Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
BSP Map Development and Planning
BSP Map Development and Planning
Happy New Year from all us - the development team.
Bushidocode is away and can't make a statement on our current progress.
Our main objective and concern this year is map planning and development.
Currently, we are upgrading computers with software (CS6 extended) and hardware (RAM, and SSDs). Time is needed to get setup and familiarize with such new upgrades.
We have focused on the areas most needed in maps development, not to go over board on expenses. Since 12/23/13, I have not done any editing yet on the new maps but only map inspections for reviewing errors and clichés and game play mode.
As requested, we have downloaded some pictures from last week's map inspection.
Please help fellow players on the forums because we are reading such material but can't offer our assistance. We will look into the source code that override unlocks for US and Japan campaigns in GVMainMenu.mpak. Also, we are looking into the source codes for huge map interface selection from large to huge.
Have a great year...... Be patient with us, He 219 Uhu
Re: BSP Map Development and Planning
Hello, Fans of BSP and BSM,
Those pictures are from the huge maps, which are from the developers. Thank you for Co6alt for his insight, Oomperial's complete mod, and the developers of the huge maps whom allow us to receive. Public release TBA when the guide for new units implantation into the game. Best wishes from us, our fans!!
Re: BSP Map Development and Planning
We are proud to announce the release of Huge maps 1.25 (GFWL) and 1.50 (offline) from He 219 Uhu eagle owl. Please note: May required game disk to run. Both are 7g and 6.5 file size. This work includes Complete Mod by Oomperial"s. This is uncut version from the developers' only...... our work must end.
What to expect from 1.5 (offline version)
Naval supplies on HQ are done - only for single player. Multiplayer not available yet for LAN - will crash (tested)
Disregard - For unit unlocks, GVmainmenu/script/datatables/missiontree. Done
For naval supplies to HQ, Mpak/scene/scn for each map
Must do scene 0, 1 and 2 with note plus ++ on each HQ to complete.
For example 1 scene _ 1 (map - dreadnaught) IC (island Capture) 4 (huge) Remember naval supplies are a great importance to the game. Nice game play for single mode
Map 1 Dreadnaught
Originally, there should be 27 bases in all but two are left out. leaving with 25. Supply base 12 overrides HQ 3 and supply base 16 with shipyard overrides HQ 4
Supply base 12 and 16 need to be dropped down to their original setting - far left middle for Japan and far right middle without shipyard for the U.S.
See original map 1 - interface/textures/gui/radarshots: scene4_IC.dds
Head Quarter bases 2 (CB2), 5 (CB 4 override to supply base 16), and 26 (CB12) have supply bases island textures instead of HQ.
HQ 2 and 26 island texture is dreadnought escort small - both HQs are in the water
HQ 3 (Japan side) island texture is large swirl HQ 04
HQ 4 (U.S. side) island texture is large swirl HQ 13
At start, extra base HQ 5 was deleted. Now equal 1vs1 ar start: see download below
Map 2 Swirl
Japan is on top while U.S. is at the bottom in view of the map
Japan begins with HQ 2 DD/LST/PT and 3 airbase and U.S. starts correct with HQ 21 airbase and HQ 23 DD/LST/PT
Now balanced - see download below:
Map 3 Clash
Map 4 Serpent
Note U.S. starts at the bottom of the map, giving U.S. the advantage with extra supply base.
No naval supplies on U.S. HQ 4,5,6
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 10 11, 12
No naval supplies on neutral HQ 8
Huge maps 5 Spine
Start: No objective tracker or introduction menu - means the game will never end
US starts at HQ 1 and Japan begins at HQ 16 is now corrected - see download below:
No naval supplies on US HQ 1,2,3,
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 11, 12, 13 ,14
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 7
Map 6 Jaws
No naval supplies on US HQ 2,3,7, and 11
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 8, 12, 14, 15
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 16
Map 7 Status Quo
No naval supplies on US HQ 1,6,7, and 14
No naval supplies on Japan HQ 5, 10, 13, 17
No naval supplies on Neutral HQ 9
Map 8 Coral
Note U.S. Carriers need to be moved because they are not directly south west corner of map like Japan - north east, giving U.S. a slight advantage.
Here is the link for Huge maps 1.5 (offline) upgraded
https://mega.co.nz/#!NNxC2JSZ!K7ww-YfVW … U_wAk7_pUs
Huge 1.25 (online version with GFWL)
https://mega.co.nz/#!JAJGCTaI!gyrkT1I2v … HYyYC5O-s8
Units unlocks now available for huge maps (replace old GVMainMenu.mapk)
https://mega.co.nz/#!tRYGyaiI!Stu_CKmAX … 8YmsFWF5Zk
Unable to convert Huge Map Mod HHM 1.5 to GFWL. Sorry for the inconvenience. Well, not yet.
I will work on the unit unlocks for all huge maps this week. Completed as of 10/20/14
Next week, I will study what naval supplies for each HQ strategically in each huge map and add those naval supplies accordingly. Completed but use only for single player.....do not use for Lan play. Need time to convert to mutliplayer mode.
That is all, your samurai of the code, bushidocode.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post