Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Answer my question please
Answer my question please
Right, erm, my point previously was that if you want to bring people together to work on a project you need to have a concept, preferably a well detailed one. Stating "Mixing Silent hunter 5 graphics with Battlestations gameplay would be pretty awesome" is extremely vague: basically everyone has a different interpretation of what that means. If people are to work together, they need to be on the same page, which means there need to be clearly stated goals; what is the game about? What are its major features? What mechanics will be in place? Target audience? Where will the balance between abstraction and realism lie? Distribution model? It goes on.
Also... doing something just because it would be awesome is not proper motivation. It works if you want to get a group together for an afternoon of shooting eachother with little paint capsules, but for a long term investment of time and/or money like game development people require more. Which leads back to the first point: a well detailed concept provides something someone can put some faith in, some level of reasurance the project will come to fruition and sell to/be accepted by an audience."
^^ can anyone answer those?
Re: Answer my question please
No wonder I couldn't understand anything about what you were talking about, Mr Hyde.
Get back to subsim.com, and tell Arclight lost his post here ><
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpos … stcount=19
Also, he is pretty right, and the other on the topic too, I mod for fun, not for the glory/final result.
With the fact that without more info about the BSP engine, proper model importation is nearly impossible is boring me out of modding BSP.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post