Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Friends! We need to do something! While we are discussing on the forum is not relevant topics dgdxdgd already created a new unit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhn2bc6QM_E). I found on the net program written in Visual C++ (https://code.google.com/p/dolgokesvalam … .cpp?r=152), which will advance further in the implementation of new ideas for the BSP (new maps, units, scenarios). I do not own VC ++! Therefore I appeal to people who know the language to help us! Just having a program (similar BSPreipper) we will succeed!
Re: MMOD editor/creator
Ok so when it comes to C++ I'm useless. The good news is I have some experience with Delphi and HTML. This means I at least have some remote idea on how code works and even though C++ is a different programming language, all languages (spoken, written and programmed) have the same structure. That gave me the idea just to try and unravel the code. So now I dug into this file and saw it does not have all the components it needs to be a functional program.
I did notice the following code and this is very important:
What I can gather from this is that the .cpp file you linked to is the actual project file. These references point to .h files which are helper files for the project. Now I found these files in the subdirectories but they in return link to other .h files.
I quickly went through everything and it is clear that this program is in all probability more than an mmod viewer/editor/creator.
The problem now is how on earth does one download this program?
I have played around a bit on the internet and found a way to download this whole project directly to the computer.
Firstly you need to download the application that downloads this project for you.
Of course you just need to click this yellow link and download the file on the web page when it loads.
Secondly you need the tell this program when you have downloaded, extracted and run it what to do.
Of course your link below will not work
I had to play around with the code a bit and see what the general link looks like that you type into the program in order to download and I have come up with this:
This is what you need to copy and paste into the SVN Source URL section.
Then of course you just need to tell the program where to download to - preferably an empty folder you can easily access.
Now click the start button and after some process a message will display telling you "Done"
This is about as far as I got. I am still looking for a good c++ compiler to try this out and see if it actually works. Maybe somebody will jump me on this, but hey, the more people that can do this the better.
Salutations from me and my brain that is bellowing smoke from overdrive.
Re: MMOD editor/creator
Whew.. I see, sir. I thought that you guys have done it already and that was it, silly me.
So we still need someone knowledgeable of C++. Darn it, I wish I know how to do all these stuff too.
C++ person, please come out already!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post