Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.
Re: Сonnection problems
Personally i'm, thinking it's nothing about Russia. It's about Internet connection, routers configuration, IP adress (your own IP or IP divided by many users).
Let's say that. I can't join some servers too. We must remember there is no dedicated server for Battlestations Midway - all games are hosted by normal players on normal PC. And it means - there is big number different hardware and software combinations. One guy can use external IP with ruter, one just external without, one can use internal ip. One has modem, one has adls, one has Lan connection etc etc
Second problem is software configuration. Firewalls. Not all guys can configure their firewalls.
And solution is only one. Do everything like Eidos recommendedL:
Battlestations: Midway may be played with 2-8 players over GameSpy. Battlestations: Midway does not automatically support a NAT enabled network. Below is a summary of configuration requirements if you are behind a firewall. Please also check: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml.
GameSpy Arcade needs the following outbound ports open in order to function:
3783 (Voice Chat Port)
27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6515 (Dplay UDP port)
To host a game behind a home router / firewall device the following Port Forwarding settings need to be configured. Please consult your router manual or supplier’s support site for details how to configure this.
6500 (Query UDP port)
1042 (Query UDP port)
2302 (DirectPlay UDP port)
If you are hosting and experiencing lag, check your upload bandwidth, which will often not be the same as your download. If your players are experiencing unacceptable latency and you are not able to make more upload bandwidth available, try reducing the number of players.
And remember that - some guys just creating new accounts and making server without checking this. Not all of them have correct configuration. I can't join them too.
PS: If you want organise a group of players - I recommend you try to use Game Ranger - and external GameSpy replacement. With some reasons it should help you connect all friends.
PS2: Soon i'll move that topic to the correct forum - Battlestations Midway Support.
I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL
- Board Stats:
- Total Topics:
- Total Polls:
- Total Posts:
- User Info:
- Total Users:
- Newest User:
- Members Online:
- Guests Online:
- New Sticky
- Runsva : Can someone PLEASE help me i can't install anything on my game it just keeps crashing!!
- N_Trainz : Legendary Da: Its now live on Moddb and here is the link, requires a Batlestations Midway game to be installed to work «link» - midway - skinpack/addons/international - bsm - collection - light - version Enjoy
- Runsva : are we still talikg about the zyy modding pack??
- N_Trainz : Yeah I wanted to do this, but the installers were being a pain giving me errors about something. I finally got it working, and just figured out how to make the updater now since it'll be two parts with one containing the misc files and the other mostly the mpak files. It'll be a stand - alone DLC mod just like the Bismarck Mission Pack was. Like I said I plan to have it all completed and uploaded by this weekend
- Legendary Da : No, no, not problem at all; I am already grateful that you were thinking about this subject, I can wait as long as you need to. Thanks for the help (again), and feel no need to rush this subject; we all know that the life comes first. :)
- N_Trainz : Hope you won't mind the wait, it'll be worth it if you ask me, and yes I do understand that you can't download due to that cap Mege has. I heard the PM was down, but haven't tried it as I been busy helping the BSmodHQ team with things and then those that are life - in - general.
- N_Trainz : To Legendary Da: I been trying to work on that actually, what I'm experiencing is the pack size> I already made it a light version of the mod, so hopefully this weekend maybe, might be sooner
- Legendary Da : To N_Trainz: So, um... I can't exactly download from Mega for some reason; so could u upload that mod to Moddb? I am sorry for making extra work for you, and I TOTALLY understand if u can't upload it again; so, do as you want; I just wanted to say somehow I couldn't dl the mod (btw, why isn't the PM working?). U don't have to post the link either; I'll find it from the site if u upload it. Thanks whatever u do, and so sorry for the extra wish. :/
- Runsva : Anyone there??
- Runsva : That is on the zyy modding pack v1.0.3 forum.
- Runsva : If that hepls...
- Runsva : The link that I donloaded from is the one message before the last one on page 4 on this forum because all the others are for some reason down.
- YamatoFavor : Zyy eh... doubt I installed successfully and seems like I lost the build
- Axis_Crusher : Well I am aware of that mod, but I've never installed it. I'll ask around if I can find someone that successfully installed it.
- Runsva : The zyy modding pack v1.0.3
- Axis_Crusher : Just so we're on the same page which mod are you trying to install?
- Runsva : Game*
- Runsva : Do i need to make a copy of my gamr folder like Battlestations Midway?
- Runsva : No I didn't install it into a separate directory, it is in steamapps - - > common like any other steam game.
- Runsva : pls help me fix it i really want to play this mod :D
Only registered users are allowed to post