Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Battle of New Georgia
Battle of New Georgia
Name- Invasion of New Georgia
Map Kind- 3 main islands of New Georgia, Histroical Map (actually happened)
Story- After finishing the Quadalcanal campaign General MacArthur wanted to invade Rabaul. The plan was rejected because of a shortage of landing craft. Instead the Allies would take the Japanese airfeild on New Georgia and bomb Rabaul to dust. They would also use the airfeild to cut off supplies to Rabaul and sink any ship carrying reinforcements to prevent an Allied invasion. The plan was to invade the main islands of New Georgia simultaneously and force the Japanese air reinforcements from attacking in larger numbers on one invasion force. With the U.S fleet just beyond the shores and the carriers Hornet and Enterprise just in eyesight the invasion began. Japan was just able to get some reinforcements to New Georgia (they didn't actually get any reinforcements but I'm making the map fair). With the battle beginning each side used forces wisely. Each side would fight for every inch of New Georigian soil with every force they had.
BB- Iowa Class
CV- Yorktown Class (30 Wildcats, 30 Avengers, 30 Dauntlesses each)
CA- Northampton Class
CL- Atlanta Class
DD- 50% Clemson, 50% Fletcher
AK- LST landing ship
Sink the Japanese CV, BBs, and destroy the Airfeild
One key unit must survive (LSTs,CVs,BB)
Atleast one LST must land on every island to succeed in conquering the island (doesn't mean you win, you conquer the island and you still have to destroy the Japanese key units)
BB- Kongo Class
CV- Soryu Class (30 Zeroes, 30 Vals, 30 Kates)
Airfeild - 30 Oscars, 30 Vals, 30 Kates
DD- Minekaze Class
CA- Tone Class
CL- Kuma Class (not Torpedo Cruiser one)
Sink the US LSTs, CVs, and BB
One key unit must survive (CV,BBs, Airfeild)
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- Posts this week:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post