Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
XBOX 360 Controller Options are BROKEN! :( someone needs to mod this
XBOX 360 Controller Options are BROKEN! :( someone needs to mod this
i use a regular XBOX 360 controller with the microsoft official Wireless receiver for PC, Windows 7.
game is version 1.1.1 ; bought on STEAM, i have both MidwayModder map packs installed, and use the NO CD CRACK mode from this forum, for Gameranger.
in game Options Menu, i load the "XBOX 360 Controller" control scheme preset.
Most of it work, EXCEPT:
- FOR SHIPS: ZOOM IN/OUT in binoculars mode, as well as Cycle weapon and Fire buttons aren't assigned.
- FOR PLANES: bomb/torpedo mode and Fire buttons aren't assigned.
So no big deal, i can just assign them manually anyway, right? well i tried, and yes, i "can"; but they don't work. Here is why:
-FOR SHIPS: normally, you whould use left trigger to cycle weapons, and right trigger to fire. but there is no "cycle weapon" option in options menu: only "next weapon" and "previous weapon". so as a result, the game automatically assign the other trigger to the opposite weapon!
exemple: if i use left trigger for "PREVIOUS WEAPON", the game will auto-assign the right trigger to "NEXT WEAPON", and vice-versa. so as a result YOU CAN'T use the right trigger for FIRE... i tried manually unassigning it, but if i unassign the right trigger, then the game also automatically unassign the left trigger....
also, on XBOX 360, you whould use the right stick to control the ship and left stick to control the camera, except when in zoom mode: where the right stick whould then be used to zoom in/out and whould no longer control the ship. in the PC game tough, it continues to control the ship at the same time! so when i zoom in/out; it accelerate/slows down the ship at the same time!!
-FOR PLANES: normally you whould press and hold the left trigger for BOMB/TORPEDO mode, and right trigger to FIRE (machinegun if alone, bomb/torpedo if you are holding the left trigger at the same time). i CAN assign the controls like this in options, but in game it doesn't work:
the machineguns work, and i can enter the BOMB/TORPEDO mode, but can't relase them! if i hold the bomb/torpedo mode button (left trigger), and press the fire machinegun button (right trigger), it just jumps me back to machinegun mode without realeasing the bomb/torpedo....
Why they whould be unable to get this controle scheme to work on PC while this is the default XBOX 360 control is completely incomprehensible to me... especially considering it was working fine from day one on the console back then, i remember very well...
heh; but i think (more like assume/hope) it couldn't be too hard to mod the options menu so that it stops the auto-assign thing for the NEXT/PREVIOUS WEAPONS options?
has someone done this already? or could someone try it please?
and has someone managed to mod the game so that zoom in/out while in binoculars no longer controls the ship speed, even if ship has speed up/down assigned to the same stick? ( it DID work that way on XBOX 360; so no reason it shouldn't be possible)
as for the plane BOMB/TORPEDO mode issue however, i'm not sure at all what's causing this... it worked fine when i assigned it to my mouse left/right click... why whould it not work for left/right trigger of a controller is beyond me... but if someone has looked into it or had similar issue, i'd like to know more please?
Edit: found another problem with ships ( the Zoom on binoculars)
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Total Posts Today:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- Captain saken
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post