Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
new map ideas
new map ideas
Since we'll know all we need to know on how to make a working map soon
I thought it be a good idea to start a topic where people can post there ideas for a good map
So post ideas here
Also note that posting you idea here doesn't automaticly mean that your map will be made.
Its yust there for me and tipsy3000 to find original ideas that we can work with.
Re: new map ideas
My first proposition. There was no template how to add proposition, so its my own concept
A small amount of US units (carrier + 2 DD + 2 CL is detected by Imperial Fleet. They starts attacking this group, but there is another US powerfull fleet.
Note - Japanese has a big advantage in the air and with their subs. US fleet has more battleships. They should use their planes and destroyers carefully, to prevent japanese air and submarine superiority.
Indian Ocean Raid (historical map)
based on Coral Sea
slot 1 CV-IJN01 CV-IJN02 SS-IJN03 CA-IJN04 DD-IJN05
slot 2 CV-IJN06 CV-IJN07 SS-IJN08 CA-IJN09 DD-IJN10
slot 3 BB-IJN11 CA-IJN12 SS-IJN13 DD-IJN14 DD-IJN15
slot 4 BB-IJN16 CA-IJN17 SS-IJN18 DD-IJN19 DD-IJN20
Total - 4xCV, 2 x BB, 4 x SS, 4xCA 6xDD
Key units - all CVs
slot 1 CV-US01 BB-US02 CL-US03 DD-US04
slot 2 CV-US05 BB-US06 CL-US07 DD-US08
slot 3 BB-US09 CA-US10 CL-US11 DD-US12
slot 4 BB-US13 CA-US14 CL-US15 DD-16
Total - 2xCV, 4xBB, 2xCA, 4xCL 4xDD
Key units - CVs and BB-US09, BB-US13
Note - There is no place for Iowa or Yamato class. Please add Fuso Kongo New York or Renown class.
In fact this battle was won by IJN. I hope there is not too many units, but if is, tell me - i can reduce the list of units
Re: new map ideas
for me to many ship for peoples
and maybe on central map ships to delete :0
Re: new map ideas
That's another great news Gamming-for-dummys, !!
You know I trusted all the time You are the only person who can do this
I think i will finish my new map concept today evening (maybe tomorrow morning - a little busy with some commercial jobs)... I'm also trying to save all these graphics files as a template for others (map and units icons). I will add these files zipped to Download section. I hope this can help someone who decide to build his own new map concept.
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Axis_Crusher : Bismarck Mission Pack incoming!
- jon_man0499 : Happy belated New year to all
- Axis_Crusher : HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
- YamatoFavor : Would be great if the models are from Wows
- alantay11 : Is there a way to fill up the empty ship slots when using SurgeonSasha's Yamato? Or is it my game not showing the models?
- Axis_Crusher : Thanks, but we already implemented both ships in the Advanced Warfare Pack a few months ago...
- SurgeonSasha : Северная каролина («link» ямато 1945 («link»
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
Only registered users are allowed to post