Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Flames of War: The Solomons (BSP Movie Series)
Flames of War: The Solomons (BSP Movie Series)
setting is island capture from volcano map pack
sides are japan and american imperialists (america in civil war)
story: a us imperialst navy (USIN) helldiver is patrolling japanese terriotries in the solomons on recon duty. japan who is at peace with america (not knowing of the civil war) dont suspect much. the plane (armed only with MGs no bombs or rockets) reports 1 jap BB, 2 CLs, and 3 DDs moving toward an airbase. the u.s laucnhes two northamptons two intercept them and kinda disable the japanese sea power in the area. along with the cas they launch as many waves of avengers as possible to sink the convoy. then when they see the northamptons they radio them and tell them to exit japanese waters but the northamptons open fire on the convoy and distract the convoy towards them. the avengers focus on the BB (a fuso) and suceed in sinking it (no reload have them land) the northamptons move into range and devastate the rest of the convoy. the japanese fleet was unable to get an S.O.S out and dont send support. the american imperialists launch bombing raids on the airbase the fleet was heading to and disable the base and all coastal guns and fortresses. then american LSTs appear on the horizon and invade and conquer the base. japan discovers of the civil war and declare war on American Imperialists. The Japanese launch two fusos to attack disable and then open a window for liberation on the airbase. But the us has brought the same northamptons and two south dakotas to reinforce the airbase... both cas were destroyed and a south dakota was diabled (but not sunk) but the us suceeded in defending the base. fletcher reinforcements come and skuttle the south dakota. the USIN was furious with there pathetic battle and new the fusos would be a threat. there was one main shipyard fusos were made from so the USIAF laucnhed massive air raids on docked Fusos and soon South Dakotas blockaded the island with Northamptons and fletchers giving them support. after a devasting blockade japan surrendered and the USIAF invaded the island by air. The japanese had received reinforcements from the American Democrats the other side of the civil war. they received two south dakotas and with them and superior air support destroyed the ships of the blockading force and took back the shipyards. with fusos and south dakotas japan raided and invaded the USIN's south dakota port by air and launched several mogamis to defend it. the main japanese battle force headed to take back their original airfeild and did so swiftly with only slight damage to a fubuki... the USIAF attempted to regain control but was humilatinly defeated. the japanse bb group attacked the rest of the USIAF airfeilds raiding one and invading the other... with 1 airbase the USIAF laucnhed a suicide attack on a south dakota heavily damaging it but unsucesfful in repellng another raid on the island as the airfield was disabled. japan took the airfeild and the american imperilaist forces surrendered all lands in the solomons
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post