Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
So I recently got the "Volcano" map pack and I went to check out the shore guns on island capture skirmish. I shot it at one of my destroyers to see what it does. It took off much of it's health, so now I'm wondering what it's damage is compared to battleship guns, so is there a chart or something I can see for comparison?
I checked the stats on the ammunition and can note the following comparison between the Battery and Yamato guns:
Yamato 18.1" Shell
-Minimum damage: 300
-Maximum damage: 330
-Muzzle velocity: 300
There's actually 2 types of battery ammunition it seems so I'll list them by in game names
Huge Battery DLC Shell:
-Minimum damage: 1500
-Maximum damage: 2000
-Muzzle velocity: 400
Huge Battery Long Range Shell
-Minimum damage: 500
-Maximum damage: 400
-Muzzle velocity: 300
Judging by the effects I saw on the AWP map I made (Iwo Jima) using the Battery I'm inclined to say Huge Battery DLC Shell is the one used. I'm not too sure about this so-called long range version. It is perhaps an unused ammunition.
I did more digging.
Huge Battery DLC Shell is the ammunition type used by the gun called Huge Battery - Open which is the one I used on my Iwo Jima map and in the Road to Hawaii maps.
Huge Battery - Turret seems to be using a device called Huge Battery Turret (Iowa 16'' 3X) and uses the ammuniton Huge Battery Long Range Shell. For the record the model for the turret is the exact same model Iowa uses. You pretty much have an Iowa turret on land with just slightly less than 3x the range.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post