Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Firstly thank you for approving my registration to this forum.
here's my problem.
Been playing BSP for a few weeks now and all has been working until recently.
The game loads fine but when I try to start a campaign or skirmish in single player mode or start a game in multiplayer mode it crashes at that point and does not start the game.
I have tried to restore my PC before the last updates.
I have not re-installed the game yet as have to download the game setup again which takes a while on my Broadband.
Is there any fixes for this?
Re: Game crash
Welcome to the forums.
Can you please supply us with the following information so we can assist you better?
Which Operasting System are you running?
Did you patch the game and if so to which version?
Did you install any mods?
Which release of the game do you have? (Steam, GFWL, D2D)
Re: Game crash
Thanks for the info.
I recall an issue mentioned a few years back with Vista. If I remember correctly the fix was to run the setup as Administrator and then have the game install into C:\Battlestations Pacific (or any other drive letter) - apparentlyu UAC does not like the BSP installer nor BSP being in the Program Files folder.
Re: Game crash
I will try and install it using admin in the way you suggested.
Having said that though it has been running fine for a few weeks until just yesterday.
If that was the case then it may not have worked at the start no? or am i missing something
Re: Game crash
Only the usual MS updates but I restored my PC back before the updates but did not help.
Besides the fault started a good 48 hours after that update anyway.
All very strange why it should suddenly start.
I think a file got corrupted somehow.
Maybe easier to download it again and re-install.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Re: Game crash
To uninstall use a pragram called iobit Uninstaller and use the Powerful Uninstall. It will uninstall the game as normal and then search for and delete any possible remaining files and registry entries. Also make sure you uninstall the GFWL Marketplace before reinstalling the game. Even though you don't have the GFWL version the game still needs it to connect to the MP servers as the service is hosted by GFWL.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post