Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

MMOD editor/creator

MMOD editor/creator

Friends! We need to do something! While we are discussing on the forum is not relevant topics dgdxdgd already created a new unit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhn2bc6QM_E). I found on the net program written in Visual C++ (https://code.google.com/p/dolgokesvalam … .cpp?r=152), which will advance further in the implementation of new ideas for the BSP (new maps, units, scenarios). I do not own VC ++! Therefore I appeal to people who know the language to help us! Just having a program (similar BSPreipper) we will succeed!

SurgeonSasha
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 1322
ranks
useravatar
84 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MMOD editor/creator

Ok so when it comes to C++ I'm useless. The good news is I have some experience with Delphi and HTML. This means I at least have some remote idea on how code works and even though C++ is a different programming language, all languages (spoken, written and programmed) have the same structure. That gave me the idea just to try and unravel the code. So now I dug into this file and saw it does not have all the components it needs to be a functional program.

I did notice the following code and this is very important:

Code:

#include "ChunkStream.h"
#include "Tga.h"

#include <windows.h>

#include "render/renderobject3d.h"
#include "render/mesh.h"
#include "render/shadermanager.h"
#include "render/texturemanager.h"
#include "math/mtx4x4.h"

What I can gather from this is that the .cpp file you linked to is the actual project file. These references point to .h files which are helper files for the project. Now I found these files in the subdirectories but they in return link to other .h files.

I quickly went through everything and it is clear that this program is in all probability more than an mmod viewer/editor/creator.

The problem now is how on earth does one download this program?

I have played around a bit on the internet and found a way to download this whole project directly to the computer.

Firstly you need to download the application that downloads this project for you.
Of course you just need to click this yellow link and download the file on the web page when it loads.

Secondly you need the tell this program when you have downloaded, extracted and run it what to do.
Of course your link below will not work

Code:

https://code.google.com/p/dolgokesvalamik/source/browse/trunk/libs/utils/mmod-loader.cpp?r=152

I had to play around with the code a bit and see what the general link looks like that you type into the program in order to download and I have come up with this:

Code:

http://dolgokesvalamik.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

This is what you need to copy and paste into the SVN Source URL section.

Then of course you just need to tell the program where to download to - preferably an empty folder you can easily access.

Now click the start button and after some process a message will display telling you "Done"

This is about as far as I got. I am still looking for a good c++ compiler to try this out and see if it actually works. Maybe somebody will jump me on this, but hey, the more people that can do this the better.

Salutations from me and my brain that is bellowing smoke from overdrive.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
Activity Points: 10281
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

SurgeonSasha
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 1322
ranks
useravatar
84 Posts
User info in posts

ai
So, um...  bw
... What do we do..?  ai

Abhorrent
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 270
ranks
useravatar
38 Posts
User info in posts

That's about as far as I can help. Now somebody that knows C++ noods to come out of hiding and help.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

Whew.. I see, sir. I thought that you guys have done it already and that was it, silly me. ah
So we still need someone knowledgeable of C++. Darn it, I wish I know how to do all these stuff too. bu
C++ person, please come out already!  bc

Abhorrent
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 270
ranks
useravatar
38 Posts
User info in posts

c++ eh?? i know a friend who has some knowledge about that

Blitzkrieg
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 865
ranks
useravatar
157 Posts
User info in posts

Blitzkrieg wrote:

Fuck DXG BASTERD

Please mind your language on these forums. First and last warning.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

lol k
sry bout the language
btw
i know a bit of c++
this take a while but i can do it

Blitzkrieg
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
157 Posts
User info in posts

done
i got this stuff figured out

Blitzkrieg
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
157 Posts
User info in posts

And what is the verdict?

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1683 Posts
User info in posts

it crashes game:P
thats the verdict

Blitzkrieg
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
157 Posts
User info in posts

im not that good
i will let my friend look at it
he has more expirience in c++
he might get it workin

Blitzkrieg
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
157 Posts
User info in posts

I found something interesting. The todo.txt is written in Hungarian. Eidos Studios HUNGARY! This program was written by eidos programmers!

PlanesFan1
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 878
ranks
useravatar
134 Posts
User info in posts

This game is made by Eidos Hungary, a Hungarian game company. And, what program are you referring to ??

Avalon
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 576
ranks
useravatar
92 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Axis_Crusher

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016