Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
The term Beehive may also refer to Sanshiki, San-Shiki or sanshikidan (lit. "type 3") ammunition, a combined shrapnel and incendiary round for anti-aircraft use, used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II. The shell was designed for several gun calibers, including the 18-inch (460 mm) guns of the Yamato class battleships.
The 460 mm (18 in) round weighed 2,998 lb and was filled with 900 incendiary tubes and 600 steel stays. The round was equipped with a delay fuze set before firing, that exploded the round at the set altitude; on explosion, the steel shrapnels and the incendiary tubes were ejected in a 20-degree cone forward. The shell itself exploded immediately afterwards due to its burst charge, further increasing the amount of shrapnel. The incendiary tubes ignited about a half-second later and burned for five seconds with 16-feet long flames. Each of the incendiary tubes was a 90 mm long, 25 mm diameter hollow steel cylinder, filled with rubber thermite (phosphorus, vulcanized rubber, natural rubber, stearic acid, sulphur and barium nitrate) and ignited through holes on both sides. The rounds were similar to conventional shells, except their wood-filled ogive and several layers of assembled fragments.
How would you like that on the Yamato?
Already thought of that...But I didn't do it because of a simple factor : The range of that gun would be great on ship to ship and on ship to air...
It is a balance problem, but certainly not in favor of the Yamato : How to sink a I.A. Yamato easy ? Put an airplane just at the range of the main guns. All they'll do will be to try to shoot it down. Then bring any battleship at range. Done.
Now you have options :
- or you make it totally OP by having a little reload time with big destruction capacity, then I don't see the point.
- or you make it powerful enough to kill any plane oneshot with a long reload time, but then it's still easy for the US battleship to approach with the reload time.
-or you make it not really powerful, with little reload time, and the plane(s) will survive long enough for the US battleship to approach and pwn the Yamato.
That's what I thought but you can have a good idea I didn't had.
I'm experimenting with it. Made a prototype Beehive shell in BSP and it works pretty good. Didn't give it the huge damage or range as in real life or else it would own incoming aircraft. Gave it a bit more damage than regular flak, little less range but a decent damage radius. A salvo from 6 guns can only just wipe out an incoming squad (maybe more, maybe less because the damage varies hugely). Tried flying vs it in campaign, it's quite scary to see those 18'' guns turning towards you, firing and seeing all hell breaking loose in the skies. Needs some tweaks but will maybe post it in the second BSmodHQ 3.0 for BSP sneak preview trailer. Check out the 1st preview video HERE
Yeah it had impressive destruction power, with a very good range of course.
Another AA use of the Yamato class 18" guns seemed to fire in the water with ship-to-ship shells in front of torpedo bombers. The wall of water that was created was not penetrable by a plane at their speed. Not to talk about the kinetic wave effect created by such technics on the planes.
Your vid can't launch for me.
Anyway, if you really want to incorporate this, i can only suggest to put a strong balance hammer on it.
Hey you know what, by writing this I just got the idea for that, and I think I'll finally try it myself.
Something is wrong with the forum's player. Will give a direct link (btw it's the preview of the T Sumner). Sure I'm scaling it back to make it balanced. Won't help if Yamato had beehive and no plane can come near it. We're always focussing on keeping it balanced, fair but more exciting and fresher than ever
the beehive shells the yamato were only aa use only, also the nagato class had them too but the her sister mutsu had her magazine number 3 explode blowing the turret off this resulted inher sinking at kure after that the 16.1 beehive shells on nagato were removed there also 8inch and 6.1 inch variants.
prepare to be shot down
also the nagato class had them too but the her sister mutsu had her magazine number 3 explode blowing the turret off this resulted inher sinking at kure after that the 16.1 beehive shells on nagato were removed there also 8inch and 6.1 inch variants
prepare to be shot down
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post