Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
ANOTHER MAP IDEA
ANOTHER MAP IDEA
MAP: Twin Cities
KIND OF MAP: Alternate history
STORY: The Japanese fleet showed up on the morning of Sept. 5, 1946 and invaded the Panama Canal and conquered all the way up to Mexico City. Another invasion force known as Force 10 traveled through the canal with Fuso BB escort. Their fleet was 2 Fuso Class, 1 Soryu Class, 4 Tone Class, 6 Fubuki Class, and 7 LSTs. After the Invasion of Louisiana months earlier Force 10 was tasked with traveling up the Mississippi River and invade the Twin Cities. They bombarded any cities they passed with CA and DD fire (to conserve Fuso class ammo) and sunk any transport they saw. Upon arriving inside Minnesota's borders scouts traveling from conquered Canada spotted an American BB flotilla in the River ready to engage. Japanese bombers cleared a way through the river by bombing every bridge and every lock they came to. When they entered the Twin City area the enemy fleet was stronger than enticipated...
Slot 1: BB,DD,Shipyard,CA,Shipyard
Slot 2: BB,CA,DD,Airfeild,CL
Slot 3: CL,CL,DD,DD,DD
Slot 4: CA,CL,DD,DD,DD
Airfeild ( 45 of every aircraft but B-25s... Buffalos, Devastators, only 25 B-25s)
Shipyard: ( 30 PTs, 8 Narwhal Class subs)
Shipyard 2: (20 PTs, 12 PBY Catalinas)
BB: New York Class
CA: Northampton Class
DD: Allen M Sumner Class (if u can get it tipsy), Clemson Class ( 5 Clemson, 3 Allen Sumner)
CL: Atlanta Class
feel free to edit ^^ (ps: to all u guys asking 4 a draft i cant get one up so ill ask sum1 to get one for sydney harbor and this one ^^)
Soryu Class (35 of each aircraft... Zeroes, Vals, Kates)
BB: Fuso Class
CA: Tone Class
DD: Fubuki Class
OBJECTIVES: US: Destroy Jap CVs and LSTs
Make sure key units survive ( USS New York (only US BB as key unit) and Shipyards and Airfeild)
IJN: Destroy US Aifeild and Shipyards and USS New York
One key unit must survive ( CV, LSTs)
Make sure at least one LST lands on beaches of St. Paul and Minneapolis (basically yellow lines but thtll just b added in game prob u guys get the point and dont need it on draft ^^)
feel free to comments share your opinion ill ask some1 to get a draft up 4 sydney harbor and this one...
Re: ANOTHER MAP IDEA
THX lol thts a lot of ships! perfect replica of the river cuz it twist and turns all around minnesota...looks great! wut do u think of map itself?
o wait the first city is 2 close to the jap fleet and ther are no defenses around it... sorry but can u move the second city up right across the river from other city? cuz right wen map starts jap players will just send a LST and all ready conquer one city withouth any casualties
Re: ANOTHER MAP IDEA
This would be a first time id give a map a thumbs down, simple cause you expect a fleet to fight in a narrow river way with that many ships it would be a total chaos and too move a fleet through this narrow river would cause them to run into each other. a single subs torpedo salvo would always have at least a 75% hit ratio with that many ships in there.
Not only that the narrow river way makes it difficult for Japanese ships to properly counter an air strike by moving there ships broadside towards incoming aircraft.
In short, this map is far to in favor of American forces, the landmass has to be altered or make the river 2x or 3x wider to give Japanese any glimmer of hope in wining.
roflcopter wrote:DD: Allen M Sumner Class (if u can get it tipsy), Clemson Class ( 5 Clemson, 3 Allen Sumner)
It can be done, but I don't want to get ahead of myself on this one, since it would require altering the global files which would represent a similar problem on adding maps, if you don't got the right version of the ship you wont be able to play that map. Until we fully decide to add new units, lets try to hold back on adding units that you would like to see.
Also the Sumner class I have shown isn't a final new ship that can be added anywhere, doesn't have the proper stat changes and what not, which would required through testing.
Support me on Twitter!
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post