Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Iwo Jima Map
Iwo Jima Map
Ok. Guys, I've come with a plan to make a map for BSM... A big one.
I know we already have 2 packs, and our community must be about 200 people big,
or something like that. Also, we're in 2013, so everything in this game shouts
"DEAD", but we still play in GameRanger and some other services, so maybe it's
worth the effort.
I know how to mod, but for the size and complexity of this map, I'd need help.
I know IJ was mainly a land battle, but extensive air battles for the air superiority
and shelling before the attack occured. Also, after a lot of research I know exactly which task forces
and which ships were in the battle... So here we go.
I think the entire battle could go in two steps: the shelling and the landing.
The US would have the four task groups, the seven battleships and the lot of carriers,
cruisers and destroyers they really had. Now, that's a LOT of ships, and a lot of planes,
so against it the IJN will be equipped with many planes. I mean, a fucking SHITLOAD of planes.
IJ had 7 airstrips, so these airstrips can have 4 hangars each, and each player controls 4
hangars (two in each airstrip).
Also, a lot of shipyards.
In addition to that, the island's beaches will be full of heavy fortresses (MANY HEAVY fortresses, in many levels,
with huge guns and long range) and absolutely covered by AA guns. Those defences must be extremely extensive
and powerful, since they are the only thing against the landing boats and shelling battleships.
The US must destroy those defences before sending the boats, or they'll be sunken. The air supperiority
is absolutely japanese, to keep balance (even if we have to give only 2 squads for each carrier or something
like that) so the battleships will be in a rush to do the shelling before the torpedoes
overcome their air defences.
You guys got the idea. Now here comes the problems.
1-Is it posible to work with transports and LSTs in MP? Not sure about the LSTs.
2-Is it possible to work with LCVPs in MP? Most important part. How does it work? If the
transports can't spawn LCVPs, they can be spawned near the transports, giving some
of the possible realism.
3-How is the transport/landing thingy made in MP?
4-The team balance will be a real problem. The task forces were truly huge, so the japanese
airpower must be BIG, and the coastal guns, strong.
5-Would it be possible to simulate land advances? Maybe programmed (or controlable) props (even though
I don't thing controllable would be possible), represdenting the USMC? I've seen some of them in the second
campaign mission, and they were destroyable. I know props can fight back, but if we can do props fight props,
we can program a true land battle, with the random factor (crew experiences) and american superiority to ensure
the victory (as long as they can LAND and PROTECT the marines!)
6-People. Lots of it. People to help me with it and people to play it!
I need help with the heightmaps, scripts, unit placement, whatever you can think of.
Together we could make a map Eidos would be jealous of
--Iwo Jima US Forces--
Task Group 58.1, Rear Admiral Joseph J. Clark
Hornet (Essex Class)
Wasp (Essex Class)
Bennington (Essex Class)
Belleau Wood (Independence Class)
Massachusetts (South Dakota Class)
Indiana (Indiana Class)
Vincennes (Cleveland Class)
Miami (Cleveland Class)
San Juan (Atlanta Class)
Task Group 58.2, Rear Admiral Ralph E. Davison
San Jacinto (Independence Class)
Task Group 58.3, Rear Admiral Frederick C. Sherman
Essex (Essex Class)
Cowpens (Independence Class)
Task Group 58.4, Rear Admiral Arthur W. Radford
Langley (Independence Class)
Cabot (Independence Class)
Re: Iwo Jima Map
It is not a bad concept at all. For my mod I already made the MP map Iwo Jima
Basically the US fleet has a few BB, DD, CA and CL with the support of four CVE launching Corsairs. The Japanese have the airfields, shipyards and very heavy land based artillery. The Japanese must destroy the Battleships while the US has to destroy all Iwo's land based defenses (heavy flak guns as well as 16" land based batteries)
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post