Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Controllers tips and expert advice
Controllers tips and expert advice
For many years, I have played BSP with many deadly secrets. Since maps are going to be harder, I like to shared them with you.
First, the controller - Xbox 360 wireless for PC. Download patch under gaming from Microsoft. Also you need a USB wireless Microsoft receiver that send signals to the Xbox 360 wireless PC controller.
My tactics and Strategies.
Conquer then destroy later,
Use Japan Tabbies / US sky trains in the beginning of the game - fast. Very important when flying to capture a supply base, cruise in game mode. DO not touch or move the plane. When you approach an supply base, for example, with a troop transport plane at .07 distance, the FIRST set of troops will drop. Immediately clear this AI dropped command with back space; so that the other two sets of transport troop planes DO NOT DROP. Strike the view map button, usually Tab, direct the planes to another drop. You have just captured one supply base with two troops on reserve.
Use US TBMS with tiny tins: You can destroy two supply bases with one single pass by if two supply bases are next to each other.. Allow to explain. Cruise, allowing the game do the work, at the first target until the others two planes use AI (artificial intelligence) to strike at no more than .03 distance. Since you did not fire your own tiny tin, you can approach the second nearby base and destroy it. We called this double whammy.
NOTE: As the rule of thumb, you can capture a supply base with one troop transport plane. With two troop transport planes, you can neutralize an enemy supply base.
For new single maps, the enemy's AI will try to stop you from capturing neutralized bases with automatic fire, armor piercing shells, and etc. Less stress means more fun for you while playing. I hope that these tips help in the future.
Take care always, Bushidocode.
Re: Controllers tips and expert advice
Another tip to share to everyone,
Let us say, you have no seaplanes or planes equipped with depth chargers. An enemy wolf pack - subs - are approaching your base as a blockade. Another problem: you have no destroyers or patrol torpedo (PT) at port. However, you have CAs or BBs. At the shipyard, pawn the ships of your choice. Quickly, on each ship, two battleships or cruisers, launch seaplanes by pressing "control" button on the computer's keyboard. Order them (two seaplanes) to attack one sub at a time. Now, with the battleships or cruisers, decommissioned them (the ships) by pressing the button "C" - first and hold and then press "D" - the money sign. Now you can stop the blockade without any damage to your ships. Conserve your resources and achieve victory after victory. Hope this helps. Your samurai of the code, bushidocode!!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- New Sticky
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
Only registered users are allowed to post