Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Re: Mission Editor
Midway has no editor - that's the reason people thinks this game can't be modded. It's probably intentionally by Eidos. They wants to have full control. So I think situation will be similar with pacific. Look - they released 3 new add-ons for Pacific in 2 months, all of them are "you must pay if you want to play". As far as I know there is only one tool, called BSPRipper. You can find it on Google.
Re: Mission Editor
That software can open MPAK files (both Pacific and Midway uses MPAK archives to store game files). Can also build new MPAK after user modification.
EXTRACTING GAME FILES
First you must open the game's .MPAK file to display the files contained in the .MPAK.
1. Click the "Open Game .MPAK File" button and browse to the game's .MPAK file you wish to work on.
A file list of the .MPAK is presented in the File List box. These are the files contained in the .MPAK.
Select the file or files you wish to extract. To start, "Select All" is the best option because all files must be extracted if you ever wish to repack an .MPAK. However, individual files may be extracted at any time.
2. Click the "Extract Selected File(s)" button to extract the selected files.
The proper game folder tree will be created with the extracted files resident.
3. Click the "Open Folder" button to view the files.
Most (98%) game graphics are in .DDS format. For some reason, the internal .MPAK file list usually refers to them as .TGA in the file extension. For instance, the File List box reference to "bofors.tga" is actually "bofors.dds" when the graphic file itself is extracted. When modding graphics, be sure to stick to the same file type, i.e., make sure your modded "bofors.dds" is resaved in .DDS format and not in .TGA format.
.LUA files are script files. They can be modified at you pleasure. Some are mission scripts, some are general scripts, some are device characteristics, and many more. If you encounter a file with the .MWZ extension, it is a compiled .LUA script. It is not modifiable or decompressible. If you would like to learn the .LUA scripting language, see http://www.lua.org/.
.MMOD files are the model files. The unit originals are found in the "Class" .MPAKs, but .MMODs of other game models are found elsewhere too. Click the "List Model Graphics" button and browse to an .MMOD file and a list of the graphic files associated with the model are displayed. Remember, .TGA is .DDS!
Finally, a word about the "Library" folder you will find in the BSP Ripper application folder. The first time you unpack a game's .MPAK file, a table of contents (TOC, .toc) file for the .MPAK will be created and saved to the Library folder. A sub-table of contents file (STOC, .stoc) is usually created as well. These are important files which will be used in the packing process when you pack a new .MPAK. They contain references to the original game files. It is not generally necessary to modify the .toc file. If the .toc file or the .stoc file become corrupted, delete both, then reopen the game's ORIGINAL .MPAK to recreate them. The .stoc file can be user-modified under certain circumstances, and you can choose to maintain the .stoc file yourself when adding new files to the game. Easier (though it is experimental and not foolproof) is to allow BSP Ripper to automatically add the new files to the .MPAK STOC when the .MPAK is packed. .toc and .stoc files are just text files, and can be opened in any text editor. Have a look if you wish. Some notes can be found in each which document their makeup.
Re: Mission Editor
If you want to edit BS:P You need the ripper, it allows you to access the MPAK files to change in-game graphics and unit stats, you said you wanted to mod BS:P and this is the tool to do it.
Support me on Twitter!
Re: Mission Editor
That ripper is the only way, which let You modify Pacific game, because there is no editor. You can also ask C06alt and Kraizen - authors of existing Paicifc mods - about software they used for modding the game, but i'm almost sure they made their mods with BSPRipper and text editor.
Re: Mission Editor
hmm... it is possible to create an editor using the decryption code of the bsp ripper since i found out that all map based files are written in plain text after ripping it with the bsp ripper therefore the only thing is no one with adequate programming knowledge to create an editor is interested in BSP. Well all exept the mmod file can be edited which i think can be decoded using a cryptgen (if u dont know what this is google it).
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post