Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
ANOTHER MAP IDEA
ANOTHER MAP IDEA
MAP: Twin Cities
KIND OF MAP: Alternate history
STORY: The Japanese fleet showed up on the morning of Sept. 5, 1946 and invaded the Panama Canal and conquered all the way up to Mexico City. Another invasion force known as Force 10 traveled through the canal with Fuso BB escort. Their fleet was 2 Fuso Class, 1 Soryu Class, 4 Tone Class, 6 Fubuki Class, and 7 LSTs. After the Invasion of Louisiana months earlier Force 10 was tasked with traveling up the Mississippi River and invade the Twin Cities. They bombarded any cities they passed with CA and DD fire (to conserve Fuso class ammo) and sunk any transport they saw. Upon arriving inside Minnesota's borders scouts traveling from conquered Canada spotted an American BB flotilla in the River ready to engage. Japanese bombers cleared a way through the river by bombing every bridge and every lock they came to. When they entered the Twin City area the enemy fleet was stronger than enticipated...
Slot 1: BB,DD,Shipyard,CA,Shipyard
Slot 2: BB,CA,DD,Airfeild,CL
Slot 3: CL,CL,DD,DD,DD
Slot 4: CA,CL,DD,DD,DD
Airfeild ( 45 of every aircraft but B-25s... Buffalos, Devastators, only 25 B-25s)
Shipyard: ( 30 PTs, 8 Narwhal Class subs)
Shipyard 2: (20 PTs, 12 PBY Catalinas)
BB: New York Class
CA: Northampton Class
DD: Allen M Sumner Class (if u can get it tipsy), Clemson Class ( 5 Clemson, 3 Allen Sumner)
CL: Atlanta Class
feel free to edit ^^ (ps: to all u guys asking 4 a draft i cant get one up so ill ask sum1 to get one for sydney harbor and this one ^^)
Soryu Class (35 of each aircraft... Zeroes, Vals, Kates)
BB: Fuso Class
CA: Tone Class
DD: Fubuki Class
OBJECTIVES: US: Destroy Jap CVs and LSTs
Make sure key units survive ( USS New York (only US BB as key unit) and Shipyards and Airfeild)
IJN: Destroy US Aifeild and Shipyards and USS New York
One key unit must survive ( CV, LSTs)
Make sure at least one LST lands on beaches of St. Paul and Minneapolis (basically yellow lines but thtll just b added in game prob u guys get the point and dont need it on draft ^^)
feel free to comments share your opinion ill ask some1 to get a draft up 4 sydney harbor and this one...
Re: ANOTHER MAP IDEA
THX lol thts a lot of ships! perfect replica of the river cuz it twist and turns all around minnesota...looks great! wut do u think of map itself?
o wait the first city is 2 close to the jap fleet and ther are no defenses around it... sorry but can u move the second city up right across the river from other city? cuz right wen map starts jap players will just send a LST and all ready conquer one city withouth any casualties
Re: ANOTHER MAP IDEA
This would be a first time id give a map a thumbs down, simple cause you expect a fleet to fight in a narrow river way with that many ships it would be a total chaos and too move a fleet through this narrow river would cause them to run into each other. a single subs torpedo salvo would always have at least a 75% hit ratio with that many ships in there.
Not only that the narrow river way makes it difficult for Japanese ships to properly counter an air strike by moving there ships broadside towards incoming aircraft.
In short, this map is far to in favor of American forces, the landmass has to be altered or make the river 2x or 3x wider to give Japanese any glimmer of hope in wining.
roflcopter wrote:DD: Allen M Sumner Class (if u can get it tipsy), Clemson Class ( 5 Clemson, 3 Allen Sumner)
It can be done, but I don't want to get ahead of myself on this one, since it would require altering the global files which would represent a similar problem on adding maps, if you don't got the right version of the ship you wont be able to play that map. Until we fully decide to add new units, lets try to hold back on adding units that you would like to see.
Also the Sumner class I have shown isn't a final new ship that can be added anywhere, doesn't have the proper stat changes and what not, which would required through testing.
Support me on Twitter!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post