Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Unused platform slot: can we use them?

Unused platform slot: can we use them?

Hi everyone,
this is the second topic i've opened in a short time but i'm discovering a lot of things these days!
I open this topic becouse i've discovered that in the TXM file, obtainable with the mmod2txm, there are some unused "slots" (the name of the points where the platform can be placed)... so i've tried with the King George V class and the result is amazing! I've found 10 unused slots: 40, 41,42, 43, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 54.
So i've made a new ship and i add platform in the slots from 40 to 43 and they work!!!!
Unfortunately these slots have a very strange position in the model and the fly above the deck....
So, anyone knows if it's possible to change this coords without corrupting the mmod file? I will try to do this but i don't know if it works yet....
In case that this doesn't work, have you any suggestion for how we can use this slots?

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_ult-king-1.png
http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_ult-king-2.png

P.s.: I just discovered that the slots 50 to 55 are occupied by other objects (sighting towers and radars)

The Dictator
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 563
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Unused platform slot: can we use them?

I've managed the South Dakota ship and i've got more lucky!
I've discovered 18 new position for AA!!!!! So if you want a more "filled" model these can be used!
that's the slot position with their numbers:

( maybe i could made some mistake of order where the slots are more concentrate)

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_04022016-1535_south.jpg
(the image has been updated with some adjustment, now it should be correct)

I rate that is important to know where and how much turrets can be placed in order to make more complete models  so if someone has some time to spend on it that could be very usefull for everyone!

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

And that's the South Dakota filled!!!!
(you can see the new AA in the front and near the rear turret)

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_South-2.png

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_South-1.png

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

The Dictator wrote:

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_South-2.png

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_South-1.png

Beautiful, just beautiful  ak

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
Activity Points: 10405
ranks
useravatar
1694 Posts
User info in posts

This is the download for the part of vehicleclasses.lua to add to put the New South Dakota in the game.
Just copy what is inside and paste it, you also have to modify the unitlib.lua (just copy the South Dakota part and change id and name) and make a copy of Class_7.mpak and rename it "Class_1130.mpak" (or whatever id you have choosen)

https://mega.nz/#!KEEmFa7K!_-yPXFfNCpDn … Ye4tRtTymY

I hope this would help in creating new maps ad

P.s.: naturally i've already edit all the rest angles and the windows of the new platforms!

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

Do you know that also the cargo transport and the fuel transport have 7 usable slots each but they use only 2 of them? I will add them to try how this reflects on campaign' s missions... if the developers of long odds are interested just tell me! XP

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

Nice work. I have an idea of searching for unused slots on Yamato to put even more guns on your Yamato SeaFortress.
EDIT: I just noticed that unused slots were already used on the 1945 Yamato. Ignore this post.

robi777
Commodore
Activity Points: 5422
ranks
useravatar
1000 Posts
User info in posts

No problem robi777!
I've notice that the models that have been released later already use all slots they have.
Probably the unused slots have been removed in the development phase of the game because they made the units unattackable by planes or make the game too heavy.

Every suggestion is accepted, even if it's already done

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

The Dictator wrote:

como lograste hacer eso, haz un tutorial  ag

luisrn
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 885
ranks
useravatar
99 Posts
User info in posts

The Dictator wrote:

Probably the unused slots have been removed in the development phase of the game because they made the units unattackable by planes or make the game too heavy.

I wish Pandemic can understand this as the reason the 1945 Yamato will not be unlockable. Imagine playing IC with 1200CP. THe enemy has the 1945 Yamato unlocked and you did not select a BB unlock. 3-4 of these ships are charging your base. They will shred your surface forces and blast all 12 your plane squads to hell before they can even take evasive maneuvers. The Yamato 1945 belongs in its dedicated Operation Ten-Go mission and nowhere else.

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1694 Posts
User info in posts

http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/f … p=9#p24495
Look at page 9 (post 133) and page 10 (post 137).

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1694 Posts
User info in posts

I had seen that discussion, that's why when i discovered the mmod to TXM i used it for searching the unused slots. I know very well what you mean with the op units in IC, (i made always very powerfull units) but i think that's a problem that can be solved in other ways, for example to make the unit cost very high, the ship really slow, the guns easy to destroy, vulnerable by torpedoes, etc...

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

The Dictator wrote:

I had seen that discussion, that's why when i discovered the mmod to TXM i used it for searching the unused slots. I know very well what you mean with the op units in IC, (i made always very powerfull units) but i think that's a problem that can be solved in other ways, for example to make the unit cost very high, the ship really slow, the guns easy to destroy, vulnerable by torpedoes, etc...

Or put all of them in a map where they can slaughter each other

Axis_Crusher
BSmodHQ/Riot Police
ranks
useravatar
1694 Posts
User info in posts

just discovered that the Atlanta has 2 unused slots that probably were thought as torpedo launcher positions and subsequently removed. In the web i found that Atlanta Class had torpodoes but they were in a different position, more precisely, almost where is the lateral 5'' artillery in the BSP version of the ship and the real artillery position was where is the AA bofors 40mm.
If someone wants to make an accurate layout of the ship (it could be usefull for Long Odds) this changes should be done, and maybe the AA could be moved in the platform on the rear of the ship.
I'm not able to do this at the moment but an american cruiser with torpedoes would be fantastic!

http://battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/18465/mini_atlanta.png

P.s.: i've used the 5'' artillery to spotting the new slots, just because their model are already in the mpak of the ship and they are easier to see than torpedo launcher

The Dictator
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
85 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
ngan34017136902821
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 19 hours, 39 minutes ago
  • N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
  • Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
  • Runsva : Anyone there??
  • Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
  • Runsva : If that hepls...
  • Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
  • YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
  • Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
  • Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
  • Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
  • Runsva : Game*
  • Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
  • Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

BusyOCAMPO Send PM
birthday is today!

samuraj Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 01 March 2017

Gabriel_03 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 02 March 2017

TorpedoFish Send PM
birthday will Friday, 03 March 2017