Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Rate/Opinions of 2nd Map pack

Poll
Do you like the 2nd Map pack?
Yes
100% (15 votes)
No
0% (0 votes)
I havent downloaded it yet
0% (0 votes)

Total : 15

Poll created on: 22-Jan-10 00:45:08

Rate/Opinions of 2nd Map pack

With the 2nd Map pack released today, and perhaps to my guess some of you have tried it already, you can use this thread to give your opinions on it.

is it good?
is it bad?
Is there a few things you don't like about the new maps?
Is there somethings you would like to change on some of the maps?
Are they too large?
Are they too small?
Too complex?
Too simple?

Those are a few starter questions im asking you the public to get the ball rolling, also please by all means use this thread to show your ultimate undying gratitude for us releasing more maps, or use it to show your massive hatred of us and our new maps ag

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Rate/Opinions of 2nd Map pack

I absolutely enjoyed the new maps. Love the new sounds, new skins and particularly the waves. Playing Midway is like watching a movie itself. The realism is utterly engaging.

Wolfpack is very interesting, although the game may take forever to finish.

Truk is very mind-engaging, and although it may seem like an unbalanced map at first, time spent developing tactics for the Japanese side will pay off.

Engano is one of my favourite at the moment due to its balance of units and tactics-heavy gameplay.

Java Sea may be better in a open sea instead of a straits. We already have Vella Gulf, so i was expecting a kind of high speed cruiser open sea battle. However, the concept is interesting and I love the sky colour. Would have preferred a night time battle though.

So far these are the maps that I had played. Enjoyed them thoroughly and kudos to the team that put their heart and soul into this.

McAngelle
Seaman
Activity Points: 5
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Agreed. Mappack 2 is amazing. All these sounds and skins... just wonderfull job guys.

The Eye
Patrze se
Ensign
Activity Points: 22
ranks
useravatar
67 Posts
User info in posts

I always seem to access multiplayer at the worst times, so I can't write a comment yet.

Colonel Duck
Ensign
Activity Points: 381
ranks
useravatar
57 Posts
User info in posts

It would be nice if the Midway Modders made a single player map, so please give me your opinion on that.

Colonel Duck
Ensign
Activity Points: 381
ranks
useravatar
57 Posts
User info in posts

I can think of some ideas for single player maps Colonel Duck... its just a matter of if it is possible and if the betatesters will accept my ideas.

You know what a good mod would be... the ability to play MP maps in SP so that if no one else is on u can still enjoy MP maps.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Colonel Duck wrote:

I always seem to access multiplayer at the worst times, so I can't write a comment yet.

Same here, although I did manage to start a few, and from what i saw they looked awesome. I can't wait to actually try them out.

Battleshipman
Seaman
Activity Points: 11
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Boy, I haven't been on in over a month, and I missed the second mappack release? Sheesh... thats why I hate Science Fair..

But the maps look good, so I voted YES.. ab

Qucik question though.. was the Triviaman/Beast09 Map Design (Invasion of Port Moresby) included in Mappack 2? Or did you guys postpone that one for Mappack 3?

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

Port Moresby made it in Beast

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Triviaman wrote:

Port Moresby made it in Beast

Sweet, then I give this mappack 10/10 (although nothing would have changed if Port Moresby didn't make it in..)

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

OK, so I played most of the maps today with Avenger, Great job to everyone involved. personally I think this map pack is better than the first one. I love the new skins, sounds and the maps.

Battleshipman
Seaman
Activity Points: 11
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for your opinion. It's always pleasure to read  the opinion of experienced and very god player. I should call this - development and identify new opportunities. When we created mappack 1 - of course we did not know even half of that, what we know now. But... still not all discovered, still some things are mysterious for us. Thus, we'll see what's next. I sincerely hope that one day we will discover how to overcome .mmod file format. That one is most important for us.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

I reckon the maps are really good, and I love the new sound effects. The machine guns sound more like machine guns, and less like the neighbour tapping on the wall!
That said, I kept getting confused on Wolfpack, because the torps and depth charges now sound like they actually are exploding, and I thought someone was shooting at me with guns at first.
The Yamato's broadside has never sounded better.

Battlestations Midway as Helsingfors
Unreal Tournament 3 as Helsingfors
World of Tanks (when it starts) as Helsingfors
You Tube as Helsingfors
Skype as Helsing4rs

Helsingfors
Ensign
Activity Points: 9
ranks
useravatar
66 Posts
User info in posts

I ve got problems with GAMESPY servers !! :-(

Gladimus
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

played morseby and i loved it ,good job guys but  game spy is crazy :-(

Gladimus
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
Anthonyboite
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
Axis_Crusher

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 4 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday will Sunday, 11 December 2016

Nemesisgr Send PM

R4tzer Send PM

Mad.fin.69 Send PM
birthday will Thursday, 15 December 2016