Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Hi there, new to the game

Hi there, new to the game

Hi Guys

been playing the game for a week now and want to do some multi player if its possible. I have downloaded all the mod maps also and patches just in case.

if anyone would like a game some time please pm me (if option available, not checked yet)

Thanks

jaruler
Seaman
Activity Points: 41
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Hi there, new to the game

88 views so far and no comments?

does no one play multi on this game then?  help me in a direction so i can get in on some multi fun?

thanks

jaruler
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

Hi
and welcome

you r playing BSP or BSM?

BSP: (MNC) Admiral Andy76

Admiral Andy76
MNC
Commander
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
292 Posts
User info in posts

battle stations midway at the moment. it was a game i wanted a whiel back but never got. got it cheap now and i liked playing it,  love the ship battles mostly.  is BSP possible to download or easy to still buy?

thanks

jaruler
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

ok i only play BSP

BSP: (MNC) Admiral Andy76

Admiral Andy76
MNC
Commander
Activity Points: 1904
ranks
useravatar
292 Posts
User info in posts

Ok anyone else wanna give some advice here?

thanks

jaruler
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

For multiplayer:
Always set repair for ships to all water, fires do nothing to ur ship in multiplayer ONLY.
when ur ships hull is destoyed, planes crashing that hull-destroyed ship do a little damage.
thats what i can think of

SunBoxi123
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 277
ranks
useravatar
35 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you

i played a few multi the other day and lost most.  i keep finding that the ships dont fire when there supposed to so u have to take command and then it means you cant focus on all the other things going on.  such as pt boats.  you send to attack but they just aim straight for the enemy and dont fire torps. i have to take control of each and fire and then get out.

same with subs. when it comes to torps they dont fire.  main weapons on ships fire ok but is it worth aiming for the weapons?

what i hate is that all all are set to do nothing or use torps as standard setting when the game starts so you waste time going to each one and changing settings. is there away around this or quick hot keys?

I hate how the tab is for map. as i cant stop pressing alt tab together and leaping out of the game bloody annoying.

anything else i should now about multi? 

one thing i did like is that i killed a sub with my cruiser and main weapons when the sub was SUBMERGED circling to get a shot on me lol.  Dont thing he was expecting a shell to land on him lol

jaruler
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

Use tactical map often. Control your all units on that map. But when any of your units going to action, use it manually. Units have AI, but it's not so smart.

Take a look for other players gameplay.
Always set 3 for water (you can change it for short moments, if needed)
Use kamikaze for bombers, you can send 2x bigger number of planes thanks to that.
Send your not needed squads (for example: without bombs) out of map, landing takes a lot of time.
If you have two units in action - use bigger one.
Try to stay broadside to the enemy ehips, you can use all ur guns.
Do not launch subs on Solomon Islands
Spread your torps if you firing them from the long distance
Use tactical map often (not less than 5x per minute)
Try to help ur teammmates and cooperate with them
Ask them, what to do, if you have questions - smart guys always will answer you.
Have fun
Good luck ae

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6188
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

how do u set to kamikazie?
also do u mean in repair set 3 for water?

thanks

jaruler
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

1. ram the plane to a ship urself, AI wont do it
2. in the reapir screen, put all 3 cute little white sticky figues at the water column/row

SunBoxi123
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 277
ranks
useravatar
35 Posts
User info in posts

Hello jaruler,

Hookman here. I'm a newbie myself. Did anyone let you know where there are any servers to play online. I've assumed there are no BSM  Meta-Servers but maybe some private ones. I'll look around here and see if we can help ea. other. Do you have  any communication apps like Team Speak or whatever? Drop me a line @ This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

See yas later

Hookman 843
Seaman
Activity Points: 18
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
User info in posts

Hi jaruler,

the connection-server standart is the same u have in ur login-part of the game BSM.
this is gamespy.com "start BSM" , "multiplayer" , "internet" , "gamespy-konto"
a) public usr name in-game
b) a valid emailadress
c) pw
d) usr name of account
bf
some souces for searching server 3rd party maybe on : gamespy.com or gameshadow.com but
some game-svr-SP´s have a problem with licenses of EIDOS, don´t know more about.  ak

skype should be prefered here.  ar

happy gaming  bp
Joghurt der Letzte

No fun without a work for...

use GameRanger :   in BSM as usr:  fuckwarcrime  in svr: -=[DBM]=-Joghurt    ---   in BSP as usr:  JoghurtDLetzte  in  svr: ?
                                                               SKYPE :  call  talk2Joghurt

in WoT EU-svr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte   /  WoT EU- testsvr  :  as   JoghurtDerLetzte_EU

Joghurt der Letzte
Sniper
Ensign
Activity Points: 397
ranks
useravatar
78 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
harryernest5078324
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 6 days ago
  • N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
  • Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
  • N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
  • N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
  • Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
  • Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
  • N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
  • Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
  • N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
  • Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
  • Runsva : Anyone there??
  • Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

eveningevening Send PM
birthday was Friday, 24 March 2017

Adi_POL Send PM
birthday was yesterday

Thedivingmongoose Send PM
birthday will Friday, 31 March 2017

Tiberius Send PM
birthday will Monday, 03 April 2017