Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Things have been found since Mappack 1 : Name in Main menu, multulanguage, nav file for crash planes.
So there is a question we need to find an answer : must we create a 'Mappack 1.1' or not. And if we create it, what must we create ?
There are several ways.
1) Do nothing : Mappack1 stay Mappack1. That's all, and sure to keep compatibility.
2) Do a Mappack 1.1 with multilanguage for all maps of Mappck1..
So it's possible to have a version witch will be full compatible with Mappack1 and Mappack2.
This version will contain same lan file than Mappack2. and all .nav file upgrade.
So if Mappack1.1 is upgrade after Pappack2, no problem. Map of Mappack1 can be play with map of Mappack1.1. this soluce is Full compatible.
But with this version, Main menu will show 'Mop Map' again. impossible to know if host chose 'IBS' or 'Ten-Go'.
3) do a mappack 1.1 with Multilanguage, new nav file and new MainMenu.
This soluce give the better result because Mainmenu wil not show 'Mod Map' but 'Irron Botton Sound' or 'Ten-Go' or other name. But ...
Someone who have Mappack1 won't be able to join a map if the host chose a map of Mappack1.1 because he will see the server 'in gray'. He can play the map if he is on the server. But need to join on map witch is not a map from Mappack1.
So who have Mappack1 must download Mappack1.1, and all will be right.
4) same than 3), but with 1 new map inside.
5) include Mappack1.1 in Mappck2. Same result and same problem than soluce 4). But this download file will be big : about 700MB.
What i think :
Soluce 1) is easy but bad result.
Soluce 2) it's the minimum. No problem with compatibility. So download Mappack1.1 can replace Mappack1 and all will run well.
Soluce 3) is the optimun result. But who will download this Mappack ? Who don't speak english. For who speak english : it's alomost the same. So 'gray title' will stay a long time in the game.
Soluce4) the best soluce. There is a new map in this Mappack. So Everybody who have Mappack1 - so know how to do to to have a Mappack : Going on battestations.eu - will download this version.
Soluce 5) too heavy. Why Download in 1 time ? Can be do in 2 times : Mappack 1.1 and Mappack 2. Full compatibility. Mappack2 can be download before Mappack1.1.
I think we have to choose between 2) and 4)
Give yours !
Re: Mappack 1.1
First of all we should focus on one Map pack at a time, first lets finish up our current work, then we can go back to fix up some of the minor things in the 1st map pack.
As it stands the 1st map pack works fine, sure there are minor errors and its missing some of the new language stuff from the 2nd one but overall its very well playable, there is no need to fix it immediately.
Support me on Twitter!
Re: Mappack 1.1
In fact, if we want full compatibility, need to know now what we want. Some files need to be the same in Mappack1.1 and Mappack2. Or Mappack2 will can't be instal after Mappack1.1.
And multilanguage isn't a little thing. For you : sure you speak english and the alone version is in English. But i hate to play an english game. I am not alone.
If we don't decid now, the result will be : no Mappack1.1, and no multilanguage for Mappack1.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- N_Trainz : No it was created by multiple authors from around the world. I just made it so its actually a mod instead of a complete game that's about 7GB in size. The readme file that is displayed can give you more info about the mod
- Runsva : hey ntrainz did u make this mod all by yourself?
- N_Trainz : If you need any other help, just shout out and I'll try to get back as soon as possible
- N_Trainz : Its not a problem :D I do thank you for waiting for a long time to get the mod. Again hope you enjoy the mod and the other fun features it comes with
- Legendary Da : I don't know how many times I said that, but thank you so much for your work. Considering how much time making an installer, making it work and uploading it to different servers, I thank you again for the effort you put in this. :D
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Here it is, installers works this time and Moddb won't accept it as they say its too large to upload, so its on my Google Drive and here is the link, hope you enjoy it «link»
- Legendary Da : I had guessed it was about the wrong area, though I still wondered why it had been removed. Thanks for taking your time to make something better for the community. Take as much time as you require, though; life still comes first.
- N_Trainz : Actually it was removed by me for 2 reasons; 1. was it was uploaded in the wrong area and 2. the installer didn't autp - detect the disk version, only the Steam version (since that is what I have). Going to remake it so if you won't mind a but longer wat that'll be appreciated
- Legendary Da : Thanks soo much for the mod, I couldn't access to the Internet lately so I couldn't write a reply. Btw, the mod is removed from ModDB, is it taken down, or you removed it yourself? Either way, thanks for the awesome work (at least for providing it) :D
- N_Trainz : What game and mod are you dealing with?
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
Only registered users are allowed to post