Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
BSP Map Development and Planning
BSP Map Development and Planning
Happy New Year from all us - the development team.
Bushidocode is away and can't make a statement on our current progress.
Our main objective and concern this year is map planning and development.
Currently, we are upgrading computers with software (CS6 extended) and hardware (RAM, and SSDs). Time is needed to get setup and familiarize with such new upgrades.
We have focused on the areas most needed in maps development, not to go over board on expenses. Since 12/23/13, I have not done any editing yet on the new maps but only map inspections for reviewing errors and clichés and game play mode.
As requested, we have downloaded some pictures from last week's map inspection.
Please help fellow players on the forums because we are reading such material but can't offer our assistance. We will look into the source code that override unlocks for US and Japan campaigns in GVMainMenu.mpak. Also, we are looking into the source codes for huge map interface selection from large to huge.
Have a great year...... Be patient with us, He 219 Uhu
Re: BSP Map Development and Planning
Hello, Fans of BSP and BSM,
Those pictures are from the huge maps, which are from the developers. Thank you for Co6alt for his insight, Oomperial's complete mod, and the developers of the huge maps whom allow us to receive. Public release TBA when the guide for new units implantation into the game. Best wishes from us, our fans!!
Re: BSP Map Development and Planning
We are proud to announce the release of Huge maps 1.25 (GFWL) and 1.50 (offline) from He 219 Uhu eagle owl. Please note: May required game disk to run. Both are 7g and 6.5 file size. This work includes Complete Mod by Oomperial"s. This is uncut version from the developers' only...... our work must end.
What to expect from 1.5 (offline version)
Naval supplies on HQ are done - only for single player. Multiplayer not available yet for LAN - will crash (tested)
Disregard - For unit unlocks, GVmainmenu/script/datatables/missiontree. Done
For naval supplies to HQ, Mpak/scene/scn for each map
Must do scene 0, 1 and 2 with note plus ++ on each HQ to complete.
For example 1 scene _ 1 (map - dreadnaught) IC (island Capture) 4 (huge) Remember naval supplies are a great importance to the game. Nice game play for single mode
Map 1 Dreadnaught
Originally, there should be 27 bases in all but two are left out. leaving with 25. Supply base 12 overrides HQ 3 and supply base 16 with shipyard overrides HQ 4
Supply base 12 and 16 need to be dropped down to their original setting - far left middle for Japan and far right middle without shipyard for the U.S.
See original map 1 - interface/textures/gui/radarshots: scene4_IC.dds
Head Quarter bases 2 (CB2), 5 (CB 4 override to supply base 16), and 26 (CB12) have supply bases island textures instead of HQ.
HQ 2 and 26 island texture is dreadnought escort small - both HQs are in the water
HQ 3 (Japan side) island texture is large swirl HQ 04
HQ 4 (U.S. side) island texture is large swirl HQ 13
At start, extra base HQ 5 was deleted. Now equal 1vs1 ar start: see download below
Map 2 Swirl
Japan is on top while U.S. is at the bottom in view of the map
Japan begins with HQ 2 DD/LST/PT and 3 airbase and U.S. starts correct with HQ 21 airbase and HQ 23 DD/LST/PT
Now balanced - see download below:
Map 3 Clash
Map 4 Serpent
Note U.S. starts at the bottom of the map, giving U.S. the advantage with extra supply base.
No naval supplies on U.S. HQ 4,5,6
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 10 11, 12
No naval supplies on neutral HQ 8
Huge maps 5 Spine
Start: No objective tracker or introduction menu - means the game will never end
US starts at HQ 1 and Japan begins at HQ 16 is now corrected - see download below:
No naval supplies on US HQ 1,2,3,
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 11, 12, 13 ,14
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 7
Map 6 Jaws
No naval supplies on US HQ 2,3,7, and 11
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 8, 12, 14, 15
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 16
Map 7 Status Quo
No naval supplies on US HQ 1,6,7, and 14
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 5, 10, 13, 17
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 9
Map 8 Coral
Note U.S. Carriers need to be moved because they are not directly south west corner of map like Japan - north east, giving U.S. a slight advantage.
Here is the link for Huge maps 1.5 (offline) upgraded
https://mega.co.nz/#!NNxC2JSZ!K7ww-YfVW … U_wAk7_pUs
Huge 1.25 (online version with GFWL)
https://mega.co.nz/#!JAJGCTaI!gyrkT1I2v … HYyYC5O-s8
Units unlocks now available for huge maps (replace old GVMainMenu.mapk)
https://mega.co.nz/#!tRYGyaiI!Stu_CKmAX … 8YmsFWF5Zk
Unable to convert Huge Map Mod HHM 1.5 to GFWL. Sorry for the inconvenience. Well, not yet.
I will work on the unit unlocks for all huge maps this week. Completed as of 10/20/14
Next week, I will study what naval supplies for each HQ strategically in each huge map and add those naval supplies accordingly. Completed but use only for single player.....do not use for Lan play. Need time to convert to mutliplayer mode.
That is all, your samurai of the code, bushidocode.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post