Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Re: Сonnection problems
Personally i'm, thinking it's nothing about Russia. It's about Internet connection, routers configuration, IP adress (your own IP or IP divided by many users).
Let's say that. I can't join some servers too. We must remember there is no dedicated server for Battlestations Midway - all games are hosted by normal players on normal PC. And it means - there is big number different hardware and software combinations. One guy can use external IP with ruter, one just external without, one can use internal ip. One has modem, one has adls, one has Lan connection etc etc
Second problem is software configuration. Firewalls. Not all guys can configure their firewalls.
And solution is only one. Do everything like Eidos recommendedL:
Battlestations: Midway may be played with 2-8 players over GameSpy. Battlestations: Midway does not automatically support a NAT enabled network. Below is a summary of configuration requirements if you are behind a firewall. Please also check: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml.
GameSpy Arcade needs the following outbound ports open in order to function:
3783 (Voice Chat Port)
27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6515 (Dplay UDP port)
To host a game behind a home router / firewall device the following Port Forwarding settings need to be configured. Please consult your router manual or supplier’s support site for details how to configure this.
6500 (Query UDP port)
1042 (Query UDP port)
2302 (DirectPlay UDP port)
If you are hosting and experiencing lag, check your upload bandwidth, which will often not be the same as your download. If your players are experiencing unacceptable latency and you are not able to make more upload bandwidth available, try reducing the number of players.
And remember that - some guys just creating new accounts and making server without checking this. Not all of them have correct configuration. I can't join them too.
PS: If you want organise a group of players - I recommend you try to use Game Ranger - and external GameSpy replacement. With some reasons it should help you connect all friends.
PS2: Soon i'll move that topic to the correct forum - Battlestations Midway Support.
I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- There are no members online
- New Sticky
- Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
- N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
- Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
- The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
- N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
- Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : Not really
- Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
- Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
- Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
- Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
- Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
- Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
- Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
- Axis_Crusher : No problem
- Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
- Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
- Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
- Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
- Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua
Only registered users are allowed to post