Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
XBOX 360 Controller Options are BROKEN! :( someone needs to mod this
XBOX 360 Controller Options are BROKEN! :( someone needs to mod this
i use a regular XBOX 360 controller with the microsoft official Wireless receiver for PC, Windows 7.
game is version 1.1.1 ; bought on STEAM, i have both MidwayModder map packs installed, and use the NO CD CRACK mode from this forum, for Gameranger.
in game Options Menu, i load the "XBOX 360 Controller" control scheme preset.
Most of it work, EXCEPT:
- FOR SHIPS: ZOOM IN/OUT in binoculars mode, as well as Cycle weapon and Fire buttons aren't assigned.
- FOR PLANES: bomb/torpedo mode and Fire buttons aren't assigned.
So no big deal, i can just assign them manually anyway, right? well i tried, and yes, i "can"; but they don't work. Here is why:
-FOR SHIPS: normally, you whould use left trigger to cycle weapons, and right trigger to fire. but there is no "cycle weapon" option in options menu: only "next weapon" and "previous weapon". so as a result, the game automatically assign the other trigger to the opposite weapon!
exemple: if i use left trigger for "PREVIOUS WEAPON", the game will auto-assign the right trigger to "NEXT WEAPON", and vice-versa. so as a result YOU CAN'T use the right trigger for FIRE... i tried manually unassigning it, but if i unassign the right trigger, then the game also automatically unassign the left trigger....
also, on XBOX 360, you whould use the right stick to control the ship and left stick to control the camera, except when in zoom mode: where the right stick whould then be used to zoom in/out and whould no longer control the ship. in the PC game tough, it continues to control the ship at the same time! so when i zoom in/out; it accelerate/slows down the ship at the same time!!
-FOR PLANES: normally you whould press and hold the left trigger for BOMB/TORPEDO mode, and right trigger to FIRE (machinegun if alone, bomb/torpedo if you are holding the left trigger at the same time). i CAN assign the controls like this in options, but in game it doesn't work:
the machineguns work, and i can enter the BOMB/TORPEDO mode, but can't relase them! if i hold the bomb/torpedo mode button (left trigger), and press the fire machinegun button (right trigger), it just jumps me back to machinegun mode without realeasing the bomb/torpedo....
Why they whould be unable to get this controle scheme to work on PC while this is the default XBOX 360 control is completely incomprehensible to me... especially considering it was working fine from day one on the console back then, i remember very well...
heh; but i think (more like assume/hope) it couldn't be too hard to mod the options menu so that it stops the auto-assign thing for the NEXT/PREVIOUS WEAPONS options?
has someone done this already? or could someone try it please?
and has someone managed to mod the game so that zoom in/out while in binoculars no longer controls the ship speed, even if ship has speed up/down assigned to the same stick? ( it DID work that way on XBOX 360; so no reason it shouldn't be possible)
as for the plane BOMB/TORPEDO mode issue however, i'm not sure at all what's causing this... it worked fine when i assigned it to my mouse left/right click... why whould it not work for left/right trigger of a controller is beyond me... but if someone has looked into it or had similar issue, i'd like to know more please?
Edit: found another problem with ships ( the Zoom on binoculars)
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post