Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Controllers tips and expert advice
Controllers tips and expert advice
For many years, I have played BSP with many deadly secrets. Since maps are going to be harder, I like to shared them with you.
First, the controller - Xbox 360 wireless for PC. Download patch under gaming from Microsoft. Also you need a USB wireless Microsoft receiver that send signals to the Xbox 360 wireless PC controller.
My tactics and Strategies.
Conquer then destroy later,
Use Japan Tabbies / US sky trains in the beginning of the game - fast. Very important when flying to capture a supply base, cruise in game mode. DO not touch or move the plane. When you approach an supply base, for example, with a troop transport plane at .07 distance, the FIRST set of troops will drop. Immediately clear this AI dropped command with back space; so that the other two sets of transport troop planes DO NOT DROP. Strike the view map button, usually Tab, direct the planes to another drop. You have just captured one supply base with two troops on reserve.
Use US TBMS with tiny tins: You can destroy two supply bases with one single pass by if two supply bases are next to each other.. Allow to explain. Cruise, allowing the game do the work, at the first target until the others two planes use AI (artificial intelligence) to strike at no more than .03 distance. Since you did not fire your own tiny tin, you can approach the second nearby base and destroy it. We called this double whammy.
NOTE: As the rule of thumb, you can capture a supply base with one troop transport plane. With two troop transport planes, you can neutralize an enemy supply base.
For new single maps, the enemy's AI will try to stop you from capturing neutralized bases with automatic fire, armor piercing shells, and etc. Less stress means more fun for you while playing. I hope that these tips help in the future.
Take care always, Bushidocode.
Re: Controllers tips and expert advice
Another tip to share to everyone,
Let us say, you have no seaplanes or planes equipped with depth chargers. An enemy wolf pack - subs - are approaching your base as a blockade. Another problem: you have no destroyers or patrol torpedo (PT) at port. However, you have CAs or BBs. At the shipyard, pawn the ships of your choice. Quickly, on each ship, two battleships or cruisers, launch seaplanes by pressing "control" button on the computer's keyboard. Order them (two seaplanes) to attack one sub at a time. Now, with the battleships or cruisers, decommissioned them (the ships) by pressing the button "C" - first and hold and then press "D" - the money sign. Now you can stop the blockade without any damage to your ships. Conserve your resources and achieve victory after victory. Hope this helps. Your samurai of the code, bushidocode!!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Total Posts Today:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post