Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

BSM Modding Q&A

BSM Modding Q&A

I may have a few questions about modding BSM in the future, So instead of spamming up the forum with several threads.. I figured it would be best to have one topic for any questions that come up, and to everyone else new to BSM modding.. feel free to ask your questions here as well.

First question: Where is the display pic for a mission stored?  ex: Raid on Truk has the pic of Truk Atoll, and jap ships in the distance.

Damned Machine
useravatar
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: BSM Modding Q&A

Damned Machine wrote:

First question: Where is the display pic for a mission stored?  ex: Raid on Truk has the pic of Truk Atoll, and jap ships in the distance.

/gui/textures/frontend

You can recognise mission by number and by name. Just take a look for names of Targa files in this folder, forget about fe_missionfoto

mm*.tga means multiplayer mission

am*.tga means single player campaign mission

NOTE: replace * with numbers.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

I see, I completely over looked the Abbreviations for that... thanks!

I altered might of Yamato, so instead of running the AI ships come straight for you ( I moved the navpoint..etc ) and I gave them some heavier ships to protect the CV's. 

It's just a shame that you cant have all of a missions images in it's mpak instead of GVMainMenu.

Damned Machine
useravatar

With some reasons its more easy way to us for replacing/adding these files, so personally i like that solution ab

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Is there a limit to how many maps you can make

SuperE
Ensign
Activity Points: 16
ranks
useravatar
56 Posts
User info in posts

If there is a limit, it possibly could be changed via exe edit or maybe even dll injection... you might consider asking someone over at  DCoder's coding realm

Damned Machine
useravatar

Is this the correct names to use for template and type?  I keep getting errors.. and yes the models, textures, sounds, bullets. are all where they need to be.

entity "B-25 Bomber" (PlaneSquadronGen) {
  localframe 0.7813 0.0000 -0.6242 0.0000 0.0000 1.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.6242 0.0000 0.7813 0.0000 -7104.0684 1200.0000 1606.5737 1.0000 ;
  template "USA\AIR\B-25 Mitchell" ;

properties (Common, GameUnit, PlaneSquadronWNavpoint, Command)  {
    "Command" {
      CommandTarget = R "" ;
    }
    HomeBase = R "" ;
    Race = E Races : USA  ;
    Type = E PlaneClasses : B-25 Mitchell  ;
    Velocity = F 300.0000 ;
    WingCount = E PlaneWingCount :" 4" ;
  }
}

NEVERMIND problem resolved, I missed a few other tags as well so it should be like this:

entity "B-25 Mitchell" (PlaneSquadronGen) {
  localframe -0.8988 0.0000 -0.4384 0.0000 0.0000 1.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.4384 0.0000 -0.8988 0.0000 -8384.7656 1000.0000 8437.4990 1.0000 ;
  template "USA\AIR\B-25 Mitchell" ;

properties (Common, GameUnit, PlaneSquadronWNavpoint, Command)  {
    "Command" {
      CommandTarget = R "" ;
    }
    Equipment = E  EquipmentIndex : 1  ;
    HomeBase = R "" ;
    Race = E  Races : USA  ;
    SubType = E  UnitCategories : Levelbomber  ;
    Type = E  PlaneClasses : Mitchell  ;
    Velocity = F 400.0000 ;
    WingCount = E  PlaneWingCount :" 3" ;
  }
}

Damned Machine
useravatar

Damned Machine, a lot of us here use Skype and is on it quite often, if you have any questions use that instead one of us is usually on to answer your questions

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Alright I have skype, guess I have a use for it now...

Damned Machine
useravatar

Hello everyone,

I have been learning how to mod maps for just about 2 months now. I can't say I fully understand it but I have made some progress.  I currently have a few maps in the works. Palawan Passage is closest to being done. I'm sure many things can and should be changed for many reasons such as units,position of units and historical accuracy if it matters to you or maybe it's just not a good map to work with.
So I could really use some input from you guys and some help with assigning key units in the .lua file. I can make all files available if you like.

I started with the .lua from mm2 but instead of the Japanese and the Dreadnought being the key unit with the mission target point. I wanted to reverse it so the Allied had the target point but how do I add more than 2 units for the Allies.  Thankyou for any help.

-- objective watching   
    if Mission.AlliedUnit[1].Dead and Mission.AlliedUnit[2].Dead  then
    -- japanese wins
        if not TrulyDead(Mission.AlliedUnit[1]) then
            luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[1], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_JAPANESE)
        else
            luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[2], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_JAPANESE)
        end
        luaObj_Completed("primary", 1)
        luaObj_Completed("primary", 3)
        luaObj_Failed("primary", 2)
        luaObj_Failed("primary", 4)
        Mission.MissionEnd = true   
    elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[1].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[1], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
        -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[1], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
        luaObj_Completed("primary", 2)
        luaObj_Completed("primary", 4)
        luaObj_Failed("primary", 1)
        luaObj_Failed("primary", 3)
    elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[2].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[2], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
    -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[2], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
    elseif table.getn(luaRemoveDeadsFromTable(Mission.JapaneseHeavyUnit)) == 0 then                            
    -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.JapaneseHeavyUnit[1], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
    else
        Mission.JapaneseHeavyUnit = luaRemoveDeadsFromTable(Mission.JapaneseHeavyUnit)

end
end

Asus M2N Sli Deluxe - AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.2Ghz - OCZ 120GB SSD - 4GB Kingston Hyper-X - EVGA GTX260 - Creative XFI

HyTech
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 27
ranks
useravatar
29 Posts
User info in posts

Hmm... i think it's time to take you from open forum to our hidden forum.

The main idea for that is we are not sure it's good to publish open code on open forum. You know - 9 guys will use that for modding, one for cheating, and that's the reason we are scared a little ae

I'll ask core team about that.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

OK : How many US key units do you need ?

More on hidden forum.

Velcor
Activity Points: 128
ranks
useravatar
643 Posts
User info in posts

I wanted 4 Allied key units in total.  Is it as easy as this.

if Mission.AlliedUnit[1].Dead and Mission.AlliedUnit[2].Dead and Mission.AlliedUnit[3].Dead and Mission.AlliedUnit[4].Dead then

then something like this. Sorry about posting code move or remove if you need to.

elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[1].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[1], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
        -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[1], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
    elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[2].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[2], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
    -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[2], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[3].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[3], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
        -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[3], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)
    elseif not Mission.AlliedUnit[4].Dead and luaGetDistance(Mission.AlliedUnit[4], Mission.TargetPoint) < 500 then
    -- allied wins
        luaMissionCompletedNew(Mission.AlliedUnit[4], "", nil, nil, nil, PARTY_ALLIED)

Asus M2N Sli Deluxe - AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.2Ghz - OCZ 120GB SSD - 4GB Kingston Hyper-X - EVGA GTX260 - Creative XFI

HyTech
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 27
ranks
useravatar
29 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
brandonmcmullen40
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
  • Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
  • N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
  • N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
  • Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
  • Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
  • N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
  • Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
  • N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
  • Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
  • N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
  • Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
  • N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
  • Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
  • N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
  • N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
  • Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
  • Runsva : Anyone there??
  • Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.

Only registered users are allowed to post

Now Online

None

Birthdays

Admiral Andy76 Send PM
birthday was Wednesday, 22 March 2017

eveningevening Send PM
birthday was yesterday

Adi_POL Send PM
birthday will tomorrow

Thedivingmongoose Send PM
birthday will Friday, 31 March 2017