Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Both side's subs have differences, so I wanted to find out who has the edge in underwater warfare.
USA: Their subs are fairly forgiving, having torpedo tubes in the back in case you overshoot your target or dealing with multiple ships at once. They have two artillery guns on deck, allowing it to be useful for capturing supply bases and taking out transport ships if torpedo tubes are expended. The Gato class has more torpedo supplies and faster compared to Japanese Subs.
- Get's 2 artillery guns.
Gato has speed and torpedoes.
Tubes forward and back.
Japanese: Their subs have ALL of the torpedo tubes pointed forward, making it useful if dealing with heavy ships that needs sinking fast, but would require fancy maneuvering if a ship gets behind you, and the I-400 isn't known for it's maneuverability. Both Type B and I-400 has seaplanes, which has bombs, making up for it's single artillery gun and increases it's range, gives cover from depth charge planes, and allowing strikes on supply bases and transport vessels. (Type B has Jakes, geared up with a pair of 250kg bombs, while the I-400 gets Seiran, which has a 800kg bomb, allowing it to act like a dive bomber if necessary, plus it has 3 guns, 2 forward and 1 back, compared to other seaplane's 2 guns, and letting it serve as a interceptor against unescorted Skytrains.
- Has Seaplanes.
Forward torpedo tubes.
I-400 gets to hang out at crush depth longer, plus has decent AA compared to other subs as a bonus.
So overall, they seem fairly balanced, USA gets a pair of artillery pieces for surface work, Japan get's seaplanes with bombs to make up for having one artillery piece (though seaplanes require command points), different torpedo tube layouts for different ways of engagements, etc. So does it just depend on the user's preferred play-style, or is there something I'm missing out?
Nope pretty much preferred play style. For me I prefer the US as you get stern tubes and helps alot if a destroyer is on your tail. I also much prefer to stay submerged as long as possible so its my preferred choice. Even as IJN I almost never use the seaplanes.
I used the subs bit more in skirmish, and I thought the Gato seems better at sinking ships in a battlegroup thanks to it's large supply of torpedoes and tube layout, as you can sail into the middle of the group, sink or damage any ship you can using both forward and stern tubes, and let a battleship/cruiser group mop up the ships that survived, while the I-400 is more of a siege sub, as it can hang out next to a shipyard and fire at any that spawns, with its 8 forward tubes and can loiter longer than Gato as it has more air, plus it can escape to crush depth and stay there longer.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post