Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
What are the chances that Eidos/Squeenix will ever feel pity for us few loyal fans of the franchise and release the source codes for the game?
Hell, what are the chances that the source code even still exists? Is the IP totally dead? Is Square Enix just sitting on it like publisher love to do, not even bothering to auction it off to a publisher that would actually care to resurrect the franchise to its former glory, or do they not give a single damn about it and its fans?
I know releasing the source code is like a taboo for some reason, especially with modern AAA devs/games, but just awhile back Revan Software released the full source code for Star Wars Jed Outcast and Jedi Academy so it does rarely happen still.
Maybe if we all make an online petition or something, because those always work, and are never a waste of time.
Okay how 'bout more realistically we at least demand (or beg) for them to at the very least release those 3 DLC's for free? So that the few loyal fans who haven't given up on the game can at least enjoy content that was originally denied to them, or content that they payed for but are now unable to enjoy or access because of the GFWL shutdown that has rendered it inaccessible to people who wish to buy it or to those who already bought it but cannot download it and play it in their game,(me included - Mustang Unit Pack) Hell, that last bit alone is fully justified grounds for torrenting the DLC, of course I wouldn't be posting this in rage if I could have done so already, yes not even torrent sites care enough about this game to upload any of the three DLC's. In fact I'm pretty sure that with the demise of GFWL, those DLC's don't exist anywhere else on the internet except maybe in some forgotten folder on a secure network in Square Enix's servers, wasting away code, long forgotten and abandoned.
This is one of the most die-hard determined modding communities I've ever seen, and our passions for the Battlestations Franchise is so strong because there really are no other naval war games out there like it. The least that Square Enix or Eidos Interactive could do as a gesture of appreciation and acknowledgement of the loyal community that still exists despite the games abandonment long ago is release three damned DLC files that we can no longer even pay for, so we could all enjoy the game just a little bit while longer?
I guess you could consider this an impassioned plea to Square Enix and Eidos Interactive, not like they'll give a crap anyways.
Thanks for making a great franchise Eidos Interactive/Hungary, shame that it had to end so soon, with a whimper.
EDIT: Not sure how this ended up in the Support Forum, it was meant for the General Discussions forum -must have been that sleepless insomnia induced night, I would be really grateful if a mod could move this to that forum, thanks.
Re: In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
GFWL has been a real pain for me. Such as-
"yay I got the DLC files, now I can have the new units and maps" GFWL-"nooooooooooooope"
"I want to play online" GWFL-"noooooooooooooope"
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post