Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
hello... im very....very...very.... newbie here.... i want to ask ...
is it posible to change the unit in the map on the island capture... like in Dreadnought or something ... there are South Dakota Class Battleship in the centre of the island.... can i change it to something like Iowa-Class / New York Class / King George V Class or anything ...if its posible...how to change it ? please tell me in detail.. coz.. im very newbie...
and by the way... can someone give me Biscmark Battleship to me ??
Yes you can best to look here http://battlestations.freeforums.org/a- … c-t24.html
As for the bismark I dont think anyone can give you it. Unless its one of the two upcoming mods you will not be able to have it.
It's a bit more complex than "Simple"
Firstly you need to identify what the map number is, dreadnought is map 1.
You need to extract the 0_scene1.mpak, 1_scene1IC1.mpak and 2_scene1IC1.mpak - you need to keep in mind IC1 is small, IC2 is medium and IC3 is large so know which size of which map you need to modify.
You need to open the .scn file located under universe\scenes\missions\multi
I STRONGLY advise you to use Notepad++ to edit this file. You the need to search for "Spawnpoint" and under it you need to look at the "Stock" values - there you can change the units available.
I started a video tutorial series for modding BSP - the thread is in this link: http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/f … 831#p20831
The first 2 parts will get you up to speed with the software you need, how to use it and where to find what. The map modding part is coming soon.
To find which spawnpoint you need to see under which Headquarters entity it is. You also need to know what the HQ name is in game. When you know that you need to use the .lua file in the 3_scene file to cross reference the names. It's a bit tricky but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. If you get stuck just shout.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post