Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
What to do.
What to do.
First of all, I am well aware that this is no way an easy task I'm getting into. As a trial, I've converted a yamato.mmod to its .obj files and I've viewed them with a 3d program. So, which of these .obj do I need to edit? All of them seem to appear like they're damaged, none look like the perfect, undamaged model. I probably missed a lot of things, those who know how to do it can laugh at me for being stupid.
And then, how do I compile these .obj files back to .mmod? If those who know how wouldn't help/answer, well, fine. If you guys should suggest that I go look for it in midway editors because it's/they're there, take me to it/them. If you say I'm lazy, it's fine. If it's all too private again, whatever. For those like me who really don't know, and or those who lost the knowledge as they read this post, well.. what can I do.
Re: What to do.
Majoyrity of people who know how to make mmod's are keeping silent as they think it needs to be private the most public knowlegde would be the F117 topic so take a look there. Still dont get why this is the only community that the people who have made a brand new unit entirely keep it secret instead of sharing and letting the community grow
Re: What to do.
I agree with you,first,lots of things are private...or at least not released to the public.
Second,I wondering if there is a modding team,or anyone who can modding now.
Third,there can be some "help",but the "help" equals to none.
Last,I've noticed there's a hidden forum,but for some "reason" it is not open to novice modders.
So,I think the two games have come to the end except changing the "secret" to the "all-known"
Re: What to do.
The so-called 'community' is not a community at all,just a group of several people in my opinion.
As we know,the website's goal is sharing MODS and teaching others to make MODS,but in fact they are sharing without teaching.
I don't know why...Copyright?Maybe...But only idiots will sell MODS for money.
Er...probably they think only when a person demonstrates himself or herself is not a goofball,then he or she will be allowed to learn or do something.
But,they've forgotten only with more people's help,the work can be finished more quickly and efficiently.
Re: What to do.
I believe I've been quite emotional on my last posts here, so I would like to apologize for my attitude. I tried to provoke attention the best I can so that this won't be as empty as the other 'help' posts and manage to get what little help I can get if ever. Well, I got some attention, but.. nothing still happened.
Again, I deeply apologize.
I was obsessed with having my favorite ship, the Yamato's appearance edited because the game missed some things that should make it appear properly even as a stock Yamato. Things like these (encircled in black):
Yes, I am really bothered by those lacking. Forget the Ten-Go configuration, I know it will be just a far-fetched dream that we would have it as perfectly as we could; If I or someone could just add those missing encircled things on the image to the game's stock Yamato properly, it'll be good enough and I can rest in peace. Or if someone could be a real hero and upload a proper 1945 Yamato.. But, what are the chances.
Anyway. When I tried extracting yamato.mmod with mmod2obj, I kind of get an error message whenever it reaches yamato Mesh68 Subset 0.obj. Something like this: CompressedVertexFormatData not found === ABORD. I'm not sure if that's normal since I didn't get that when doing it with iowa.mmod. And since I saw that I won't get any help of what and how to edit through (see my top post), I looked for and got a nice, FREE 3D Yamato 1945 model here:
http://3dmodel.domawe.com/entry/Battles … 3D-Model-1
There's also a USS New Jersey with the appearance I like.
Getting back to Yamato, the .3ds seemed incomplete so I tried editing the .obj with LightWave3D but it lags too much with it, and Wings3D can't even open the file. So I tried separating the free model's superstructure (brigde, smokestack, etc. with the aa's around it) from the hull and all on LightWave3D and tried combining it with the Yamato hull I got from the Midway editors with WIngs3D (when it can finally open it with just the superstructure), hoping to create a 1945 Yamato. I also erased the aa's around it and some other things on the bridge because they were too detailed. But that's just how far I got, and I know its not probably that far. Coding and texturing and other stuff still needs to be done. But anyway, I'll probably just stop there. I still have a life to attend to, and I missed a lot already. I missed fresh air.
Again, I apologize.
Re: What to do.
This was my stupid attempt at 3D modeling, by the way:
I also made those 2 extra structures (what are they, by the way?) on the sides of the front 6-inch guns:
The superstructure was from the free model I got; the hull was the one I got from Midway editors.
I just want a nice Yamato, really.. *sigh*..
Anyway.. Sorry, guys.
Re: What to do.
Hi! In the post I wrote that might find the desired information (https://code.google.com/p/dolgokesvalam … .cpp?r=152).
I do not own Visual C + +. What we need is a programmer who may give us the tools to work with.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post