Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

new map idea

new map idea

since some1 already made a different version of my map i cant make the battle of the medditerenean sea.... so i will make a new one following the same story but i will retype it but with different ending and different location........... viewer discretion advised

map name: Battle of the Pacific Ocean

story: the nazi regime in europe ended but rebellions of remaining nazis still took place. the united states being pushed back to hawaii and alaska were losing the war in the pacific severly and called for a conference with the  japanese government on a new supercarrier the japanese made the IJN Osaka. While Osaka and the other 2 supercarriers went for hawaii ( IJN Yamamto, and IJN Tokyo) they were radioed by admiral takashia. he told them to abandon course ordered the troop transports to retreat and the fleet to anchor outside of san francisco bay. hours after arrival a new flying machine (helicopter) aka the Apache in american terms (just a breed of helicopter but only helicopter at the time) landed on the deck of the IJN Osaka. after hours of negotiation the Japanese left and admiral heart and admiral fletcher said that they negioated a peace treaty and japan would not invade anymore american provinces in exchange for oil. the united states also in possesion of CVs ( USS Forgiveness , USS Freedom, USS Liberty, USS Tolerance, and USS  Independece... note the light carrier was renamed into bogue class with all of independence class light carriers; all carriers are named after religious and political laws USS Forgiveness and USS Tolerance being religous and USS Independence, USS Liberty, and USS Freedom being political). were protecting pacific provinces of the US from japanese betrayal. The old fleet consisting of USS Lexington, USS Saratoga, USS Enterprise, and USS Yorktown (note us removed carriers from pacific to protect them) with battleships New York and Pennsylvania at their side, moved to the red sea to crush the retreating kriegsmarine destroyers and cruisers. japanese were moving up to the suez canal to capture it and establish a foothold in the middle of the world. when japanese patrols came by they were alarmed to see a fleet of american ships moving towards their fleet. armed with light bombs they bombed the carriers and were forced to retreat but sent in a attack wave with heavy bombs and torpedos to disable jap carriers but the japs launched a final attack and sunk the last CA and DD of the U.S fleet just after they destroyed Jap CA and DD. The Battle of the Red Sea begins. But just before both sides recieved battleships reinforcements ad

Units US:
Player 1: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 2: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 3: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 4: BB,BB,BB,BB

50/50 New York and Iowa Class just make up random names (ONE OF THE IOWAS HAS TO BE USS BEAST)

Units IJN:
Player 5: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 6: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 7: BB,BB,BB,BB
Player 8: BB,BB,BB,BB

50% Kongo, 40% Fuso, and 10 % Yamato ill explain later

Objectives:
U.S: Sink Jap BBs
One of your BBs must survive

IJN: Sink U.S BBs
One of your BBs must survive

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: new map idea

well about the names part, for Carriers War, i put like yorktown 01 02 03.... so when I need to put those somewhere else i won't skip any, or wrong order... but your way, going to look nicer in the game *GOOD*

useravatar

thx

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Beast, Nemoc

tipsy and i have been talking

these sorts of maps are NOT going to be in the mappack because they lack completely in originallity

nemoc, if you want to make a map, please make something original

Nobody is working  on thermpoly at the moment

thats a very good map idea, you can discuss it on the furom

beast

aldough your story is compelling it still doesn't change the fact that this map constis of only 4 differnet types of ship and therefore lacking in variaty
i'm sorry, but your gonna have to do better. there is to much spamming of the same units

im posting this in 2 differnt places so there is a better chance you'll read it

i'm trying to keep the mappack as original as possible, even dough we lack many means
so i have to saveguard the quality we can offer

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar

This  was just for fun I never even intended for it to be made

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Ah, i see

well i'm glad that you understand

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar

yes i do understand i was literally doing for fun and i actually did want to be made BUT NOT PUT IN MAPPACK as i just wanted to have some fun with these ideas ab

but your saying i could give the "rights" of this idea to someone and let them make it vary in units? cause im done with this

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

My new map idea : Cap Enganao

Tell me what you think about

Thanks

http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/72/mini_Cap-Enganao.jpg

http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/72/mini_Cap-Enganao-slots.jpg

Velcor
Activity Points: 128
ranks
useravatar
643 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, one, its Engano, not Enganao.  Second, not a bad idea.  As someone who has designed a map that was actually built, I think this is a good map... but now I can't propose a historiclly accurate Engano that I was thinking about doing once (it would never have worked out anyway)

(BTW, name the jap CV Zuikaku)

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Velcor wrote:

My new map idea : Cap Enganao

Tell me what you think about

Thanks

Well, I already explained you, in french forum, in details only default which I could find in this mape (unit/players).
But I want to re-tell it that this mape seems fantastic. A mape which you don't stay one hour, not so many unit.
it is exactelly what you told befor.
You have my double, triple vote !!!!!

BISMACK74
useravatar

BISMACK74 wrote:

You have my double, triple vote !!!!!

Thank you Bismark74 !

Velcor
ranks
useravatar
643 Posts
User info in posts

Velcor this isnt well placed or well balanced, take at look at the one US CV which is pretty close the to Yamato, its stuck between the 2 Jap fleets and its screwed beyond belief after the first 5 min since the Yamato will probably be close in range already, and even if it tries to escape the Yamatos task force can easily out run it.

2nd problem is that the Japanese have a far better surface force, the Yamato is supposedly better then the Iowa, you get an extra CA and have 2 CL's over 2 DD's the Americans get. Also that single sub wont get far, a single dive bomber with depth charges can finish it in one go or a persistent DD can have it stuck in one place and it wont get a shot at really effectively hitting/weakening the Yamato.

So my suggestion, move the CV, or downgrade the Japanese fleet, or upgrade the US on, cause if you dont, the Japanese are going to win every round 100%.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

But - with some reasons - that CV position can gives us more fun. Take a look, Japans MUST catch that CV to reduce US advantage is the sky. If not, - they will play against US air superiority. They MUST move Yamato and attack that CV. If they move only DDs and CLs, their attack can be stopped by USA planes.

So - if they move Yamato to attack, then they can make a mistake and expose Yamato to be torpedoing by submarine.

More options - more fun!!

And we can balance map a little after tests ae

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

admin wrote:

And we can balance map a little after tests

Of course this map must be tested. But i think it's can be good like that.

Velcor
ranks
useravatar
643 Posts
User info in posts

velcor hears an idea (not for making map better) since this one of my scrapped threads create your own threads about this

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
hilary5746
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM