Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
So I recently got the "Volcano" map pack and I went to check out the shore guns on island capture skirmish. I shot it at one of my destroyers to see what it does. It took off much of it's health, so now I'm wondering what it's damage is compared to battleship guns, so is there a chart or something I can see for comparison?
I checked the stats on the ammunition and can note the following comparison between the Battery and Yamato guns:
Yamato 18.1" Shell
-Minimum damage: 300
-Maximum damage: 330
-Muzzle velocity: 300
There's actually 2 types of battery ammunition it seems so I'll list them by in game names
Huge Battery DLC Shell:
-Minimum damage: 1500
-Maximum damage: 2000
-Muzzle velocity: 400
Huge Battery Long Range Shell
-Minimum damage: 500
-Maximum damage: 400
-Muzzle velocity: 300
Judging by the effects I saw on the AWP map I made (Iwo Jima) using the Battery I'm inclined to say Huge Battery DLC Shell is the one used. I'm not too sure about this so-called long range version. It is perhaps an unused ammunition.
I did more digging.
Huge Battery DLC Shell is the ammunition type used by the gun called Huge Battery - Open which is the one I used on my Iwo Jima map and in the Road to Hawaii maps.
Huge Battery - Turret seems to be using a device called Huge Battery Turret (Iowa 16'' 3X) and uses the ammuniton Huge Battery Long Range Shell. For the record the model for the turret is the exact same model Iowa uses. You pretty much have an Iowa turret on land with just slightly less than 3x the range.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
Only registered users are allowed to post