Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Battle of Pearl Harbor Map Idea

Battle of Pearl Harbor Map Idea

name: day of infamy

map: pearl harbor

story: (this is just historically possible not wut really happened) It's December 4, 1941... Admiral Kimmel ordered the battleships to San Diego to get further armourment upgrades. Because of increasingly high Japanese aggression they sent lots of destroyers and heavy cruisers with them. Japanese recon had reported the battleships were anchored on December 3 but were unaware of their mobilization. When the Japanese attack group arrived at the island they were shocked to see that the American battleships were already on the move. The battleships saw the enemy fleet and realized what their plan was. Minutes later the Battle of Pearl Harbor began.

Units:
(US)
Player 1: BB,BB,BB,DD
Player 2: airfeild,BB,CA,BB
Player 3:CA,BB,CA,BB
Player 4:BB,DD,DD,DD

Notes:  all  BBs are new york class . DDs 3 clemson class  3 fletcher CAs are northampton class airfeilds contain 30 p-40s, 30 devastators, and 30 dauntlesses.

Units:
IJN
Player 5: CV,CV,DD,BB
Player 6: CV,CV,DD,BB
Player 7: CV,DD,BB,CA
Player 8: CV,BB,DD,CA

Notes: 2 CVs akagi class(kaga,akagi) soryu class(soryu,hiryu) and then zuikaku class(zuikaku,shokaku) all contain 40 zeroes, 40 vals, 40 kates. 2 BBs are kongo class (kongo,haruna) others are Fuso class (again additional support with BBs)(Fuso,Yamashiro) DDs fubuki class(fubuki,shirayuki,hatsuyuki,miyuki,murakumo,shinonome) CAs are both mogami class (to help with BBs)

objectives:

US: 1.Sink enemy fleet
      2.One of the american key units must survive (key units is the entire fleet airfeilds and shipyards

IJN: 1. Sink the American key units (New York, Arizona, Nevada)
      2. One of the japanese key units must survive (Akagi,Kaga,Soryu,Hiryu,Zuikaku,Shokaku)

Edited By: beast09
31-Jul-09 02:53:33

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Battle of Pearl Harbor Map Idea

Now at first the map seems a little unbalanced with Advantage being American. Yes the Japanese have 3 subs and yes their DDs are better but when a BB is 1.2 off your carriers with half or full health does it matter?You pretty much lost. Kongos are inferior to New Yorks and Fubukis shells cant even penetrate BB armor and them getting close enough to fully hit a BB is slim. It also seems like it will either be over very fast or stretch out for a long long time like Solomons. And it also does seem like that map.

Conclusions:
1 more bb to each side US BB should be Renown class while Japanese should be Fuso. That levels it out as both side will  have 36 big guns.
Also adding some CAs and CLs to each side can help.
Well I hope that helps you and good luck.

PS:The map creating team, I have been trying to create a new map to speed up the map pack relesae but have had no success and even modfiying existing maps have ended up failure and I can't find the Modding Paper.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

THX ill do tht but ill make in king george class

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Well I read the downloading problem give me a 10-20 mins and I'll conjure something up for your opinion and I'll use the current list.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

alright this wut im doin im keepin new york class but thinkin bout tearing out all subs on lvl 2 put in extra BB for japan and some CAs 4 US, i changed 2 of the BBs 2 fuso other are gonna b haruna, and 4 mor help i brought in some mogami class CAs (only 2) wut did u think bout the air superiority? did tht seem fair

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Well the Wildcat is slightly better then Zero but you countered that with P-40 which is slightly inferior so I thought it was good. Plz list units with the next reply I really need it. Here's an example:
IJN
Player 1: BB CA CV CL DD
Player 2: BB CA CV CL DD
Player 3: BB CA CV CL DD
Player 4: BB CA CV CL DD
Total: 4 BB, 4 CA, 4 CV, 4 CL , 4 DD
US
Player 1: BB BB CV
Player 2: BB CA CV CA
Player 3: BB BB CV
Player 4: BB CA CV CA
Total 6 BB, 4 CA, 4 CV
Not fair ofc but just an example.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

US UNITS

Player 1:CV,DD,DD,CA
Player 2:CV,DD,DD,BB
Player 3:Airfeild,CA,DD,BB
Player 4:Airfeild,BB,DD,CA

Total 3 BBs.... 2 CV........ 2 airfeild................. 3 CAs.................. 6 DDS

I ADDED A 4TH JAPAN BB CUZ 3 NEW YORK ON 2 FUSO AND 1 KONGO IS STILL NOT FAIR THE US IS OUTNUMBERED IN THT CATEGORY BUT IM GONNA CHANGE THE SHIPYARD 2 A CA  SINCE THER NO SUBS FOR PTS 2 SINK AND WOULD B POINTLESS 2 HAVE THEM

JAPAN UNITS

Player 5:CV,DD,BB,CA
Player 6: CV,BB,DD,DD
Player 7: CV, BB,CA,DD
Player 8: CV, BB,DD,DD

4 BBs.......... 4 CVs........ 2 CAs........... 6 DDs............

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Okay so I finished it and is this something like what you have in your mind?

http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/167/Beasts-map-rough-draft.jpg

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

yea looks just like the outside of the harbors channel

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Okay then... Pearl Harbor. As far as we know in Pearl Harbor american airforces did not exists. We also know, there was no battleships battle.

IMO map should be a little different. As a template we can (probably) use Pearl Harbor single player map.

Some Japan units should be: 6 carriers 5 minisubs.
Some USA units: max 1 airfield (with about 30 warhawks) 6 or 8 BBs. No carriers.

Explanation. Pearl Harbor USA side - that was a fight for survive!!

Okay - It's simple how to mark USA key units - 3 or 4 of these USA BBs should be marked as a key units. IJN wins when they could destroy these key units. Not sure how we can assign targets for USA.

That's my 5 cents about Pearl Harbor ab.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

try 2 space out the airfeilds tho

if the BBs or CAs get in range of one of them then the can take both out really easily put them far down the coast tht will make it harder 2 get both of them and oahu actually had 2 small airstrips around those areas lol

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Well idk how to get single player template to Photoshop but ill change it.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

its not supposed 2 b real history tho... if u read the story they kept carriers ther so they wouldnt get ambushed by the subs tht were around the island like the DD found...and wen i thot of this i no a controversy is tht thers only 2 allied BBs tht are really tht good new york class and iowa class and i made as fair as possible but let u hav huge dogfights and naval battles 2.... and how bout this BBs airfeilds and CVs are key units k

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

its kinda like the first mission of bsp just carriers were ther and us wuz able 2 counterattack after first wave

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Try this

http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/167/Beasts-map-rough-draft-2.jpg

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
kelly0947
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 4 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts