Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Kraizen's Realism Mod

Kraizen's Realism Mod

Sorry i'm new and not too skilled with your mods ab

I downloaded file, then I installed Mod. And nothing changed. What else should I do to make it works ?

Travian
Seaman
Activity Points: 3
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Kraizen's Realism Mod

Nothing visual really is changed, but game stat wise it should have. Planes should fly faster, ships can fire farther ect ect ect.

In short if you arent able to flak over 2.0 MI then you didnt do it right ag

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

And You replaced your files ? After instalations You need

- backup you original files
- copy fresh installed files

And you did that ?

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Sorry. I just installed that mod. Can you guys explain more how to backup and copy these files? I'm using Vista.

Travian
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

Uuh... ok.

Right click on Play Battlestations Pacific icon. Choose Properties. Click on TAB called Shortcut. Click button Open File Location.

In new window enter folder mpak, then enter folder global.

Select icon Game_Global.mpak, press F2 and change name of this file to Backup_Game_Global.mpak.

Select icon GGame__OnInit.mpak, press F2 and change name of this file to Backup_GGame__OnInit.mpak

NOTE: For changing filename press F2, move cursor to adequate position using ARROW LEFT, add correct characters, press Enter.

Minimize that window. Now go to My Computer, enter Disk C, enter folder called Program Files, enter folder called BSPKMBeta0.2 Installer.

Click left mouse button on file Game_Global.mpak, press and hold left CTRL, click left mouse button of file GGame__OnInit.mpak. Unhold CTRL.
Click right mouse button on one of two selected icons, choose Copy.

Minimize that window, maximize previously maximized window, click right mouse button on some free space between icons and choose Paste.

Close all windows and start the Game. Mod is installed.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Making a new post on this, definiately a work in progress, but it relates to modding in general.

Kraizen
Seaman
Activity Points: 9
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

what does Kraizen's realism mod do exectly??? i already have some guesses (no target help, no reload on planes, no rapid fire like you dont have to wait for torps to reload) is that right???

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

It's working, thanks!

I found my gameplay changed! Installation is a little complicated for newbies like I am. Going to test now ag

Travian
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
User info in posts

The plane reload and also the autotargetting system is something I haven't played around with yet, plane reload once only is possible I think, but the autoaim is built into the game. I'll see if I can turn it off anywhere though.

From a developers perspective with the plane reloads, this could cause problems with certain scripted missions (for instance, the mission where you attack the cruiser with a catalina).

I think the first thing that I need to do, if I was to change that detail, would be to mount multiple bombs externally (to historically accurate loadouts) and disable the reloads. Then increase squadron sizes to inflict more damage. I.e. 5 vals with 2 150 kilo bombs each.

Kraizen
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

My big dream is a team which can modify Pacific to make more similar to Midway style. Just 2 fleets without unit spamming, auto aiming and planes reload. I think there is many guys interesting with that. But hard to make first steps.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Yeah I know what you mean, even though I have never played Midway (I should get it).

I've checked the files, and so far it looks like I can do the plane changes fairly easily, but I still need to figure out the other two (unit spamming and auto aim). Of the two I reckon the unit spamming is more easily fixed, based upon stuff i've read.

As for autoaim, i'll have to look into it, but I havent seen any obvious references to it in the configuration files ac

Kraizen
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Was there auto-aim on the PC version of BSP? I thought that was a Xbox thing. Never noticed it on the planes; just the little circle so you had help leading the target, but by no means 100% accurate. When I think of auto-aim, I'm thinking like console shooters where the crosshairs magically locks on a target when you get it close. Or is this something to do with the ship artillery being easier to aim than BSM? Didn't really consider it being auto-aim, just easier, but is that what you mean?

Kraizen, if it isn't possible to do the set piece style of Midway, would it be possible to limit the amount of times the points could cycle. For instance, if the points are set at 1200 (higher settings would be nice, though), could it be set so that the 1200 would only cycle three times for each player's portion for a maximum of 3600 points (ie. if there were 3 on a team, each person would get 400pts at first but be out of points when they reached their individual limit of 1200). So, even if there couldn't be a set starting fleet like BSM, there would still be a max limit of units you could purchase and it would put more worth on the individual units that the Midway players crave (they hate seeing no cost to losing expensive units).

http://www.battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/agent-x-wwii-pics-2b3a/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_phoca_thumb_l_Shinano2.jpg
BSM Name: AGENT_X    Skype Name: agent-86x    BF2 Name: Agent-86    WiC Name: AGENT X

AGENT X
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
142 Posts
User info in posts

Yea of course u have right - i just called "autoaim" that style of shooting, when playing PC version, where u need to aim (place crosshair) on a ship. In Midway You need to have more skill to hit enemy ship. Especially when You trying to ship from a far distance. Thats just my opinion after playing both.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

That's what I thought you talking about and, ya, it would be cool to make the ship artillery more like Midway. EST, what do you think of limiting the points if Midway set pieces aren't possible in BSP. Then, it would still place a value on your units and hurt when one is destroyed.

http://www.battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/agent-x-wwii-pics-2b3a/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_phoca_thumb_l_Shinano2.jpg
BSM Name: AGENT_X    Skype Name: agent-86x    BF2 Name: Agent-86    WiC Name: AGENT X

AGENT X
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
142 Posts
User info in posts

I've noticed the gunnery director tends to place every single round in the same spot of the sky, creating overlap at one very specific point for each type of projectile. What i'd like to understand is if I can slightly offset the fire to create more realistic spread.

Maybe i'm just good at aiming lol.

Btw, yes, looking into the set piece style now, people have been clamouring for it ab

Kraizen
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
hilary5746
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM