Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Hey guys. Perhaps we can use that thread for questions about Sub-Tactics.
So i start now with an happenig, i dont understand.
I controled my sub which was hunting a CA. The enemies had no sub left and no DD was near my sub or in range to detect it. I was there alone with that nearly destroyed enemy's CA.
Then i saw a squad bombers with waterbombs starting from the carrier. I thought...doesnt matter cause i was dived. So i went on with hunting the CA and suddenly my sub was destroyed by waterbombs of the bombers.
The next game the same happened to a team member...same situation. The only difference was, he wasnt hunting anyone...he just moved his sub. And both times our subs were dived. And in can say in my case...the bombers werent directly controled by a player.
So why that bombers knew our exact positions? There was nothing which could have find us under water!
First quick explanation is - CA and CL are equipped with sonar too. Take a look for tactical map - u can see a small circle around CL and smallest around CA. This is their own sonar. Of course range of destroyer sonar is much bigger than cruiser sonar. So - if u want to be invisible - u must stop ur sub.
And about ur teammember accident - maybe its possible there was an enemy sub (subs are equipped with big range sonar) near your teammate sub? When enemy sub is not moving - u can't see her, but she can see you.
Perfect subs tactics are combinations between stop and dive to level three. You can switch level three to two and again to three and stay in the middle between these levels - this prevents your hull against taking pressure damage and u are still invisible.
Im not good with subs Maybe Adi or QQryQ can answer you - they are much better subcommanders than me
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post