Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

King george V overhaul

Poll
should we overhaul the king george V in the future?
yes,change it ( i hate it like it is now)
72% (8 votes)
no, leave it as it is (i like crappy UK battleships)
27% (3 votes)

Total : 11

Poll created on: 27-Aug-09 18:00:02

King george V overhaul

this is yust far  future talk but.....

the King George is arguementably the weakest bb in the entire BSM game ( minust the renown, maybe)

yet in reallity its more than 10000 tons heavyer than the new york meaning a lot more armor

but as it is now many ppl would pick the new york over the KGV anytime (myself included)

it does not  make sense that a bb that is so much heavyer and build about 25 years later than the New york would be this bad

and an other good arguement:

its the flagship of the Brittish navy

So even if we make new models of the game to add a new brittish battleship, it would  not make sense that it we made an older ship that would out perform the KGV

so that leaves 2 options

1.either we make all brittish battleships even crappier

or

2. we overhaul the KGV

*naturally this means the kgv will become to unbalanced for the titans map and  Indian ocean

but i have a solution
we replace it with another homemade bb with 10 cannons
this shouldn't cause crashes to anyone that does not have the changes to the map

(alddough i'll have to experiment with it in the future to be sure)

take your pick

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: King george V overhaul

Hmm - i'm not sure about option (Yes or No), and i'll put my vote later ab

IMO Prince of Wales isn't so bad battleship. It can be easy compared to any japanese battleship Kongo and Fuso class and can fight 1 vs 1. IMO only Renown class is clearly the underdog. Prince can also be repaired much more, than japanese battleships (when using tricks with repairs).

ar (PS these new emoticons are crazy bm

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Hmmm... If the King George V class isnt very good to some people, why don't we try to make another British BB unit?

I got it!  HMS Rodney and HMS Nelson, the Nelson class Battleship.  With a main battery of 9 16-inch guns in a 3x3 arrangement, it should be a decent unit!

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Now that represents a problem...a Nelson would be an equal with Iowa if we don't mod armor as it'll be 190 armor and 9 16 inch guns or a slower copy of the Iowa.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD5 as Katarya or Mr. K depending on what profile.
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.
Steam: Katarya

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
Activity Points: 597
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Ok...
then to make the Nelson class more...unique, we either have to make it slower or faster than Iowa, or have better or thinner armor than Iowa

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

I was thinking of a copy of Vanguard or we shall that UK had "access" to other Allied BBs so that opens up a massive range of other BBs I would say to match Fuso and others the Marat with 12 12in guns or the Courbet with similar armament. We should also perhaps help out the Japanese with some modded BBs resembling German BBs.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

i hate king george we definetely need a new bb to replace it... if we get new bb it would help on roflcopter's new map idea battle of the bahamas

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Well, if we want a new British BB, our choices are...

Queen Elizabeth class

Revenge class

Nelson class (What I suggested earlier)

HMS Vanguard

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

QUEEN ELIZABETH CLASS I LOVE THE WARPSITE!! or lets get a vanguard or nelson....................... o ya trivia since ur good at making good suggestions take a look at my friend roflcopter's map idea he needs help with it

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Its going to be too weak..8 guns=match for Kongo.....To make Nelson equal to Japanese BBs it must be have less then 180 armor(normal value for bbs) It should be stronger then KGV and as strong as Fuso.

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, so... are we in agreement that we have decided on the Nelson class Battleship or what?  Because if you check my list on Beast09's post reguarding new units, we only got 3 British ships so far, and I'd like to increase that number to 4

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

PLZ STOP CALLING ME BEAST09!! its simple just call me beast or Beast if u wanna captalize it just dont put 09 if u say beast everyone who used the forum a lot will no who i am

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

I was planning on a predreadnought but they're way tooo powerful. For example Lord Nelson class(not Nelson class BB with 9 16 in guns) has 4 12 in 10 9.4 in. This makes 14 big guns total and as these guns can go through bb armor and fire faster the predreagnoughts are off this as in this game they would only have weak AA as weakness but would literally kick the ass of any BB we have in the game. But I am thinking of a platform to put the guns on. Thats usually what takes time in modding  ^^ for me

Skype is Katarya4
Playing BSM as Katarya
BF-2 as Ratakarta
COD4 as Katarya
COD6 as Fearbunny.
COD7 as Fearbunny.
BFBC2 as Fearbunny.
NF as Katarya.

Katarya
Cute Doggy Man
ranks
useravatar
1179 Posts
User info in posts

omg is it gonna take longer to make new units or decide on a new british bb?

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

lol beast (ps this is for triviaman i saw u proposed updates for aleutians and i thot they werr kick ass but du u think u can help me with my new map idea?? its called battle of the bahamas

roflcopter
Ensign
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
70 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
ngan34017136902821
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 2 days, 1 hour ago
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
  • Runsva : Anyone there??
  • Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
  • Runsva : If that hepls...
  • Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
  • YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
  • Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
  • Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
  • Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
  • Runsva : Game*
  • Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
  • Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
  • Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
  • Runsva : and i copied every file to the mpak folder in the bsp directory, and when i try to run it it just crahes onthe main menu screen

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

BusyOCAMPO Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

samuraj Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 01 March 2017

Gabriel_03 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 02 March 2017