Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

MAP IDEA

MAP IDEA

Map: Sydney Harbor

Story: After Japan captured Port Moresby the port was under heavy bombardment from airstrips at Sidney Harbor. IJN commanders devised a plan to invade Sydney Harbor and use their ports and airfeilds to bomb the rest of Aulstralia. After the cease of Port Moresby the UK dispatched a battle group to protect Sydney and the coast of Australia. If Japan conquered Sydney the UK would have no more naval bases until India and would make the Pacifc Japan's for the taking.

Units Allies:

Slot 1: BB,CL,DD,Airfeild
Slot 2: CL,DD,BC,DD
Slot 3: CA,Cl,DD,Airfeild
Slot 4: CA,BC,DD,DD

Units IJN:

Slot 5:CV,CA,AK,DD
Slot 6:BB,CV,SS,DD
Slot 7:BB,CA,AK,DD
Slot 8:CA,AK,AK,DD

Objectives:  Allies: 1. Sink enemy CVs and Troop Transports
                          2. Atleast one key unit must survive (BCs,BB,Airfeilds)
                          3. Do not let Troop Transports cross yellow line

IJN: 1. Atleast 1 Troop Transport must cross yellow line
                       2. One Japanese key unit must survive (CVs,AKs)
                       3. Sink and destroy enemy BCs and airfeilds

Feel free to give ur ideas and dont hold back lol

roflcopter
Ensign
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MAP IDEA

Nice
I like mision Sydney Harbour from BsP
But not BC only BB ag
Create map we will see it

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

Thats good map concept, but still needs a sample draft.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

I am guessing by BC he means the Renown class. Very interesting, but yes we do need a map to see where things will be placed.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

hey i had idea like this but i scratched it cuz it wuz like tipsys port moresby

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

make sure LSTs or those big jap green landing ships tho... tipsy said tht they are not as weak to strafe fire

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

should i keep renown tho? or switch 2 king george class... neither are very effective vs jap bbs.

roflcopter
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

I like the concept map , for BB , I like play with King george , because there isn't a lot of maps with this BB

Cpt.Mayou
Ensign
Activity Points: 64
ranks
useravatar
60 Posts
User info in posts

here is mental picture 4 u guys..... jap fleet comes in from top of map and british fleet is right in front of harbor.... airfeilds will b rite down the neck of the harbor and along the coast (idk if u no this but i do sydney harbor mouth wuz very big and could fit 3 Yamatos in it)... the yellow line 4 invasion and succes of mission 4 the japs is basically getting into the harbor cuz we cant really go far into the harbor... so if ur UK u need 2 take out invasion force key units which are the LSTs and CVs... the best way 2 secure ur victory is send the invasion force 2 the back of convoy with lots of DD protection and a CV 4 airsupport while BBs and rest of fleet take out defenses and fleet( 2 get best picture look at a picture of sydney harbor (port jackson) and u will c wut i am talking bout (no need 4 details of city sydney wuznt as big of city back then

roflcopter
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

King George not that great of a BB?! the KG is the 2nd best allied BB hands down, the only thing it cant stand up to is the Yamato. So if the Yamato isnt going to take part in this battle, and your just going to have Fuso's/Kongo's vs's 2 KG then the alllies will have the BB advantage.

Apart from that rant, im eh, its a decent map with a good concept of an attacker and defender.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

k i is changing units 4 allies 2 KG class BBs 1 renown class BC, 3 deyruter class CLs, 6 fletcher class, 2 airfeilds and 2 york class btw i used paint and i made some really good drafts of sydney harbor but idk how 2 post it! lol can u guys help me out

roflcopter
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

Tipsy3000 wrote:

King George not that great of a BB?! the KG is the 2nd best allied BB hands down, the only thing it cant stand up to is the Yamato. So if the Yamato isnt going to take part in this battle, and your just going to have Fuso's/Kongo's vs's 2 KG then the alllies will have the BB advantage.

Apart from that rant, im eh, its a decent map with a good concept of an attacker and defender.

Its good but Id say the New york class is better.  They both have 10 14 inch guns but New york's are in more turrets.  If one of the turrets goes in KG you lose a lot of firepower.

Anyhow map seems good.  Just make sure both Jap BBs are Fuso class.

Blaze
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts
User info in posts

he cant change them 2 new york cuz this is a british flotilla no US reinforcements this time... he said in the story tht the british fleet stationed at India sent some reinforcements to help them

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Here you go.
http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/167/map-3.jpg

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

OMG thx again!!! u rock katarya

roflcopter
Ensign
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
angela0325
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 23 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM