Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Sink the Japanese flagship Nachi
One of the 2 cruisers must survive
Locate and sink 2 cargo ships
Sink the opposing 2 US cruisers
Our flagship Nachi must stay afloat
Ensure that 2 cargo ships stay afloat
Player 1: Salt Lake City (Northampton)
Player 2: Richmond (de Ruyter)
Player 3: Bailey(Fletcher), Dale(Clemson)
Player 4: Coghlan(Fletcher), Monaghan(Clemson)
Player 5: Nachi(Takao), Wakaba(Fubuki)
Player 6: Maya(Takao), Hatsushimo(Fubuki)
Player 7: Tama(Kuma), Ikazuchi(Fubuki) --> escort force
Player 8: Abukuma(Kuma), Inazuma(Fubuki)
AI control: Asaka Maru, Sakito Maru, Sanko Maru --> supply convoy
The US must attempt to destroy the main fleet whose duty is to escort the supply convoy to the Aleutian islands. The battle takes place just Suth of the Commander Islands. The Japanese main force is to the Southwest heading North to link up with the convoy. The Tama and Ikazuchi are already in escort position. The US became aware of the resupply and assembled a force to try and intercept the convoy but did not expect opposition. Now that the japanese are aware of the US fleet the 2 escort ships can decide to stay with the Cargo ships and escort them to ensure they complete their secondary objective or immediately head South to strenghten the Southern fleet and protect the flagship Nachi. The US can send ships after the convoy but this will weaken their fleet, however if there is no escort a destroyer will be suffice to sink the convoy. Otherwise the entire force can head South to meet the Japanese fleet and attempt to sink the Nachi. The battle is very strategic at first where both sides should decide whether to sacrifice ships for the secondary objective (worth 2000 points) or keep the fleet together. Then when the 2 fleets finally meet the outcome would be decided by skill and accuracy. If the US manage to split the Japanese fire and concentrate on the Nachi they can easily sink her before both US cruisers are lost. This is the only surface-only (no subs or planes) battle of WW2 and one of the few pure gunnery duels ever. This is strategy and action at its best.
I just want to credit the Midway Modders for the US ship textures and Oomperial for the JP ship textures I incorporated. Thanks.
Re: Battle of the Komandorski Islands
Actually the Japanese had 1 more DD that I did not include for 2 reasons (1st being balance and 2nd this DD wasn't part of the battle at all). As for firepower this is why the Japanese have 1 and the US have 2 key units and 2 Japanese units start away from it all. The Richmond can single handedly take down both Kuma CL's and the DD's are even so it's just a matter of doing the right maneuvres. It isn't harder for the US than the Japanese to win. But yeah this is an interesting map to play as it is ship only. When those 2 fleets meet it's literally 2-3 minutes of all-hell-breaks-loose-free-for-all-with-just-shells-flying-and-ships-exploding
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post