Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
The term Beehive may also refer to Sanshiki, San-Shiki or sanshikidan (lit. "type 3") ammunition, a combined shrapnel and incendiary round for anti-aircraft use, used by the Imperial Japanese Navy in World War II. The shell was designed for several gun calibers, including the 18-inch (460 mm) guns of the Yamato class battleships.
The 460 mm (18 in) round weighed 2,998 lb and was filled with 900 incendiary tubes and 600 steel stays. The round was equipped with a delay fuze set before firing, that exploded the round at the set altitude; on explosion, the steel shrapnels and the incendiary tubes were ejected in a 20-degree cone forward. The shell itself exploded immediately afterwards due to its burst charge, further increasing the amount of shrapnel. The incendiary tubes ignited about a half-second later and burned for five seconds with 16-feet long flames. Each of the incendiary tubes was a 90 mm long, 25 mm diameter hollow steel cylinder, filled with rubber thermite (phosphorus, vulcanized rubber, natural rubber, stearic acid, sulphur and barium nitrate) and ignited through holes on both sides. The rounds were similar to conventional shells, except their wood-filled ogive and several layers of assembled fragments.
How would you like that on the Yamato?
Already thought of that...But I didn't do it because of a simple factor : The range of that gun would be great on ship to ship and on ship to air...
It is a balance problem, but certainly not in favor of the Yamato : How to sink a I.A. Yamato easy ? Put an airplane just at the range of the main guns. All they'll do will be to try to shoot it down. Then bring any battleship at range. Done.
Now you have options :
- or you make it totally OP by having a little reload time with big destruction capacity, then I don't see the point.
- or you make it powerful enough to kill any plane oneshot with a long reload time, but then it's still easy for the US battleship to approach with the reload time.
-or you make it not really powerful, with little reload time, and the plane(s) will survive long enough for the US battleship to approach and pwn the Yamato.
That's what I thought but you can have a good idea I didn't had.
I'm experimenting with it. Made a prototype Beehive shell in BSP and it works pretty good. Didn't give it the huge damage or range as in real life or else it would own incoming aircraft. Gave it a bit more damage than regular flak, little less range but a decent damage radius. A salvo from 6 guns can only just wipe out an incoming squad (maybe more, maybe less because the damage varies hugely). Tried flying vs it in campaign, it's quite scary to see those 18'' guns turning towards you, firing and seeing all hell breaking loose in the skies. Needs some tweaks but will maybe post it in the second BSmodHQ 3.0 for BSP sneak preview trailer. Check out the 1st preview video HERE
Yeah it had impressive destruction power, with a very good range of course.
Another AA use of the Yamato class 18" guns seemed to fire in the water with ship-to-ship shells in front of torpedo bombers. The wall of water that was created was not penetrable by a plane at their speed. Not to talk about the kinetic wave effect created by such technics on the planes.
Your vid can't launch for me.
Anyway, if you really want to incorporate this, i can only suggest to put a strong balance hammer on it.
Hey you know what, by writing this I just got the idea for that, and I think I'll finally try it myself.
Something is wrong with the forum's player. Will give a direct link (btw it's the preview of the T Sumner). Sure I'm scaling it back to make it balanced. Won't help if Yamato had beehive and no plane can come near it. We're always focussing on keeping it balanced, fair but more exciting and fresher than ever
the beehive shells the yamato were only aa use only, also the nagato class had them too but the her sister mutsu had her magazine number 3 explode blowing the turret off this resulted inher sinking at kure after that the 16.1 beehive shells on nagato were removed there also 8inch and 6.1 inch variants.
prepare to be shot down
also the nagato class had them too but the her sister mutsu had her magazine number 3 explode blowing the turret off this resulted inher sinking at kure after that the 16.1 beehive shells on nagato were removed there also 8inch and 6.1 inch variants
prepare to be shot down
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : it shouldn't crash any of the IJN missions, just one mission has the history of crashing in the Challenge missions 2, I don't know the name as its been a while I last loaded this mod
- alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
Only registered users are allowed to post
birthday will Tuesday, 02 May 2017