Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Firstly thank you for approving my registration to this forum.
here's my problem.
Been playing BSP for a few weeks now and all has been working until recently.
The game loads fine but when I try to start a campaign or skirmish in single player mode or start a game in multiplayer mode it crashes at that point and does not start the game.
I have tried to restore my PC before the last updates.
I have not re-installed the game yet as have to download the game setup again which takes a while on my Broadband.
Is there any fixes for this?
Re: Game crash
Welcome to the forums.
Can you please supply us with the following information so we can assist you better?
Which Operasting System are you running?
Did you patch the game and if so to which version?
Did you install any mods?
Which release of the game do you have? (Steam, GFWL, D2D)
Re: Game crash
Thanks for the info.
I recall an issue mentioned a few years back with Vista. If I remember correctly the fix was to run the setup as Administrator and then have the game install into C:\Battlestations Pacific (or any other drive letter) - apparentlyu UAC does not like the BSP installer nor BSP being in the Program Files folder.
Re: Game crash
I will try and install it using admin in the way you suggested.
Having said that though it has been running fine for a few weeks until just yesterday.
If that was the case then it may not have worked at the start no? or am i missing something
Re: Game crash
Only the usual MS updates but I restored my PC back before the updates but did not help.
Besides the fault started a good 48 hours after that update anyway.
All very strange why it should suddenly start.
I think a file got corrupted somehow.
Maybe easier to download it again and re-install.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Re: Game crash
To uninstall use a pragram called iobit Uninstaller and use the Powerful Uninstall. It will uninstall the game as normal and then search for and delete any possible remaining files and registry entries. Also make sure you uninstall the GFWL Marketplace before reinstalling the game. Even though you don't have the GFWL version the game still needs it to connect to the MP servers as the service is hosted by GFWL.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
- Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen
Only registered users are allowed to post