Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Sink the Japanese flagship Nachi
One of the 2 cruisers must survive
Locate and sink 2 cargo ships
Sink the opposing 2 US cruisers
Our flagship Nachi must stay afloat
Ensure that 2 cargo ships stay afloat
Player 1: Salt Lake City (Northampton)
Player 2: Richmond (de Ruyter)
Player 3: Bailey(Fletcher), Dale(Clemson)
Player 4: Coghlan(Fletcher), Monaghan(Clemson)
Player 5: Nachi(Takao), Wakaba(Fubuki)
Player 6: Maya(Takao), Hatsushimo(Fubuki)
Player 7: Tama(Kuma), Ikazuchi(Fubuki) --> escort force
Player 8: Abukuma(Kuma), Inazuma(Fubuki)
AI control: Asaka Maru, Sakito Maru, Sanko Maru --> supply convoy
The US must attempt to destroy the main fleet whose duty is to escort the supply convoy to the Aleutian islands. The battle takes place just Suth of the Commander Islands. The Japanese main force is to the Southwest heading North to link up with the convoy. The Tama and Ikazuchi are already in escort position. The US became aware of the resupply and assembled a force to try and intercept the convoy but did not expect opposition. Now that the japanese are aware of the US fleet the 2 escort ships can decide to stay with the Cargo ships and escort them to ensure they complete their secondary objective or immediately head South to strenghten the Southern fleet and protect the flagship Nachi. The US can send ships after the convoy but this will weaken their fleet, however if there is no escort a destroyer will be suffice to sink the convoy. Otherwise the entire force can head South to meet the Japanese fleet and attempt to sink the Nachi. The battle is very strategic at first where both sides should decide whether to sacrifice ships for the secondary objective (worth 2000 points) or keep the fleet together. Then when the 2 fleets finally meet the outcome would be decided by skill and accuracy. If the US manage to split the Japanese fire and concentrate on the Nachi they can easily sink her before both US cruisers are lost. This is the only surface-only (no subs or planes) battle of WW2 and one of the few pure gunnery duels ever. This is strategy and action at its best.
I just want to credit the Midway Modders for the US ship textures and Oomperial for the JP ship textures I incorporated. Thanks.
Re: Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Actually the Japanese had 1 more DD that I did not include for 2 reasons (1st being balance and 2nd this DD wasn't part of the battle at all). As for firepower this is why the Japanese have 1 and the US have 2 key units and 2 Japanese units start away from it all. The Richmond can single handedly take down both Kuma CL's and the DD's are even so it's just a matter of doing the right maneuvres. It isn't harder for the US than the Japanese to win. But yeah this is an interesting map to play as it is ship only. When those 2 fleets meet it's literally 2-3 minutes of all-hell-breaks-loose-free-for-all-with-just-shells-flying-and-ships-exploding
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : it shouldn't crash any of the IJN missions, just one mission has the history of crashing in the Challenge missions 2, I don't know the name as its been a while I last loaded this mod
- alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
Only registered users are allowed to post
birthday will Tuesday, 02 May 2017