Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
What are the chances that Eidos/Squeenix will ever feel pity for us few loyal fans of the franchise and release the source codes for the game?
Hell, what are the chances that the source code even still exists? Is the IP totally dead? Is Square Enix just sitting on it like publisher love to do, not even bothering to auction it off to a publisher that would actually care to resurrect the franchise to its former glory, or do they not give a single damn about it and its fans?
I know releasing the source code is like a taboo for some reason, especially with modern AAA devs/games, but just awhile back Revan Software released the full source code for Star Wars Jed Outcast and Jedi Academy so it does rarely happen still.
Maybe if we all make an online petition or something, because those always work, and are never a waste of time.
Okay how 'bout more realistically we at least demand (or beg) for them to at the very least release those 3 DLC's for free? So that the few loyal fans who haven't given up on the game can at least enjoy content that was originally denied to them, or content that they payed for but are now unable to enjoy or access because of the GFWL shutdown that has rendered it inaccessible to people who wish to buy it or to those who already bought it but cannot download it and play it in their game,(me included - Mustang Unit Pack) Hell, that last bit alone is fully justified grounds for torrenting the DLC, of course I wouldn't be posting this in rage if I could have done so already, yes not even torrent sites care enough about this game to upload any of the three DLC's. In fact I'm pretty sure that with the demise of GFWL, those DLC's don't exist anywhere else on the internet except maybe in some forgotten folder on a secure network in Square Enix's servers, wasting away code, long forgotten and abandoned.
This is one of the most die-hard determined modding communities I've ever seen, and our passions for the Battlestations Franchise is so strong because there really are no other naval war games out there like it. The least that Square Enix or Eidos Interactive could do as a gesture of appreciation and acknowledgement of the loyal community that still exists despite the games abandonment long ago is release three damned DLC files that we can no longer even pay for, so we could all enjoy the game just a little bit while longer?
I guess you could consider this an impassioned plea to Square Enix and Eidos Interactive, not like they'll give a crap anyways.
Thanks for making a great franchise Eidos Interactive/Hungary, shame that it had to end so soon, with a whimper.
EDIT: Not sure how this ended up in the Support Forum, it was meant for the General Discussions forum -must have been that sleepless insomnia induced night, I would be really grateful if a mod could move this to that forum, thanks.
Re: In light of the end of Eidos Hungary and the Battlestations franchise.
GFWL has been a real pain for me. Such as-
"yay I got the DLC files, now I can have the new units and maps" GFWL-"nooooooooooooope"
"I want to play online" GWFL-"noooooooooooooope"
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : it shouldn't crash any of the IJN missions, just one mission has the history of crashing in the Challenge missions 2, I don't know the name as its been a while I last loaded this mod
- alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
Only registered users are allowed to post
birthday will Tuesday, 02 May 2017