Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

King george V overhaul

Poll
should we overhaul the king george V in the future?
yes,change it ( i hate it like it is now)
72% (8 votes)
no, leave it as it is (i like crappy UK battleships)
27% (3 votes)

Total : 11

Poll created on: 27-Aug-09 18:00:02

King george V overhaul

this is yust far  future talk but.....

the King George is arguementably the weakest bb in the entire BSM game ( minust the renown, maybe)

yet in reallity its more than 10000 tons heavyer than the new york meaning a lot more armor

but as it is now many ppl would pick the new york over the KGV anytime (myself included)

it does not  make sense that a bb that is so much heavyer and build about 25 years later than the New york would be this bad

and an other good arguement:

its the flagship of the Brittish navy

So even if we make new models of the game to add a new brittish battleship, it would  not make sense that it we made an older ship that would out perform the KGV

so that leaves 2 options

1.either we make all brittish battleships even crappier

or

2. we overhaul the KGV

*naturally this means the kgv will become to unbalanced for the titans map and  Indian ocean

but i have a solution
we replace it with another homemade bb with 10 cannons
this shouldn't cause crashes to anyone that does not have the changes to the map

(alddough i'll have to experiment with it in the future to be sure)

take your pick

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: King george V overhaul

Hmm - i'm not sure about option (Yes or No), and i'll put my vote later ab

IMO Prince of Wales isn't so bad battleship. It can be easy compared to any japanese battleship Kongo and Fuso class and can fight 1 vs 1. IMO only Renown class is clearly the underdog. Prince can also be repaired much more, than japanese battleships (when using tricks with repairs).

ar (PS these new emoticons are crazy bm

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Hmmm... If the King George V class isnt very good to some people, why don't we try to make another British BB unit?

I got it!  HMS Rodney and HMS Nelson, the Nelson class Battleship.  With a main battery of 9 16-inch guns in a 3x3 arrangement, it should be a decent unit!

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Now that represents a problem...a Nelson would be an equal with Iowa if we don't mod armor as it'll be 190 armor and 9 16 inch guns or a slower copy of the Iowa.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Ok...
then to make the Nelson class more...unique, we either have to make it slower or faster than Iowa, or have better or thinner armor than Iowa

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

I was thinking of a copy of Vanguard or we shall that UK had "access" to other Allied BBs so that opens up a massive range of other BBs I would say to match Fuso and others the Marat with 12 12in guns or the Courbet with similar armament. We should also perhaps help out the Japanese with some modded BBs resembling German BBs.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

i hate king george we definetely need a new bb to replace it... if we get new bb it would help on roflcopter's new map idea battle of the bahamas

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Well, if we want a new British BB, our choices are...

Queen Elizabeth class

Revenge class

Nelson class (What I suggested earlier)

HMS Vanguard

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

QUEEN ELIZABETH CLASS I LOVE THE WARPSITE!! or lets get a vanguard or nelson....................... o ya trivia since ur good at making good suggestions take a look at my friend roflcopter's map idea he needs help with it

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Its going to be too weak..8 guns=match for Kongo.....To make Nelson equal to Japanese BBs it must be have less then 180 armor(normal value for bbs) It should be stronger then KGV and as strong as Fuso.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, so... are we in agreement that we have decided on the Nelson class Battleship or what?  Because if you check my list on Beast09's post reguarding new units, we only got 3 British ships so far, and I'd like to increase that number to 4

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

PLZ STOP CALLING ME BEAST09!! its simple just call me beast or Beast if u wanna captalize it just dont put 09 if u say beast everyone who used the forum a lot will no who i am

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

I was planning on a predreadnought but they're way tooo powerful. For example Lord Nelson class(not Nelson class BB with 9 16 in guns) has 4 12 in 10 9.4 in. This makes 14 big guns total and as these guns can go through bb armor and fire faster the predreagnoughts are off this as in this game they would only have weak AA as weakness but would literally kick the ass of any BB we have in the game. But I am thinking of a platform to put the guns on. Thats usually what takes time in modding  ^^ for me

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

omg is it gonna take longer to make new units or decide on a new british bb?

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

lol beast (ps this is for triviaman i saw u proposed updates for aleutians and i thot they werr kick ass but du u think u can help me with my new map idea?? its called battle of the bahamas

roflcopter
Ensign
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM