Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

End of Eidos Hungary studios?

End of Eidos Hungary studios?

I been seeing and hearing on the main Battlestations forum that Eidos Hungary studios got layed off and disbanded.

I dunno if this is true but I would like to use this topic to gather information and your thoughts about this.

Also if your asking what does this mean to you the player of BS:P and or (Doubt it) BS:M? Eidos's Hungary division is what made, develops and maintains Battlestations midway/pacific, if they are disbanded that would mean the end of update and support for the Battlestations series! Or worse the end of the Battlestations franchise!

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: End of Eidos Hungary studios?

Nooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!! ag

Realy I think that they working now  on new game BsA

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

No they not. Hungarnian language is most mysterious language for me, so i can't unbderstand that. At this moment - with all these language problems we really are in deep myst.

What that means for Midway fans ? Nothing. Eidos forgot about Midway long time ago.

More important that they  stopped their development for Pacific. In ther hand, they concentrated on commercial units, maps etc etc and gives nothing for free to the community. No patch, no new free mappack... so for Pacific guys this means no more commercial add-ons.

Hey, that's  the only thinking. In fact, we know nothing. I can only say, battlestations.eu will be there for a long time. Whatever Eidos Hungary exists or not.

PS: And will be supported and improved. I just like that site and game ab This gives me a lot of knowledge I can use on my other comercial sites.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Well I used a translator to read the article and responses but yes Eidos did forgot BSM and we stepped up to fill the requirement and I do believe in the future we can also make BSP maps and units. According to mycoldman sales were substantially below expected for BSP and for GFW something less then half of BSP players downloaded the map and unit packs DLC but there was also a thread on whether Eidos left these out of the game but this is of controversy because the game by itself seems actually incomplete but to get the full game you need to buy DLC but this has not been proven yet. But back to topic Adi said that they are making BSA I really doubt that they will since it probably will not even cover production costs. What has Eidos really released for BSP thats free?And Iowa was only free for us because PC BSM came out far later then console BSM.

I mean people that are interested in WWII games go out and buy SH4 or CoD WaW since SH4 has tons of mods which make your money worth it and Activison has already released 2 free map packs, and perhaps the third free too. Or they can get BF2 and 3 expansion packs for $20 and play for hundreds of hours online on massive multiplayer maps and plus BS series seems to have a bleak future so that goes back to topic Eidos will probably stop doing anything for BS fans paid or not. But if BS franchise does end there are hundreds of good games out there.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

That's the exactly I expected. No answer or no help. But when we like Midway style, I still think we should fisnish our mod.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Same here, I expected a greedy company to deny assistance to outside sources unless they get some $$$ out of it.

But its such a shame to let go such an innovative game style that no other game has.

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

And the easy conclusion is: we should finish our mod without watching for any help from Eidos or whatever.

I didn't asked them for help with site ag

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Yes we are absolutely not going to get even a patch free from Eidos so I really doubt they're going to help us in making their games better also we should copyright this map pack someone doesn't steal it and say he made it and sells it for money.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Huh - but how we can copyright this. I think this should be discussed a little but with new thread. We talking about Midway mod in Pacific category ab

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

We should create an agreement at the setup of map pack that says you can not claim this as yours, change it, etc etc. That'll be good enough.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

hmm...i have a lot to catch up right now ae
1) i hope that EIDOS studios Hungary stays alive and kickin'
2) how does that copyright thing work?

Xfire: thyske
Xbox Live: M0n3yBE
Battlestations: Midway (PC) : M0n3yBE
Company of Heroes : M0n3y

M0n3y
God.
Activity Points: 1943
ranks
useravatar
1141 Posts
User info in posts

Unfortunately they are not alive and kicking...seems they fired most of the Hungary team.......
Copyright thing is just the agreement that you agree to when installing a game on your computer(thats the easist way to explain there are tons more copyrights)and it says don't change the game and sell as your own, don't copy the game, etc etc...

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Katarya wrote:

Unfortunately they are not alive and kicking...seems they fired most of the Hungary team.......

I hope they didn't fire the coffee boy yet!

Support me on Twitter!

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Yes the coffee boy is still there. Want to hire him? ae

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

yes!

pillyGG
useravatar

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Lilliansoymn
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 2 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday is today!

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM