Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

BSP Strategywiki Guide Help

BSP Strategywiki Guide Help

Alright, this thread is to list the things I'm looking for to complete the Battlestations: Pacific guide and get it, along with the Midway guide, to Featured Status.

ACHIEVEMENT IMAGES

Unfortunately to all those with an Xbox, you must be a PC PLAYER in order to qualify to help me with this, as this necessitates a high image quality only PCs can provide. What I have currently is a small version of the achievement, obtained from the Xbox 360 achievement listing website.

Consider the current achievements for Stars and Stripes and Rising Sun.

What I have currently
http://media.strategywiki.org/images/6/68/BSP_achievement_Stars_and_Stripes.jpg http://media.strategywiki.org/images/3/3b/BSP_achievement_Rising_Sun.jpg

What I want
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/distant-thunder/BSPStarsAndStripes.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/distant-thunder/RisingSun.png

The above images were taken, via Print Screen on my PC, from the in-game achievements listing. As you can see, the images from the PC are of considerably higher quality. Obviously, however, I do not have all the achievements. I'm looking to obtain these images one way or another - if someone is willing to work with me online to obtain them, that's fine, but the more realistic option will be to find someone who already has these achievements, on PC, and can screencapture them for me.

I need the following achievements:

Island Hopping
    Victory Rush
    Tin Can Captain
    Fleet Commander
    Head of the Fleet
    Wrath of the Empire
    National Hero

ISLAND CAPTURE DATA

Anyone can help with this. All I need is someone - anyone, really - with a heck of a lot of patience to go through the Island Capture maps currently not covered (as of this writing, that is Clash, Serpent, Spine, Jaws, Status Quo, Coral, Volcano, Checkpoint, Midway, and Phillipines) and document each map's Headquarters and exactly what units it can spawn.

It is important to NOT USE THE COMMAND BUILDING FILTER. This is because the filter states each ship only once, and only as a class - it will not tell you what kind of light cruiser the base will spawn, for example - Cleveland or De Ruyter? Takao or Mogami? Most notably, King George V, Renown, New York, or South Dakota? I need exactly which bases spawn which.

That said, do not strain yourself in attempting to take over the enemy's start locations and bases that are too close to it. Many of the maps are symmetrical, with equivalent bases on opposite sides of the map. Please mention, when you list, what has been approximated and what has been confirmed.

As an example, for the map Dreadnought:

HQ 1:
Elco
F4F Wildcat
SBD Dauntless
TBF Avenger
B-17 Flying Fortress
PBY Catalina

(maybe)
A6M Zero
D3A Val
B6N Jill
G4M Betty
H6K Mavis

Note that while these are completely voluntary activities, I will choose what data to add ultimately. Data you provide may or may not be changed accordingly. If you wish to edit the guide on your own, you may do so, but be aware that as an admin of the site I still reserve the right to revert your work.

Edited By: Arrow
17-Oct-09 19:41:08

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...

Arrow
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: BSP Strategywiki Guide Help

y dont u look at some facts about them on google? ( i mean shooting star and kikka) they should give good details

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Inevitably the facts presented on Google about the Shooting Star and the Kikka are different from how it handles in BSP. The G4M1 (Betty) in real life, for example, could carry FOUR bombs at most.

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

oh... so BSP toyed around with many things to make the game more fun?

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Uh, yeah? You didn't know that? Planes are far more manoeuvrable, guns fire far quicker and have a ton shorter range...you don't black out when trying to pull hairpin turns...the list goes on.

But yeah, I'm looking for people willing to boost me so I can test out the jets.

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

I can help with Photoshop. If You have any job with this, just send me a PM. Also if You find any of photos in our gallery usefull, feel free to use it wherever You want.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

arrow i would help u with multiplayer BUT when i try to play the game it just comes up as a black screen ac i can hear music and i can interact but thats it i cant see

i could help u with a walkthrough for Ironbottom Sound (BSM map) me and trivia designed it and although i have not played it i did think up a strategy before it began production

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

If you have unlocked any of the listed BSP achievements, please view them in the Achievements tab under the Tactical Library. Then hit Print Scren, open Paint, save it as a PNG, and send it to me.

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

i told u i cant play it for some retarded reason ac...... if you would like help with the Midway Mod Mappack_1 Guide i would be glad to help you... especially Ironbottom Sound

the only one i have is hero of midway and that is becuz i beat midway and the comp read that i had so it put it as an achievement

beast09
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Hey, I never said anyone HAS to do it. This is just for those who WANT to and CAN.

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

Arrow, I may have some spare time next week to document some Island Capture data for you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but would it be quicker for me to do this in Skirmish Mode since the maps are the same. Do you also need to know where each of the unlocks can spawn? When I'm ready, I'll post which map I'm collecting data on, so we don't duplicate our efforts.

http://www.battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/agent-x-wwii-pics-2b3a/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_phoca_thumb_l_Shinano2.jpg
BSM Name: AGENT_X    Skype Name: agent-86x    BF2 Name: Agent-86    WiC Name: AGENT X

AGENT X
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
142 Posts
User info in posts

You can approximate the unlocks. For example, if you look at a spawn list you'll find that ASW Fletchers and Allens spawn together wherever there's a destroyer. Take a look at what can spawn what, and if you see any odd unlocks then pick them and see what bases can spawn it. For example, I know there're several bases I've done that can spawn Atlantas, but not Clevelands or De Ruyters.

And yes, Skirmish works just fine. I've collected all the data I currently have from Skirmish.

Also, if you find any weird glitches (see Volcano Medium) be sure to post 'em up. =P

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

Hey Arrow. On the BS.net forums, I saw that you were looking for the Repair for your Life achievement, but you don't have it listed above. Were you able to get a pic? If not, I have it for you.

http://www.battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/agent-x-wwii-pics-2b3a/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_RepairForYourLife.jpg

http://www.battlestations.eu/images/phocagallery/agent-x-wwii-pics-2b3a/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_phoca_thumb_l_Shinano2.jpg
BSM Name: AGENT_X    Skype Name: agent-86x    BF2 Name: Agent-86    WiC Name: AGENT X

AGENT X
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
142 Posts
User info in posts

That works well! Thanks, Agent!

I intend to update the achievement images with these improved versions once I get all of them. I like the guide looking uniform, y'know.

Arrow
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
39 Posts
User info in posts

OK Arrow, I'm going to squeeze some time this week to help you out with some Island Capture data. From your wiki, I see 5 maps are still red (Serpent, Spine, Jaws, Status Quo, and Coral). I guess I'll start with Coral and work in reverse order unless you'd like to assign a specific map to me. Oh, one other question: do you prefer that I post the info I get here or send it to you a PM?

AGENT X
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
142 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
sheila38a272400036225
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 day ago
  • N_Trainz : it shouldn't crash any of the IJN missions, just one mission has the history of crashing in the Challenge missions 2, I don't know the name as its been a while I last loaded this mod
  • alantay11 : Gdrive mod crashes when i try to load a mission in ijn campaign?
  • N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
  • Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
  • N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
  • N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
  • Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
  • Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
  • N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
  • Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
  • N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
  • Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

Adm2805 Send PM
birthday will Tuesday, 02 May 2017