

"AlliedList" {
          "Stock 21" {
            Count = I 0 ;
            SquadSize = I 3 ;
            Type = E PlaneClasses : Wildcat  ;
          }
          "Stock 22" {
            Count = I 0 ;
            SquadSize = I 3 ;
            Type = E PlaneClasses : Dauntless  ;
          }
          "Stock 23" {
            Count = I 0 ;
            SquadSize = I 3 ;
            Type = E PlaneClasses : Avenger  ;
          }
          "Stock 24" {
            Count = I 0 ;
            SquadSize = I 1 ;
            Type = E PlaneClasses : Catalina  ;

The list is builded this way :

Code:

properties (Common, MultiEntity)  {

"AlliedList" {
HERE THE ALLIED LIST
        Angle = I 180 ;
        "JapanList" {
HERE THE JAPANESE LIST

This is here and how you do it : each list is associated with a spawnpoint on the map on small, medium or large size, representing a airfield, a shipyard or both. To modify it, don't add an entry, just modify one already here. I the Count value is 0, the unit can't be spawned. If the value is -1 or any value, it will be present. Note that for example a 6 count will note make this unit spawnable 6 time before being unavailable. It is still infinite. Okay let's mess up with the Catalina code I showed :

No catalina :

Code:

"Stock 24" {

Count = I 0 ;
            SquadSize = I 1 ;

Catalina available :

Code:

"Stock 24" {

Count = I -1 ;
            SquadSize = I 1 ;

Catalina available in squad of 5 :

Code:

"Stock 24" {

Count = I -1 ;
            SquadSize = I 5 ;

Now it's no more a catalina but a Mitchell squad, and there's 3 of them :

Code:

"Stock 24" {

Count = I -1 ;
            SquadSize = I 3 ;
            Type = E PlaneClasses : Mitchell  ;

-When you have done this, save and copy/clue the scene1.scn in 1_scene1IC1.mpak, 1_scene1IC2.mpak and 1_scene1IC3.mpak in universe/scenes/missions/multi/ where there should be another one. -Compile.
-Test.

Trivia :
-Don't add ships to airfield or plane to shipyard. Just take a look at the units available in the vanilla file to see which spawnpoint is where. For instance, in the map 1, the only spawnpoint that can spawn Fusô-class battleships is the central island.
-You can give allied japanese units and the japanese allied units just by getting an allied unit in the japanese list or revert.

Since I don't want anybody to take hours of test to find out these info as I did, here is the spawnlist name of every unlockable unit, so you can add them at any shipyard or airfield supporting them :

Code:

Japanese :

Yamato
Tone
Akizuki
Shimakaze
I400
Shinden
Kikka
BettyOkha
Emily

DLC japanese:

SuperYamato
KumaTorpedo
Liz

Allied:

Iowa
Atlanta
ASWfletcher
AllenMSumner
Gato
ShootingStar
AvengerTinyTim
Superfortress

DLC allied

Montana
Alaska
Mustang

Hope it's what you needed.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

thnx now ill try carriers or shinyo or any other not spawnable unit in game

smac
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
13 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
alphajereTango123
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 6 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday is today!

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday is today!

R4tzer Send PM
birthday is today!

Mad.fin.69 Send PM