Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

BSP ripper tutorial

BSP ripper tutorial

is there a kind soul out there who could help me get to grips with the ripper tool, as im trying to edit the command point limit but have no idea what to do.

reply to theis thread or add me on steam(lincolnahwk92)

thanks

venom463@gmail.com
Seaman
Activity Points: 15
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: BSP ripper tutorial

From battlestations pacific/mpak/globals, extract with BSPRipper
GVMainMenu
GVMultiMenu_Init

find file named "multiglobals" under BSP Ripper\ExtractedFiles\GVMainMenu.mpak\scripts\datatables

Into the file, search for
    [5] = {--"MLS_RESOURCE"

the lines under indicate the points limits and are editable : example for 2500 and 2000 points:

[0] = { [2500] = "FE.multi_commandpointlimit_desc",  ["Default"] = true,--["MenuDIS"] = true,
            },
        [1] = { [2000] = "FE.multi_commandpointlimit_desc", --["MenuDIS"] = true,
            },

just edit the numbers I colored in red, don't mess anything else.

save.

Copy the new file into  BSP Ripper\ExtractedFiles\GVMultiMenu_Init.mpak\scripts\datatables
This is to be sure the "multiglobals" 2 files in GVMainMenu and GVMultiMenu_Init remain identical after edit.

recompile the two files with BSPRipper

replace old files with new recompiled files in battlestations pacific/mpak/globals

I highlighted the important procedure.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Also remember to make backups of your mpaks

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
Activity Points: 10280
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

That's right. You can never have to much backup.

Midway and Pacific as Adm2805

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 4172
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Also Notepad++ will be a big help

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

What exactly is Notepad? I saw something about it in Tipsy3000's Midway Modding Guide.

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Not notepad
notepad++
I repeat
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Don't mod if you don't use this, seriously.
It's a text editor with lua coding arranging capacities and tabs feature.
If you don't use this you really deserve to spend the time you'll be loosing by not using it. Period.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Ok. I'm not a computer person much like you guys, so I don't really catch on to that kind of stuff.

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

That why I think Axis is right to talk about notepad++.
People way not know this software, so that's why I'm so categoric about the use of this program, so if you haven't hard of it, now I'm telling people who is interested in modding :
Not using notepad++ = "you're doing it wrong, try again."
Using notepad++ (or another software working like it I may not know) = "good job, now get back to work."

And if you think this kind of stuff makes us computer persons, it's hopeful you haven't saw yet posts from the midway modding team tech modders ><

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Oomperial wrote:

It's a text editor with lua coding arranging capacities and tabs feature.

Would you mind explaining a little more on exactly how this works and how to use it for modding?

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Okay from now I'm going into simple mode so 'ill be talking to anyone who could see this post, not especially to you Adm2805, so don't feel insulted.

Random text editor :
10.000 lines of code
- unfolded
- uncategorized
- black and white police, and each file in a different window.
Good job hurting your brain. You better not come and hurt mine with your questions. DUH

notepad++ :
10.000 lines of code
-folded into 200 so you can scroll where you need easily, and just open what you need in the file
- with each entry easily sorted out whit color schematics
- possibility to mark important stuff with all files in a single window in different tabs so your head doesn't explode for being a complete moron.
Good, you can start to be productive, files look simplier and edits have never been so easy.

For info the file stating stats about units is +19.000 lines and a common map file is +50.000 so if you really feel to use something else than the proper tool I suggest you to use, you shouldn't even be modding. How do you think Axis_crusher is doing his fine maps and me doing all of my crap ? By wasting our time on kilometers long files ? WRONG

While we're on the subject !
Texture made in paint = wrong, why are you even trying ?
Texture made in a proper photo editing software, free or not = good, you're heading somewhere !

I know some pro guys think ph$t$sh$p is the only one on the market, but if you want a noob tip from a noob like me, you would be wasting your time; if you never used a true photo editor, make your first tries on a (really) free one, they will be simpler to use so you won't have a tool you don't know how to use. I used paint.net from the beginning and look at my work : http://battlestations.eu/index.php/fr/f … pic?id=874 . No need of photoshop to be that bad.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

To make things simple always modded using regular Norepad... took me over a week and many crashes to edit a map. Since I got Notepad++ a month ago I can make a new map (forget about editiong one) in 2 days!! It literally arranges all the code according to it's beginning and end. You can literally expand or hide entire sections of codes and dots link the beginning and end of code so you can easile see where an "end", "'", "}" or ")" needs to be added. It will change your life

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/644/mini_Notepad.jpghttp://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/644/mini_Notepadplusplus.jpg
Same section of code.... 2 different programs.... looks speak for themselves

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Look at the scroll bar people, LOOK AT IT !
Looks like you did better than me in One line and 2 pictures than me in X lines of cursing. Well it's also true you experimented it hard way.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Your X lines of cursing still better explains how to mod

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
voledVaH
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 3 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday is today!

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

R4tzer Send PM