Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Hi guys (new to the forum, and the game, actually)
So I got the game abiut a week ago and have just completed both campaigns, so i decided to have a spot of island capturing in SP, however I can't seem to add bots, I can add bots in the other types of games (By pressing RB or LB (360)), but not on island capture, am I missing something? (please say yes).
I'm guessing taht they would do this to encourage people to go online or just because they felt like being dicks, either way, not cool.
Thanks for any replies,
PS, a sub that can launch planes??!!!! GET OUTTA HERE!!!
Re: Island capture
Welcome on the forum, newcomer.
Yes you can't add bots on island capture maps, but at the same time adding a new bot on the enemy team would serve no purpose (the first IA already uses all the points) and adding a bot on your own side would only result of you having half the points needed to spawn units. You can't add more than one bot because it would be useless.
And yes, Japanese subs can launch some recon planes, witch is historically correct. The I-400 sub was even conceived as a submarine aircraft carrier to bombard the Panama's canal.
Re: Island capture
Thanks for the welcome,
HHmmmm, you make some good logical points, which coincidently make look a fool! lol
Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense, I just wanted a place where I could play with units without having to worry about the whole (preferably quite long) battle.
I heard about the Panama Canal plan, seems like a good idea, if a little late.
And there's me thinking that carrier subs first appeared in Supreme Commander
Re: Island capture
the I-400 were not the only subs that could launch planes the japanese retrofited many subs to launch planes the british also had a sub theat could launch planes but the scraped it for regular subs
prepare to be shot down
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post