Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

Most Valuable Teammate

Poll
Which player do you want most on your side (when you need a win)?
Velcor
11% (2 votes)
EST_PL
29% (5 votes)
ADI
23% (4 votes)
Rebeleader
0% (0 votes)
Yakamoto
5% (1 votes)
Triviaman
5% (1 votes)
Hamburger
11% (2 votes)
Nemesisgr
5% (1 votes)
Zz40
0% (0 votes)
Griz
0% (0 votes)
Reisswolf
5% (1 votes)

Total : 17

Poll created on: 20-Feb-10 16:14:02

Most Valuable Teammate

Who's the most valuable member of a team?

ijn1944
Fart
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 319
ranks
useravatar
84 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Most Valuable Teammate

You missed Harpoon and Tromp. Ah ... i know we have more good players. Oles, gamming-for-dummys, mircea, QQryQ, TomThumb and many more...

velcor - he is good, but he always has his own tactic, mostly it's good tactic but if not, we will loose and he will use that tactic to the end.

EST_PL - he is noob - do not vote for him ab

Adi - a guy with biggest antifanclub here, he is good, but noone likes to play with or against. Why? Adi ? Why?

Rebeleader - we lost him for some time, but last days we can see him again. Do not vote for him. He is still learning new maps and he dont know new tricks here ab

Yackamoto is back. I dont know why he is back together with MP2. Maybe because of this? Always good teammate and strong opponent.

Triviaman - vote for him if you want to know more about battle you currently playing. Do You use light cruiser DeRuter on Java Sea ? You will be know when they hitted Deruyter, which weapon they used and how many dutch marines died. Date and hour too!

Hamburger - jesus christ - if you want die fast - join his team. You will not see opponents, because hamburger will destroy all your ships before you will be able to see any enemy unit.

Nemesisgr - always good to see him. He is good, but he is not playing now since two months. As we know, he wants back. Be ready for all these questions like - how i can use repairs? how can i launch my planes?

Zz40 - I don't played with or against him enough ao

Reisswolf - You can count on his part that will not noob risk. Better to play with than against. But why he always playing easy side? Japan on Surigao or Allied on Sibuyan ? Maybe it's accident...

Tromp and Harpoon - it's a dream team IMO. No need to say something, because they know what you think now. Are you leading plane attack ? Simple give them units and say nothing. You will see all your planes heavily damaging enemies and down (ready to relaunch) in seconds.

Mircea - why he is not using "silent killer" nick ? IMO one one of strongest enemies and best teamplayers. I can always play 2 vs 4 if I have Mircea as a teammate.

Oles - he has new love. - Wolfpack. Join Game Lobby at midnight (european time). Oles server with Wolfpack will be opened. If not - it means Oles found some victims to sink them. I hate to play against him on Wolfpack because its too hard to find his subs.

admin
Activity Points: 5
useravatar
0 Posts
User info in posts

ag

I only win   ----> My good old proverb  ab
Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2878/100dollar03june.gif

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
Activity Points: 2040
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

Its true; before we start certain battles (ex. Coral Sea, Java Sea, Samar, Ten-Go, Ironbottom Sound) I will give actual historical data.  Namely:
Date
Noteable ships involved
losses
Noteable people

And I always end my spiel the same way:
"But since this is a video game, who cares?"

I even got a great opening monologue when we play super steel monsters.  If you want to hear it, you're gonna have to play that map and hope that I show up

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

I like to have in my team most of the veterans (including Adi), but i vote EST_PL.  <<<The best player of BSM>>>

mircea78
Lieutenant
Activity Points: 376
ranks
useravatar
96 Posts
User info in posts

Still no votes... guess that makes me a nobody compared to you guys (Sad face goes here, followed by "feeling of inferiority" type face)

But what can I say, I've only been playing for a little over a year now, and I am still learning.  Coupled by the fact that I am limited when I play Midway.  I dont know why, but my particular version of the game is bugged; specifically I can't give units to other people on multiplayer and I can't zoom in while flying a plane (Cockpit view, I believe it's called).

"If I have seen farther than others before me, it is because I stand on the shoulders of giants."
    - Issac Newton

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Noone likes to play with or against Adi?
Just because he have a rebel attitude against the other players.
He likes to irritate them.But personally i think it's just a temporary thing(he is young).
You want test your skills??? Well... you must play against Adi.
<<<I like play with or against him>>> azazaz

mircea78
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
96 Posts
User info in posts

Just because he have a rebel attitude against the other players.   ai

yes I agree this    bi

thx for score ab  az

Squadron Players Battlestations Midway ---> http://www.xfire.com/communities/bandito/

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

azaz Welcome Adi!!! azaz

mircea78
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
96 Posts
User info in posts

Adi scares me both with and against, he anit human I tell you! I think he partially hacks no way he lands every hit and manages to steal my ships when we are on the same time ag

Support me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Tipsymahn260

Tipsy3000
American Idiota! ;D
Commodore
Activity Points: 943
ranks
useravatar
1029 Posts
User info in posts

Hey Ijn!!! Why u put Zz40 here? Not that good player... He kick me always...<<<because i am a cheater LOL>>>
My question is:he think all players who defeat him are a cheaters? Well...maybe Zz40 should play only with noobs...
Nobody kick me...but he kick me always.I play today against Zz40. Not impressive oponents.Maybe some veteran should explain
Zz40 how to use repair better?     http://www.battlestations.eu/components/com_agora/img/members/38/Zz40.jpg

mircea78
Lieutenant
ranks
useravatar
96 Posts
User info in posts

I not see him  and I don't played with him
Hamburger too kick  and he was crazy

Adi_POL
Old Veteran
Commodore
ranks
useravatar
1138 Posts
User info in posts

I see im not on the list

but thats okay, I know I am a very bad player ad

naturally I choose Hamburger ae

always telling people are they gay to hide his own insecurity
Hes so funny; especially when he rage-quits on you( or rage-kicks).

seriously, I choose hamburger because I cannot choose amongst some of the others on the list
and there are many other good players like EST sayed. So hamburger wins by being the only one I would absolutely NOT want to play with ae

BTW  ijn, why didn't you include yourself in the list?
         your a great nooby-drill-sargeant always yelling at those newbys that are messing around ai.
         it adds an additional layer of entertainment for me ag

ps. I agree with Mircea that Zz40 is not a very good player, hes kinda average.

Gamming-for-dummys
useravatar

I do not see where my nickname, so no one votes ag

Dopóki walczysz jesteś zwycięzcą
kwiatek
Commander
Activity Points: 208
ranks
useravatar
267 Posts
User info in posts

what about me?
just kidding ab

pillyGG
useravatar

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
kelly0947
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 6 days, 4 hours ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts