Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Mac : Midway Modders Mappack #1

Mac : Midway Modders Mappack #1

Hello there!

I've already done the conversion of the PC Mappack #1 for Mac! Mac users can now play all the maps with their beloved machine ad
I just need some online space to host. Anyone?

The Mappack is about 320 MB.

Greetings
Sid

Siddhartha
Seaman
Activity Points: 2
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Mac : Midway Modders Mappack #1

Hallo there. We need to open a FTP server for your conversion. Pls give me a little time i'll contact you and i'll tell you where to upload.

Good job again!

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Cool!

Thanks for your answer! I wasnt sure about your private-message reply so I started a post here

Siddhartha
Seaman
Activity Points: 2
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
User info in posts

http://www.bsmcommunity.net/downloads/m … ay Mappack

There is a link to download Macintosh version of Mappack 1. It needs to be tested, because i have no possibilities to test it myself.

Also - if everyone wants help us with Macintosh version of Mappack 2, I can help with creating and hosting new file.

So... Mac guys, come on ab With your help we can do it.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Hi, I have not tested this mac version of mappack#1, but i manually installed from pc version from instructions i received from sid. Also there was for awhile a mac installer from sid on mydrive.ch that worked and i know others are using successfully. Probably same file. I and a few other mac users have installed mappack#2 the same way with files from pc installer, but some are not getting this to work. This requiers a pc emulator to get the files out of the pc installers and manually copying them to right place. I made mac installers for those modpacks but need a place to upload to.  Also there are old maps in briefings but text ok i think, can you help with that? Thanks Jóhann

I play mac version of Battlestations Midway as jovald on GameRanger

jovald
Warrant Officer
Activity Points: 255
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

1) The file for Mac which is included in my previous post is downloaded from mydrive.ch. Good to hear Mappack 1 installler for Mac working fine. I'll add this file to our Downloads then.

2) Briefings are wrong! Maybe in the future we will be able to break an unknown at this moment fileformat, but at this moment we can't. So we decided to use old briefings to prevent game crashing. Any map which does not contains briefing = immediately crash for whole game. So it's nothing wrong with that! PC users using wrong briefings too.

3) I can upload your installers i just need them in any place.
Question: Mappack 1 installer for Mac - is this file the same which was available on mydrive.ch ? If yes - i have that file.

4) Installer for Mappack 1 copying small amount of files. I think it's about 46 files (30 pictures + 10 map files + 5 briefings +1 global file) Mappack 2 contains much more files and all these files are important. If you want I can give You the listing of all files for mappack 2. You can check if everything is OK with that.

PS: Now i can answers for these questions:

Mappack 1 installer for Mac - is this file the same which was available on mydrive.ch?
Are You sure all files from Mappack 2 are included in Mac version of Installer?
Can You upload Mappack 2 installer on any site which hosting files or send it to me other way ? I'll download it immediately and I'll upload it to our FTP servers for all users.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

re:

1)I just downloaded and tested this file on your side on a fresh installation. It works fine. I dont know if it is the same as was on mydrive.ch but i guess so.

2)OK with this then.

3)I only have them on my computer sofar, was hoping i could upload them here somewher. Guess I will have to work on this.

4)Im not really shure all files are in or necessary, there are some pc files in there I think like install2.bat. I just tried to keep all files in same relative places as in the pc version. A list of files with a note what each does would be nice if you or someone could email it to me.

Thats it for now.
Thanks for reply.

jovald
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

1) Ok. Now we have confirmed it's OK.

3) The options are: - communicators with file transfer - for example Skype. It can easy send that file to me - consuming full speed of mine and your internet connection (it should be about 2-3 hours). We (modders team) transfered all our files using Skype. The other options are: upload file to any server like mydrive.ch and send download link to me.

4) Ok. I'll send You list of all files which are included in mappack 2.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

So... now we have Installers for both Mappcks 1 and 2 for MacOS users. Welcome on board guys ab
Direct link for downloads is here:

http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/d … pple-macos

Soon i'll open second mirror server for both PC Windows and Mac users.

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

If there is any problem with mac versions please let me (jovald) know and I will try and fix it.
And big thanks to admin and this community for hosting and quick and good responses.

Oh and I play Midway for mac as jovald.

jovald
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

I have a question!

Mac users can play with PC users? Or they has their own lobby (like a XBOX?)

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

On internet mac users play through GameRanger(www.GameRanger.com) I believe pc users can connect through that too.
Most pc players(all?) go through another program Gamespy?
I dont know about LAN connection but there mac users dont need an extra program like GameRanger.
And I dont know about xbox

jovald
Warrant Officer
ranks
useravatar
33 Posts
User info in posts

XBOX using different software to connect. PC and XBOX guys can't play together.  We (pc users) have Game Spy, but its built in game solution. So we can click Single Player or Multiplayer and if Multiplayer, built in game browser shows us servers etc etc.

I created Game Ranger account (I also sent you invitation ag ) , because i want to see that in action. Tomorrow I'll ask my PC friends to make a try. We will see.

We are little affraid what will happens with Midway, if Game Spy finish their support for Midway. GameRanger can be a solution for that...

admin
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

Heh your stooping so low to play with mac users you make me laugh bj

although you do have a point that game ranger thing might be a nice alternative if Gamespy goes down forever.

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

I'm the developer of GameRanger.

Just to clarify, even though both the Mac and PC versions of Midway can be played on GameRanger separately, they are not compatible with each other.

Even on the PC though, GameRanger is still a better choice than GameSpy because it handles routers and firewalls automatically.

GameRanger - play your friends online

Scott Kevill
Seaman
Activity Points: 3
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
delmetmmr
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Captain saken

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 23 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

mattc12 Send PM
birthday will Wednesday, 07 December 2016

xBustercardx Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 08 December 2016

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016