Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Open source engines
Open source engines
Have you guys thought of an engine to build this game on yet?
If I may provide an opinion one of the best ways to go is with an open source engine, source code freely available and modifiable to suit whatever needs.
There are a number of options out there suitable, i can code an engine for you guys but it would be quicker and easier to use an sdk already out there, plus using an open source engine means ur not down anything but time and so you dont lose money and are not inclined to charge for the end product, this in turn means no law suit from square enix as its a community edition of a beloved game and not a cash in
Re: Open source engines
About 2 years ago I was authorised to demo the Unigine engine and this engine will handle this kind of game easily. It also supports near infinite sized maps and the engine is so optimised even mid range PC's will get solid performance out of this. What got me was the whopping price tag so I was betting on making a cheaper and much simpler game in order to fund a license for this. Sadly I got bogged down on every attempt and I shelved this idea until I could build a support base. The game is already planned out - only manpower was needed.
Re: Open source engines
thats the reason i will never go for the likes of unity or anything, they sound great and all but u pay big before u even make anything and then when its released u pay money for that as well not to mention the fact that to code anything into the engine specific to your needs u need the source code, of which has another price tag or you could buy assets that other people have added which as for money is concerned the person that makes it can put whatever price they want onto it
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post