Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
hello... im very....very...very.... newbie here.... i want to ask ...
is it posible to change the unit in the map on the island capture... like in Dreadnought or something ... there are South Dakota Class Battleship in the centre of the island.... can i change it to something like Iowa-Class / New York Class / King George V Class or anything ...if its posible...how to change it ? please tell me in detail.. coz.. im very newbie...
and by the way... can someone give me Biscmark Battleship to me ??
Yes you can best to look here http://battlestations.freeforums.org/a- … c-t24.html
As for the bismark I dont think anyone can give you it. Unless its one of the two upcoming mods you will not be able to have it.
It's a bit more complex than "Simple"
Firstly you need to identify what the map number is, dreadnought is map 1.
You need to extract the 0_scene1.mpak, 1_scene1IC1.mpak and 2_scene1IC1.mpak - you need to keep in mind IC1 is small, IC2 is medium and IC3 is large so know which size of which map you need to modify.
You need to open the .scn file located under universe\scenes\missions\multi
I STRONGLY advise you to use Notepad++ to edit this file. You the need to search for "Spawnpoint" and under it you need to look at the "Stock" values - there you can change the units available.
I started a video tutorial series for modding BSP - the thread is in this link: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/f … 831#p20831
The first 2 parts will get you up to speed with the software you need, how to use it and where to find what. The map modding part is coming soon.
To find which spawnpoint you need to see under which Headquarters entity it is. You also need to know what the HQ name is in game. When you know that you need to use the .lua file in the 3_scene file to cross reference the names. It's a bit tricky but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. If you get stuck just shout.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post