Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

editing campaign missions

editing campaign missions

could one, say, add ships into a campagn mission that shouldnt be there? for instance, adding the yamato to meeting the germans ab.

darkgloaty
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 238
ranks
useravatar
27 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: editing campaign missions

You can but the game is a little picky about what you change

commander1234
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 954
ranks
useravatar
149 Posts
User info in posts

Yes and thats fairly easy (at least for me) iv edited almost all the campaign missions by changing unit classes and adding carrier on the 2nd us mission for example.

Shazer
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 648
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

i dont suppose you coukd tell me how? ab

darkgloaty
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
27 Posts
User info in posts

Sure, to make this easier for you what mission are you wanting to edit? and what are you trying to do to it? add another ship, change a ship class?

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

meeting the germans. i was thinking of adding the yamato, or if thats to complicated, changing the german sub to it.

darkgloaty
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
27 Posts
User info in posts

challenge accepted. I'll upload it somewhere when I finish

EDIT: here ya go! the german sub is replaced with the yamato. copy+paste the files into your mpak/scenes folder and overwrite. BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILES FIRST!!!!

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/86076361/file.html

commander1234
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 954
ranks
useravatar
149 Posts
User info in posts

Well if commanders going to actually make it for you, heres a brief explanation of how to add another ship to any SP map. NOTE THIS IS A WALL OF TEXT and ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR ORIGNAL FILES.

Spoiler Show Spoiler Hide Spoiler
 For this example im going to use mission 2 of the USA campaign.
First use BSP ripper to extract 1_usn_02SOLO.mpak and 2_usn_02SOLO.mpak.
Next click open folder on BSP ripper and pick either 1_usn_02SOLO.mpak or 2_usn_02SOLO.mpak folder (generally in C:\Program Files (x86)\BSP Ripper\ExtractedFiles\2_usn_02SOLO.mpak) ((or  C:\Program Files\BSP Ripper\ExtractedFiles\2_usn_02SOLO.mpak for 32bit OS)).

For this ill pick 2_usn_02SOLO.mpak

Now go into the folder 2_usn_02SOLO.mpak\universe\scenes\missions\usn and open the SCN file with notepad. NOT the one that says .nav at the end.

Once thats open do CTRL+F and search for either the name of the player unit that the mission starts with or any player unit you know that is at the start of a mission (or if your adding a new enemy find an enemy unit you know of) In this example search for "San Francisco" and you should see this:

While im being lazy ill show you how to change a unit to a different ship.

entity "San Francisco" (DestroyerGen) {
  localframe -0.5299 -0.0010 0.8480 0.0000 0.0014 1.0000 0.0021 0.0000 -0.8480 0.0023 -0.5299 0.0000 6362.5210 -0.0197 5703.7764 1.0000 ;
  template "USA\SEA\South Dakota class" ;

properties (Common, Command, GameUnit, Ship)  {
    "CamoColorGun" {
    }
    "Command" {
      Command = E CommandType : Cruise  ;
      CommandTarget = R "" ;
    }
    FireStance = E FireStances : FreeFire  ;
    GuiName = S "ingame.shipnames_san_francisco" ;
    LaunchEquipment = E EquipmentIndex : none  ;
    "MultiType" {
    }
    Numbering = I 38 ;
    Race = E Races : USA  ;
    RepairZoneArea = RPath "" ;
    SceneGroupNum = I 14 ;
    Skill = E SkillLevels : Stun  ;
    StartSpeed = F 14.0000 ;
    Type = E ShipClasses : South Dakota  ;
  }
}

Note: that instead of the default North Hampton cruiser it says South Dakota. The "Type = E ShipClasses : South Dakota" and "USA\SEA\South Dakota class" Are the only two places you need to edit to change the ship type. Just change where it says South Dakota and South Dakota class to whatever the Ship type is, IE you could change it to Fletcher and Fletcher class to change the San Fran into a Fletcher destroyer. So it would look like this

entity "San Francisco" (DestroyerGen) {
  localframe -0.5299 -0.0010 0.8480 0.0000 0.0014 1.0000 0.0021 0.0000 -0.8480 0.0023 -0.5299 0.0000 6362.5210 -0.0197 5703.7764 1.0000 ;
  template "USA\SEA\Fletcher class" ;

properties (Common, Command, GameUnit, Ship)  {
    "CamoColorGun" {
    }
    "Command" {
      Command = E CommandType : Cruise  ;
      CommandTarget = R "" ;
    }
    FireStance = E FireStances : FreeFire  ;
    GuiName = S "ingame.shipnames_san_francisco" ;
    LaunchEquipment = E EquipmentIndex : none  ;
    "MultiType" {
    }
    Numbering = I 38 ;
    Race = E Races : USA  ;
    RepairZoneArea = RPath "" ;
    SceneGroupNum = I 14 ;
    Skill = E SkillLevels : Stun  ;
    StartSpeed = F 14.0000 ;
    Type = E ShipClasses : Fletcher  ;
  }
}

NOTE: ALL ships aside from Submarines and Aircraft Carriers use DestroyerGen

If you wanted to change it to say a sub you also need to change this bit here: entity "San Francisco" (DestroyerGen) { to entity "San Francisco" (SubmarineGen) { (I believe thats what you change it to. to be sure open an mpak from a sub mission and look at that entry to see if it says SubGen or SubmarineGen. I do believe however its Submarine.

NOTE: ALL ships aside from Submarines and Aircraft Carriers use DestroyerGen. Also I HIGHLY recommend not changing the ship name if your changing a pre-existing unit to something new iv had the game crash on me doing that. This is from my experience may or may not be true for you. However feel free to name any new unit whatever you'd like (to change the name change this entity "San Francisco" (DestroyerGen) { to entity "Name here" (DestroyerGen) {.

Now if your adding a brand new unit to the mission copy and paste the San Fran entry and change it the above entries to whatever ship you want it to be OR go into the mission of said ship you want and copy and paste its whole entry into the mission you want it to be in and paste it under any playership for simplicity's sake.

Now there is a problem if you would save it pack it and test it. It would spawn somewhere you dont want to it so now you need to address that before you can save it. take this line from the new unit you just added:
localframe -0.5448 -0.0026 0.8386 0.0000 0.0014 1.0000 0.0040 0.0000 -0.8386 0.0033 -0.5448 0.0000 5546.7090 -0.3910 4673.3809 1.0000 ;
and delete it then replace it from any other playership (as you'll know where it spawns) so lets take it from the San Fran.

Now edit the last two digit sets at the end. Otherwise the ships will spawn ontop of eachother and blowup or crash the game. (iv experianced both)

SO change it from this 6362.5210 -0.0197 5703.7764 1.0000 ; to lets say  5762.5210 -0.0197 6203.7764 1.0000 ; (If memory serves right the 5762.5210 -0.0197 is the X axis and 6203.7764 1.0000 is the Y (think of it as a grid)

To make it easy any changes here should be made withen at least a 400 differance is space from the orignal location to make it easy untill you know what your doing. This will spawn it near the default player ships and be in very close proximity.

Now just save it, and copy and paste the SCN file into the other mpak folder. In this case 1_usn_02SOLO.mpak and overwrite the SCN file in that mpak in this location:
1_usn_02SOLO.mpak\universe\scenes\missions\usn

Now go to BSP ripper, select either 1_usn_02SOLO.mpak or 2_usn_02SOLO.mpak folder make sure "AUTO-ADD new files to MPAK-STOC" is checked along with force compression of all files and then click pack new.mpak. Once its done select the other mpak folder and do the same. Once thats done click open folder next to the new mpak button and copy both of them and paste them here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlestations Pacific\mpak\scenes
Note: Since im using the steam version the non-steam version should be here or something like it C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidios\Battlestations Pacific\mpak\scenes.

Now your done, go test it and have fun with your new unit!
Sorry for any confusion was doing this on a whine without actually testing it or anything, This is the method iv used and works 99% of the time. Also if im not aloud to post "instructions" my apologies

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

delete this

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

delete this

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

I got a 505 error when I posted these and didint realize it actually posted so sorry for 5 or so posts (cant delete my own posts which suck)

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

Delete this

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

thank you so much! i can test it later, but heres hoping it works. (not that i doubt you, but so far my experience has been that things dont tend to work ab )

darkgloaty
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
27 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks man!

darkgloaty
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
27 Posts
User info in posts

Your welcome If it doesnt work just let me know and ill actually do it myself that your trying to do and show you exactly what you need to do to make it work.

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
angela0325
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 23 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM