Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Help in the following areas!!

Help in the following areas!!

Dear everybody in the BSP and BSM community,
I am seeking help in the flowing areas!! We may not have the answer now. We have friends. In return, our friends can ask their friends to solve these issues if possible. (smile) We can do this. I am not able to address theses issues now and will not ignore others for help! Your input would be greatly appreciated.
How to create chimney smoke for new ship?
How to get the propellers moving for a new ships?
How to get the propellers moving for new airplanes?
How to get the bay doors for new bombers to open?
In BSP, Yorktown class is an example:
["ArmorIndexes"] =
        {
            [1] = 90,
            [2] = 135,
            [3] = 135,
            [4] = 90,
            [5] = 90,
            [6] = 180,
            [7] = 90,
            [8] = 95,
            [9] = 90,
What is these values mean? 

If we don't have the answers, then let us place them in the back burner. Also, if we have already answered these topics before in these forums, do forgive me.  These question are important: so, why not ask!!
That is all!! Take care always, Bushidocode.

bushidocode
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 915
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Help in the following areas!!

I think those are the armor values for the different parts of the ship. There is something about smoke and bomb bay doors in vehicleclasses.lua but I have never done anything with those so I don't know what they do. I would think you have to edit the mmod but I'm not an expert on that.

commander1234
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 954
ranks
useravatar
149 Posts
User info in posts

["ArmorIndexes"] =
        {
            [1] = 90,
            [2] = 135,
            [3] = 135,
            [4] = 90,
            [5] = 90,
            [6] = 180,
            [7] = 90,
            [8] = 95,
            [9] = 90,

It's exactly like commander1234 said, it's different armor values for different parts of the ship. The description of how it works can be found in the BSM vehiculeclasses file.

"How to create chimney smoke for new ship?
How to get the propellers moving for a new ships? "

All info is located in the .mmod file of the ship. Chimneys are a common entity like sailors that can be placed and moved freely.
Propellers are models on their own included in the mmod. For them to move, you need to give them an entry like the sailors, the chimneys and the flags have.

The small .txt given with the mmod editor explains quickly how you can find these infos.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
Activity Points: 2405
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Reply Commander and Oomperial: Thank you so mush for the quick responses. Now we can focus on aircraft one issues at a time.  Three pieces of the BSP puzzle are solved in less than a day. Your feed back was vital for us to continue forward with progress!! Have a great night, sleep tight, and every dream just right! With a warm smile, Bushidocode.

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

"Three pieces of the BSP puzzle are solved in less than a day."

I don't want to burst your bubble, but these problems were solved more than 2 years ago >< it's not like it was vital or anything, it's juste casual info that can be found if you dig a little bit in th files with the appropriate tools.

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Reply Oomperial: (smile) Thank for your information because people wanted to know. I had no answer then or now. I am not fully caught up to par with all progress.... forgive me. ac I am very sure that requesters are pleased with your answers. Take care always, Bushidocode.

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

About the armor values, there is one more under those and it seems to override the rest so if you want to give a ship tons of armor or none you can just change that one.

commander1234
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 954
ranks
useravatar
149 Posts
User info in posts

Reply commander1234: Hello. Thank you for your input. I have to study this much closer and test these armor values in naval academy. Also, an update, with planes and bombers, after working on unorganized files, I noticed that in vechicleclasses, planes have codes for (landing) gears and bay doors (as for true and false). Thought I share these leads before I close. Anyway, that is all. Take care always, Bushidocode.

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Just saying, in the complete mod, I already changed all of the game's armor ratings to match the realistic ones. But I messed somewhere and I bugged a japanese map (oops)

That and the pseudo realistic values for the weapon (range divided by ten, penetration, and damage value set on caliber and weight of the shells). I think the game is really fun with that !

Oomperial
Great Khan of Pacific
ranks
useravatar
347 Posts
User info in posts

Reply Oomperial: Thank you for your input. Oh my!!! I forgot to examine the details of completemod.... still on games' structure. (hahahaha)  Smile - I think would be wise to study the work given before I start popping put questions, huh? Gee wiz! (hahahhah)
Anyhow, I appreciate your information and well noted!! Very good!! Your insight is a blessing!!  We got to keep studying and of course, ask for help from others to keep us on track!!! (haahhhaha!)
Take care always from stress and pressure, Bushidocode.

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

In GVMainMain.mpak/missiontree/pg32, there is some code worth looking at..... when you got time.
    },
                --[[{
                    ["id"] = "USN001",
                    ["name"] = "BSJ VISUAL FEATURE TEST",
                    ["helpline"] = "HELPLINE",
                    ["debriefingText"] = "",
                    ["sceneFile"] = "universe/Scenes/missions/USN/prototype_test.scn",
                    ["date"] = { 1942, 09, 08, },
                    ["prerequisites"] = {},
                    ["description"] = "Experience a sample of BSJ's visuals. Inside you'll find a new, more detailed and see-through water, new weapons and new levels of destruction.",
                    ["picture"frontend/fe_missionfoto_am01.tga",
                    ["forcedDifficultyLevel"] = nil,
                    ["allied"] = {
                        ["briefingGuiLayer"] = "Visual",
                        ["primaryObjectives"] = {
                            "am1.obj_p1",
                        },
                        ["secondaryObjectives"] = {
                        },
--                        ["loadingBackgrounds"] = {
--                            "frontend/fe_missionfoto_am01.tga",
--                            "frontend/fe_missionfoto_am1_2.tga",
--                            "frontend/fe_missionfoto_am1_3.tga",
--                        },
                        ["hints"] = {
                            "am1.hint_1",
                            "am1.hint_2",
                            "am1.hint_4",
                            "am1.hint_5",
                            "am1.hint_3",
                        },
                    },
                },]]--
            },
        },

Take care always, bushidocode

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Everyone! We are a fan of the AR 196 from the complete mod.  To date, unless do a code override, this plane can only be launched on a German ship.  Also, we like the idea of adding FIXED torpedoes tubes on the Alaska next to the seaplanes launching cranes since there is a gap in the middle. What do you think?  ab ad

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Hello everyone!! Since we are on the subject of money, why don't we help ourselves.........How?????????????????????? Would you buy something for 2 dollars and make a return of 40 dollars legally? Interested. We train young individuals as we have been told and told!! (hahhahhahaha)  Well, Are you attending any school? Then why not join forces with autodesk - 3dmax developer? How? Well, get yourself a Entertainment creation suite 2013 online for less than 90.00, retailed right now at shop autodesk for 4,000.00. So, do the math. Also do your homework and research what format you desire - our is XP because that is when the game came out.
Success in at your finger tips. So, please don't blame him or her for their success.  Okay. Peace in your hearts will guide you to the right path!! With love here and abroad, take care always, your samurai of the code, bushidocode!!

Believe in each others' gifts.... then we can achieve the impossible!!

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Update to Forum: Hello Everyone!! A sincere thanks to the Russias' work from acentri & aclair for the mpkg file and among others things from SurgeonSasha too. ab  With the mpkg, we are able to get the icebergs that we needed for the search of the Bismark mission part 1 of the battle of the Norway Strait battle. We are asking from the international community if anyone is interested by testing the weather in MultiMenu/datatables/weather: There you will find multiweather _test scn. blocked in the game by: --[[  and ends at --]]  We are looking for the following weather conditions: The dark map's scene turned into light gray with clouds for overcast.......(with  light snow - eventually) and another map without ligth snow.  Also another map scene needs indense fog. Thank you for the opportunity to share our endvours with our fans of BSP, making Battlestation Altantic possible - The BSP fan developers for the future!! Peace to everyone everywhere. Your samuari of the code, Bushidocode. ab ad

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Hello everyone!!  Asking someone to open island mmod for me. Have we ever tried to attempt this?  Can we?  If he or she would be kind enough can do this, would be greatly appreciated. Mmod files are not my area ......yet. Please I am not seeking the mmod file to do such work. Lastly, this knowledge is  vital for the map editor for both BSM and BSP.  Thank you for your time. Take care always. Your Samurai of the code, Bushidocode

bushidocode
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
132 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
kelly0947
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 4 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts