Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

New suggestion for Battlestations

New suggestion for Battlestations

I was thinking to do a remake of this site. Basicly

[*]A New Site Theme
    [*]A New Site Name
    [*]A New YouTube Channel
    [*]A Facebook/Twitter page
    [*]Forum using Invasion Power Board
    [*]New Ranks.
    [*]New Badges.

Let's start this all over again so we can become more interesting and do everything properly. because this site theme is very old and quite frankly boring.I'm not sure but i think that will attract people in joining the site and get more people to play Battlestations Midway / Battlestations Pacific.

Thanks and goodbye.

i2Cold
Commander
Activity Points: 1532
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: New suggestion for Battlestations

You better take up this with the admins. They probably won't like this. We can still implement spam security (maybe) and a YouTube channel. We already have a facebook.

Midway and Pacific as Adm2805

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 4172
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Fine i think it's too much just a new theme perhaps? and a youtube channel that i will create. i would like to do something here.

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

Maybe I could do the channel. Depends on who is the better video maker.

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Hmm I'm not good at anything not modding not video editing not graphics making. nothing

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

I got an idea. you do BsM i do BSP =)

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

Well, I am ok at those things. If any of you are better at those things than me, just say so.

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Why don't you take care of Battlestations Midway and I take care of battlestations Pacific? I already got a channel called PacificModders you make channel called MidwayModders.

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

i2Cold wrote:

[*]A New Site Theme

What do you propose ?

i2Cold wrote:

[*]A New Site Name

Well the url name of the site/forum is quite clear, why change it ?

i2Cold wrote:

[*]A New YouTube Channel

For what ? I mean there are private channels for each person who want to upload their work/stuff, maybe have a topic with all youtube channels reunited would be better than this.

i2Cold wrote:

[*]A Facebook/Twitter page

ditto with Adm2805

i2Cold wrote:

[*]Forum using Invasion Power Board

Wazzat ? Can you explain ?

i2Cold wrote:

[*]New Ranks.

well ranks are just for the guys who post the most so the more you post, the more you are serious business, which has no sens to me. I'd prefer a reputation system for each post for a forum account. For example all people unhappy by the crap I tell in the shoutbox topic could have negative rep me for being such a bad poster ah

i2Cold wrote:

[*]New Badges.

Again, are people really interested in this ? I mean you join the forum to have shiny ranks & badges ? No it is content, game news and a living community that makes a good forum. See the shoutbox, I just have to make one bad post and I get half of the forum on my back in less than an hour, well it means that I'm bad at internet, but also means the forum is much more active that it some months ago. we're still gtting more people active eventually even if the 2 games begins to show their oldiness and the almost-certitude we have that those are the only one we'll have.

Well whatever if someone wants to change the forum design, I'm not against but I'm not the forum owner, so it's not me who decides :]

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Most of these ideas have no real purpose. The site is fine as it is.

Adm2805
Battlestations Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
735 Posts
User info in posts

Hmm it's gonna be tough to understand that its not always about you? It's mostly for the customers that join this site expecting something from us. If you ask me the look of the site is very important. That's my opinion.

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

I, for one, have no problem with your suggestions and I think maybe you're right (for once, lol), the site may need a facelift, I mean more than 50% of the forum is unused and will maybe never be used...As an admin I never navigate with the forum view because there is something like 40 forum sections in total (not kidding) and I don't count the subsections.

For the sober theme with a battlestations screenshot as a background, I think it's pretty good, and it's changed sometimes so it isn't always the same thing (this sentence is so clever...)

So, I2Cold, what do you propose exactly ?

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

I Will see what i will do but im not gonna let battlestations series die. no way.

i2Cold
Commander
ranks
useravatar
211 Posts
User info in posts

I follow Oomperial with most of what he sais.

Though we could use a unified YouTube account to post all vids of new maps (and maybe re-post the old ones).
We also need to advertise more for our facebook and YouTube account, right now Midway Modders has only 19 likes, that's by far not enough.
We could use a wider variety of screenshots in the background, maybe let them alternate.

For the rest everything seems fine to me.

Xfire: thyske
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y

M0n3y
God.
Activity Points: 1943
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

what is this crap? twitter? facebook? this is a site that caters to a niche crowd of a niche game that was never massively popular that is now several years old. youll never have large numbers of people interested as on day one.

We dont need this social media crap for modding of a game, those who know the game will seek the mods out, not like there is many other places to get mods for this game to begin with.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM