Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
My New Textures mod
Re: My New Textures mod
Must be a bunch of hours of work here...Well that's cool I always wanted to play on a 2000" era game...
You know, there is also a function to play the game in dev mode, you don't want to make a mod on it, while you're at this ?
Oh and watch out, you're gonna crash on your first picture :o
Re: My New Textures mod
I2Cold, you asked for a (real) texture how-to tutorial, so here's one:
How to modify a ship's texture :
tools needed :
- Battlestations Pacific
- A photo editor soft of some sort
-In battlestations Pacific, everything is separated into 3 folders of .mpak files in [battlestations pacific\mpak\] :
-Globals, which contains all commons attributes of the game, units stats, gameplay features and interface specificities
-Scenes, which contains all info about the maps of the game.
-Classes, which contains all units of the game.
For unit texture modding, about all what is needed will be in Classes part. By opening the Classes folder, you will quickly see that there are 3 kind of files :
Seems difficult at first approach, but it's easy in fact :
All ground units have a Class_XX.mpak associated containing all info. The number of the XX is the number of the unit. For example Class_59.mpak contains all the info needed for the Yamato-class.
All airplane units have a Class_own_XX.mpak AND a Class_enemy_XX.mpak associated. ( This is because a plane have a different model when you can control it or if you don't have control of the plane.) For example Class_own_150.mpak AND a Class_enemy_150.mpak contains all the info needed for the A6M Zero.
Now that you know that, let's say you want to modify the texture of Takao-class the because it's time for this crappy texture to be teached what's really going on.
Takao class number is 69, so it means that the file associated is Class_69.mpak, find it with BSPRipper, select all the files contained and extract all of this.
Now in your [BSPRipper/extracted files] folder, you should have a class_69 folder. Textures are ALWAYS located in [ExtractedFiles\Class_XX.mpak\models\textures]
You'll see a lot of textures here, this is because all textures for guns, turrets, hatches and the unit itself are reunited here. You can even have the texture of other ships because a part of the ship needs it. It can happen for example for catapults, because catapults don't use a special texture but a part of the ship's texture, and this is why the Takao & Mogami texture I did can look strange on the bridge.
For the Takao itself, the 2 textures needed are takaoshadow.dds and takao_camo_green.dds, if you don't understand yourself how the game use them, well...
- takaoshadow.dds is a black and white texture used to localize shadows.
- takao_camo_green.dds is the color texture of the ship.
Modify all you want to modify on those 2 textures remember to make some saves of the 2 files or the .mpak file.
Now get back in BSPripper, repack the file modified, and get it from [bspripper\NewMPAKs] and replace the one in [battlestations pacific\mpak\Classes]
If you manage to get a crash ingame, you must have removed a file, badly extracted or some dumb thing. I hope you had some save somewhere. If not well I WARNED YOU.
For planes, it's the same stuff except that you'll need to do it for both Class_own_XX.mpak AND a Class_enemy_XX.mpak. Copy and paste the custom texture you made into the other .mpak, repack both and you're done.
One info worth knowing is that you must not relaunch the game after changing a texture so it can work, so (with a good enough computer)you can just have the game in background and modify your stuff step by step.
How to modify a ship's texture :
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post