Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

new map idea

new map idea

alright b4 i post idea i wanna no since i cant play BSM right now (im most likely trading in my BSP or selling it for money to get a new BSM for PC) i wanna no if i can become an official map designer (i make ideas) tell me if i can plz cuz i wanna help move forward BSM

Map Idea: Battle of the Medditerean Sea (kinda alternate history ull understand)

Story: The Nazi regime in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East finally ended in mid 1945. But the Kido Butai was at full strength and was at full power. Pushing the Americans back to Hawaii and invasion force heading for Honolulu was radioed by Admiral Isamu Takashita stop at bay in San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge is now a fold brige). Admiral Kimmel and Admiral Nimitz meet on the new Japanese Supercarrier Osaka ( a whopping 90,000 tons with secondary artillery 10 in. 50 AA guns on either side capable of 25 knots and capable of holding 300 planes. With the new American technology they developed helecopters and flew an Apache over. After hours of negotiation the Americans and Japanese finally reached an agreement. The United States would supply the Japanese navy with oil. And the Japanese would not invade anymore of the American Empires territories such as Panama Canal Hawaii or Alaska. The United States carrier fleet was just as strong as the Kido Butai with 5 Supercarriers (could not alter balance in the pacific cause they were just finished and were on their way through Panama Canal) to the Japanese 3. The Supercarriers were defending Hawaii and Alaska with Battleships at Panama Canal. The U.S sent a fleet over the the Medditereanean to help against the remaining Nazi forces in the Balkans. Japan who was moving into the area with the original Kido Butai forces ( supercarriers invading the Soviet Union) thought the United States was mobilizing for an attack. Japan sent 30 Kates carrying light bombs on reconasaince to check and bombed the Frankliln (the only newer carrier for the Americans there) and docked at Crete to be reparied. 4 Days later the 2 forces met in the Medditereanean to battle it out. (THIS IS AN ALL CARRIER BATTLE I WILL SOON POST SOME NAMES FOR THE CARRIERS AND IM TYPING BIG SO U NOTICE)

Units U.S:
Player 1: CV,CV,CV
Player 2: CV,CV,CV
Player 3: CV,CV,CV
Player 4: CV,CV,CV

Units Japan:
Player 5: CV,CV,CV
Player 6: CV,CV,CV
Player 7: CV,CV,CV
Player 8: CV,CV,CV

Objectives U.S

Sink the Japanese Carriers
Your Carriers must survive

Objectives Japan:

Sink American Carriers
Your Carriers must survive

again i will post names and p.s im pretending the U.S navy and Kido Butai had this many carriers but i may switch it to one side ALL CVS and the other ALL BBS

Edited By: beast09
24-Aug-09 23:47:01

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: new map idea

I recommend that you choose another Japanese admiral, other than Yamamoto.  He was killed April 18, 1943 when a G4M Betty that was transporting him for inspection of the Solomon Islands was shot down by P-38 Lightnings  (Operation: Vengence).  Since this map takes place in 1945, Why don't you use Admiral Isamu Takashita instead.  He is one of the more...obscure Admirals, and it would be nice to see someone using a less well known Admiral in these maps, to show that in this day and age, there are still some people that have an appreciation for history.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

i no tht... but its kinda different history where the U.S has had no major offensives in the Pacific

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Just suggesting... nothing more.  After all, this is your map, not mine.  But it would still be nice to see that

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Yes not a lot of people know about Takashita, Yamaguchi, or Gunichi for that matter.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

In fact, the way I see it, if people aren't very schooled in WWII, they MIGHT know 2 admirals:

Isoroku Yamamoto
Chuichi Nagumo

If they have some schooling, that list MIGHT increase to four:

Jisarobo Ozawa
Takeo Kurita

If they have a lot of schooling, it then MIGHT increase to 8:

Tamon Yamaguchi
Shoji Nishimura
Kiyohide Shima
Seiichi Ito

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

If they are extremely schooled though make that 10 with 2 more admirals
1. Mikawa
2. Mineichi Koga

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Gunichi Mikawa and Mineichi Koga?

All I know about them is that Koga was killed in '44 when his H8K crashed during a typhoon and Mikawa played a vital role in the Battle of the Bismarck Sea

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Mikawa was the winner of Savo island. Koga was one of the commanders of the IJN in WW2(Others being Yamamoto and Toyoda) he was also commander of naval forces that supported the landings while the taking of Hong Kong. They are not very known admirals.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

i no all those admirals but back on topic i changed admiral thingy but u havent gave ur opinions on my map...

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Oh, sorry Beast, I got a little carried away on that.
Now, the important stuff,
Well, you map sounds like a very good idea, but its gonna be a little tough pictureing it without a map draft (I know I'm starting to sound like everyone else who has said that).  Other than that, this sounds like a great idea.  Maybe this map could get created, if we ever learn to add new units to Midway (Check Beast's other thread on that topic, I got a whole list of potential new units)

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

you bet u do triviaman u posted 3 times!!! and its just 12 carriers maybe 16 maybe even 20 carriers on opposite sides of the map and that just  bomb the living hell out of eachother

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Sorry about that.  Its just that...
the 1st time was mainly recieved with aggrivation
the 2nd time was better, but it was incomplete
the 3rd, and current list, is the present list we have.  Like Walt Disney said about Disneyland, it may never be completed, because there will always be something new (That is, until we run out of ideas)

And about the all out carrier battle concept, 2 things

1.  So, this will essentially be Operation MI on steroids?
2.  You sure you dont want to do something else to make it uniqer?  Because I have been thinking of proposing a map that is essentially an 80% historically accurate version of the Battle of the Philippene Sea, which was the largest carrier battle in the history of warfare, but I can drop that idea at any time

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Well I am making this map right now but to do that I need 2 pieces of info 1 how many carriers there are and 2 what are their names?

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Well the map is mostly done all I need to do is set objectives and take care of a few things in lobby. I also need to Alpha test please contact me on Skype to Alpha test tomorrow. Heres a picture. I couldn't betatest today but hope to do it tomorrow.

Now this is only how it looks in lobby
http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/167/succesful-map.JPG

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Dickson47
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 3 weeks, 5 days ago
  • N_Trainz : it shouldn't crash any of the IJN missions, just one mission has the history of crashing in the Challenge missions 2, I don't know the name as its been a while I last loaded this mod
  • alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
  • N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
  • Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
  • N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
  • N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
  • Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
  • Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
  • N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
  • Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
  • N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
  • Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

shn_mrtn Send PM
birthday is today!

Vendi_HUN Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

Admiral Luke Send PM
birthday will Monday, 29 May 2017