Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

BSModHQV3.0 Questions

BSModHQV3.0 Questions

To the creators of BSModV3.0 (sir Oomperial, Axis_Crusher, etc..) i have a couple Questions
First of all i love the mod and everything it adds

1. You include the Essex class carriers but you dont use them anywhere, as far as i have found.

2.Im assuming that because your good modders and highly involved in the development of Battlestations Pacific that you would own the DLC's, could you possibly include these into the next incarnation of the mod as say new ships? I e you already have put the mustang into the game, so i would love to see you include the Alska Class Cruiser and the Montana, Super Yamato ETC. I would like to have the Carrier battles map pack aswell that seems fun.

3. The Ai's in skirmish mode on Operation Midway and Port Moresby dont do anything. Now i can see the problems with this so where these Maps solely for Multiplayer?

4.Could we get Command Buildings on Eastern and Sand islands in Operation Midway, same thing for Port Moresby with its HQ's

5.i was wondering if you might add some new Battleships, i would really like to play the North Carolina class and the litorio class i think it's called, Maybee throw a Bismark or Hood in their too that would be awesome, Someone made a Battleships mod with all of these in the mod, they put it on youtube to show it off, but he didint release it for anyone,the reason for this is i would like to have a simulation of IJN Kirishima vs USS Washington.

6.Maybee some Carrier based missions?. A Perfect Example of this was Battlestations Midway's "Strike on Tulagi"

7.Last Question, can you change the code so that we may have the option to launch 5 plane squadrons too. I liked how in Midway you could vary squadron sizes. for example i would usually launch 5 duantlesses and 5 avengers and 2 wildcats for CAS and that was a good template. Is it even Possible to change that?

Thanks for your answers or responses.

ParanaPoison11
Seaman
Activity Points: 116
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: BSModHQV3.0 Questions

I can answer two of the 7 questions you asked.

The ESSEX is in the end game map and 1 other (believe iwo jima. Essex uses the yorktowns hull so it doesnt look like the Essex so you probably over looked it. The maps are soley for multiplayer. IE AI arnt programmed.

Also far as I know none of the creaters are modding BSP anymore.

Shazer
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 648
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

yeah its sucks how people seem to be leeving this community now. I think War thunder will be like the New Battlestations Pacific, as they plan on integrating people flying planes, driving tanks, and commanding ships all into the same multiplayer game, just like BSP has done, about 4 years before War thunder came around i might add. World of Warchips will be more like the Duel game mode where you just battle it out with solely other ships. Anyway i cant wait for War thunder. The only thing i dont like is that their not putting Submarines into war thunder, which is hard to understand as they are the perfect counter to battleships aside from Aircraft.

ParanaPoison11
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
User info in posts

ParanaPoison11 wrote:

yeah its sucks how people seem to be leeving this community now. I think War thunder will be like the New Battlestations Pacific, as they plan on integrating people flying planes, driving tanks, and commanding ships all into the same multiplayer game, just like BSP has done, about 4 years before War thunder came around i might add. World of Warchips will be more like the Duel game mode where you just battle it out with solely other ships. Anyway i cant wait for War thunder. The only thing i dont like is that their not putting Submarines into war thunder, which is hard to understand as they are the perfect counter to battleships aside from Aircraft.

Because if they did make submarines most people dont like to "risk there sub" as its the "sniper" of naval warfare (how most gamers treat a submarine anyway) and since thats the case say the submarine is the only alive unit for one team and a submarine on the other. It would be a stalemate as neither could kill the other unless they surfaced which would only then be brief as 9/10 would stay off the surface. Sure they could add the sub bs sub underwater like BSP but there going for a more realistic approach than BSP did. Also creates equality for a unit dealing damage to every other unit. As a submarines only weakness in WW2 is aircraft with depth charges and destroyers. Safe from battleships and most cruisers. For a gameplay perspective I could live without the submarine warfare in WoW and besides most surface battles didint have the submarine in the midst of the battle.

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

ParanaPoison11 wrote:

To the creators of BSModV3.0 (sir Oomperial, Axis_Crusher, etc..) i have a couple Questions
First of all i love the mod and everything it adds

1. You include the Essex class carriers but you dont use them anywhere, as far as i have found.

2.Im assuming that because your good modders and highly involved in the development of Battlestations Pacific that you would own the DLC's, could you possibly include these into the next incarnation of the mod as say new ships? I e you already have put the mustang into the game, so i would love to see you include the Alska Class Cruiser and the Montana, Super Yamato ETC. I would like to have the Carrier battles map pack aswell that seems fun.

3. The Ai's in skirmish mode on Operation Midway and Port Moresby dont do anything. Now i can see the problems with this so where these Maps solely for Multiplayer?

4.Could we get Command Buildings on Eastern and Sand islands in Operation Midway, same thing for Port Moresby with its HQ's

5.i was wondering if you might add some new Battleships, i would really like to play the North Carolina class and the litorio class i think it's called, Maybee throw a Bismark or Hood in their too that would be awesome, Someone made a Battleships mod with all of these in the mod, they put it on youtube to show it off, but he didint release it for anyone,the reason for this is i would like to have a simulation of IJN Kirishima vs USS Washington.

6.Maybee some Carrier based missions?. A Perfect Example of this was Battlestations Midway's "Strike on Tulagi"

7.Last Question, can you change the code so that we may have the option to launch 5 plane squadrons too. I liked how in Midway you could vary squadron sizes. for example i would usually launch 5 duantlesses and 5 avengers and 2 wildcats for CAS and that was a good template. Is it even Possible to change that?

Thanks for your answers or responses.

Hey every body. Sorry for my long absense but I had no internet access whatsoever for the past 2 months.
Firstly let me answer these questions for you.

1) The Essex is basically a modified Yorktown hull with added weaponry and minor tweaks. it is a place holder until we can get a model working from scratch. You can find a ton of them in the map operation Ten-Go.

2) I don't own any of the DLC's but from time to time I do get my hand on some of the files and as you have seen I already brought in the Mustang and Liz from the unit pack. I finished the Montana a few weeks ago.

3) There is no AI programmed for these maps as they are intended for multiplayer. I am looking at the possibility to add these maps into the campaigns with AI.

4) Command buildings can be added to those islands but they will not have much use except for you being able to control a handful of AA guns while you should probably at that point be worrying about scrambling fighters to shoot down the bombers anyways.

5) I am in te process of adding the last of the Mustang Pack's units so this will include the Super Iowa and Montana and perhaps other Battleships as well (or submodels)

6) I'm open for ideas here. For now you can enjoy Ten-Go and iwo Jima that focus heavily on carrier combat. Most of the new maps have at least one Carrier with 3 eexceptions i can quickly think of.

7) Yes is can be done but only with custom maps. With the Support Manager it is hard coded but if the airfield or carrier is manually coded like in the custom maps you can set it to launch any number from 1-5

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
Activity Points: 10274
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Well welcome back, Would love to see the alaska again!

Shazer
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
81 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, welcome back. Thanks for your responses, I was wondering what you are working on right now, I can't wait for those alaska's and north Carolina's ag

ParanaPoison11
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
User info in posts

Good to be back.

At the moment modding is near the bottom of my priority list. I'm currently building a new computer desk to support more monitors as one is just not enough when you have over 8 windows open and working on all of them at once.

This is mainly for a new project me and a few other guys are undertaking. It is a massive project and I am excited about it but I can not utter much about it due to the active NDA regarding this. I can say it's a game we're building from scratch in order to fund further BSP mods and all that jazz.

The days I do get tired of this I do some BSP modding and although I doubt if BSmodHQ update v.4.0 for BSP will ever see daylight, I'm pretty sure v.3.5 will be finished some time in the future. For it I'm planning a sound overhaul, changing some of the 3.0 maps and adding AI to them as additional campaign or training grounds missions. Of course a few of the Mustang Unit Pack's units will feature and if somebody can send me the Carrier Battles and Volcano Map Packs I can integrate them as well.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

-- And, sir Axis_Crusher, if ever (again, if ever) 3.5 happens, I kinda hope for a more accurate 1945 Yamato model similar to some private modding 'god's' model (I give you my burnt offerings and incense, you---).. *ehem*.. But, meh.. it's just me being a kid again.. bu  Whatever's gonna be included will be much appreciated, sir Axis_Crusher. If it ever happens.
-- And good luck on what you guys are up to now; That's some hardcore-sounding stuff, sir.
I salute the nicest modding gods. Good day, sir. *salutes*

Abhorrent
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 270
ranks
useravatar
38 Posts
User info in posts

dude if it's anything related to BSP.. or warship RTS... just take all the ideas from that thread in the BNG post..   the crowd wants ships,  ... an ability to have spawnable ships and maps with preset ships...  if spawnable.. put a timer on it and not insta spawn.   more ships, better effects, better sounds, better damage control. better damage models..   i can go on and on..  GL.. maybe yall should do a crowd funding project or a kickstarter.. id put money in for you guys.

Big Bear
Seaman
Activity Points: 108
ranks
useravatar
14 Posts
User info in posts

Thatnks Axis crusher i cant wait already at the possiblility of the 3.5 mod coming out in the future, having Ai on those skirmish maps would be nice, and also the Alaska's too

ParanaPoison11
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
User info in posts

So.. question.. this active NDA.. i understand, but are you working for a company or just an active NDA between yall?

and if its a game from scratch.. why bother work the future of BSP? scratch is a game from ground up..

Neighbor Kid
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 559
ranks
useravatar
83 Posts
User info in posts

The NDA currently just falls between us but hopefully soon this will fall under a new organisation intended to centralise all operations.

This game we're building from scratch is intended to fund further, more professional mods for Battlestations. If the opportunitty presents itself, we'll look at developing and releasing a 3rd official Battlestations game, but this is only at the very end of a long tunnel and anything might happen until then.

This is all I am going to say for now.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

im confused.. and i'll leave it there... trash that nda asap! XP

Neighbor Kid
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 559
ranks
useravatar
83 Posts
User info in posts

Find below the link to the patch that will stop the map crashes on Java, Ten-Go, Sibuyan Sea and Air Battle

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/bsmodhq- … sp-patch-1

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
kelly0947
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 4 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts