Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Things have been found since Mappack 1 : Name in Main menu, multulanguage, nav file for crash planes.
So there is a question we need to find an answer : must we create a 'Mappack 1.1' or not. And if we create it, what must we create ?
There are several ways.
1) Do nothing : Mappack1 stay Mappack1. That's all, and sure to keep compatibility.
2) Do a Mappack 1.1 with multilanguage for all maps of Mappck1..
So it's possible to have a version witch will be full compatible with Mappack1 and Mappack2.
This version will contain same lan file than Mappack2. and all .nav file upgrade.
So if Mappack1.1 is upgrade after Pappack2, no problem. Map of Mappack1 can be play with map of Mappack1.1. this soluce is Full compatible.
But with this version, Main menu will show 'Mop Map' again. impossible to know if host chose 'IBS' or 'Ten-Go'.
3) do a mappack 1.1 with Multilanguage, new nav file and new MainMenu.
This soluce give the better result because Mainmenu wil not show 'Mod Map' but 'Irron Botton Sound' or 'Ten-Go' or other name. But ...
Someone who have Mappack1 won't be able to join a map if the host chose a map of Mappack1.1 because he will see the server 'in gray'. He can play the map if he is on the server. But need to join on map witch is not a map from Mappack1.
So who have Mappack1 must download Mappack1.1, and all will be right.
4) same than 3), but with 1 new map inside.
5) include Mappack1.1 in Mappck2. Same result and same problem than soluce 4). But this download file will be big : about 700MB.
What i think :
Soluce 1) is easy but bad result.
Soluce 2) it's the minimum. No problem with compatibility. So download Mappack1.1 can replace Mappack1 and all will run well.
Soluce 3) is the optimun result. But who will download this Mappack ? Who don't speak english. For who speak english : it's alomost the same. So 'gray title' will stay a long time in the game.
Soluce4) the best soluce. There is a new map in this Mappack. So Everybody who have Mappack1 - so know how to do to to have a Mappack : Going on battestations.eu - will download this version.
Soluce 5) too heavy. Why Download in 1 time ? Can be do in 2 times : Mappack 1.1 and Mappack 2. Full compatibility. Mappack2 can be download before Mappack1.1.
I think we have to choose between 2) and 4)
Give yours !
Re: Mappack 1.1
First of all we should focus on one Map pack at a time, first lets finish up our current work, then we can go back to fix up some of the minor things in the 1st map pack.
As it stands the 1st map pack works fine, sure there are minor errors and its missing some of the new language stuff from the 2nd one but overall its very well playable, there is no need to fix it immediately.
Support me on Twitter!
Re: Mappack 1.1
In fact, if we want full compatibility, need to know now what we want. Some files need to be the same in Mappack1.1 and Mappack2. Or Mappack2 will can't be instal after Mappack1.1.
And multilanguage isn't a little thing. For you : sure you speak english and the alone version is in English. But i hate to play an english game. I am not alone.
If we don't decid now, the result will be : no Mappack1.1, and no multilanguage for Mappack1.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post