Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
What to do.
What to do.
First of all, I am well aware that this is no way an easy task I'm getting into. As a trial, I've converted a yamato.mmod to its .obj files and I've viewed them with a 3d program. So, which of these .obj do I need to edit? All of them seem to appear like they're damaged, none look like the perfect, undamaged model. I probably missed a lot of things, those who know how to do it can laugh at me for being stupid.
And then, how do I compile these .obj files back to .mmod? If those who know how wouldn't help/answer, well, fine. If you guys should suggest that I go look for it in midway editors because it's/they're there, take me to it/them. If you say I'm lazy, it's fine. If it's all too private again, whatever. For those like me who really don't know, and or those who lost the knowledge as they read this post, well.. what can I do.
Re: What to do.
Majoyrity of people who know how to make mmod's are keeping silent as they think it needs to be private the most public knowlegde would be the F117 topic so take a look there. Still dont get why this is the only community that the people who have made a brand new unit entirely keep it secret instead of sharing and letting the community grow
Re: What to do.
I agree with you,first,lots of things are private...or at least not released to the public.
Second,I wondering if there is a modding team,or anyone who can modding now.
Third,there can be some "help",but the "help" equals to none.
Last,I've noticed there's a hidden forum,but for some "reason" it is not open to novice modders.
So,I think the two games have come to the end except changing the "secret" to the "all-known"
Re: What to do.
The so-called 'community' is not a community at all,just a group of several people in my opinion.
As we know,the website's goal is sharing MODS and teaching others to make MODS,but in fact they are sharing without teaching.
I don't know why...Copyright?Maybe...But only idiots will sell MODS for money.
Er...probably they think only when a person demonstrates himself or herself is not a goofball,then he or she will be allowed to learn or do something.
But,they've forgotten only with more people's help,the work can be finished more quickly and efficiently.
Re: What to do.
I believe I've been quite emotional on my last posts here, so I would like to apologize for my attitude. I tried to provoke attention the best I can so that this won't be as empty as the other 'help' posts and manage to get what little help I can get if ever. Well, I got some attention, but.. nothing still happened.
Again, I deeply apologize.
I was obsessed with having my favorite ship, the Yamato's appearance edited because the game missed some things that should make it appear properly even as a stock Yamato. Things like these (encircled in black):
Yes, I am really bothered by those lacking. Forget the Ten-Go configuration, I know it will be just a far-fetched dream that we would have it as perfectly as we could; If I or someone could just add those missing encircled things on the image to the game's stock Yamato properly, it'll be good enough and I can rest in peace. Or if someone could be a real hero and upload a proper 1945 Yamato.. But, what are the chances.
Anyway. When I tried extracting yamato.mmod with mmod2obj, I kind of get an error message whenever it reaches yamato Mesh68 Subset 0.obj. Something like this: CompressedVertexFormatData not found === ABORD. I'm not sure if that's normal since I didn't get that when doing it with iowa.mmod. And since I saw that I won't get any help of what and how to edit through (see my top post), I looked for and got a nice, FREE 3D Yamato 1945 model here:
http://3dmodel.domawe.com/entry/Battles … 3D-Model-1
There's also a USS New Jersey with the appearance I like.
Getting back to Yamato, the .3ds seemed incomplete so I tried editing the .obj with LightWave3D but it lags too much with it, and Wings3D can't even open the file. So I tried separating the free model's superstructure (brigde, smokestack, etc. with the aa's around it) from the hull and all on LightWave3D and tried combining it with the Yamato hull I got from the Midway editors with WIngs3D (when it can finally open it with just the superstructure), hoping to create a 1945 Yamato. I also erased the aa's around it and some other things on the bridge because they were too detailed. But that's just how far I got, and I know its not probably that far. Coding and texturing and other stuff still needs to be done. But anyway, I'll probably just stop there. I still have a life to attend to, and I missed a lot already. I missed fresh air.
Again, I apologize.
Re: What to do.
This was my stupid attempt at 3D modeling, by the way:
I also made those 2 extra structures (what are they, by the way?) on the sides of the front 6-inch guns:
The superstructure was from the free model I got; the hull was the one I got from Midway editors.
I just want a nice Yamato, really.. *sigh*..
Anyway.. Sorry, guys.
Re: What to do.
Hi! In the post I wrote that might find the desired information (https://code.google.com/p/dolgokesvalam … .cpp?r=152).
I do not own Visual C + +. What we need is a programmer who may give us the tools to work with.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post