Since december 2012 Battlestations: Midway is supported by GameSpy no longer. The only one possibility for Midway players is GameRanger. Please visit www.gameranger.com, download Gameranger client and make new account. You can find other Midway players in the Gameranger rooms. BS:M patch 1.1.1 is required to play online battles. Iowa Mission Pack and Midway Modders Mappacks 1 and 2 are recommended.

1 map suggestion for future Map Pack 3 ( i hope....)

1 map suggestion for future Map Pack 3 ( i hope....)

Hi boys,
as last time EST told me to explain here my suggestion idea, honestly speaking i hope soon some Beta Tester group will start to continue the excellent job done until now by everybody.......MapPack1........MapPack2.........and create the Map Pack3!! :-))
I believe is time to refresh the original Sibuyan map, with basically same carachteristic concept but add new ships and units with a different geographic scenario; of course now that  my idea is just in my mind, but in spite off my free time sometimes is not too much, i hope next time exchange information with some interested people or working group.
Probably i will put on paper the idea scenario example and send if required to involved people.
If you have some question please ask me, below you can find also my email address.
Thanks to all and.......Battlestation Midway will survive as long as possible............i strongly hope!!
:-))
Bye
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Cobra
Seaman
Activity Points: 0
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: 1 map suggestion for future Map Pack 3 ( i hope....)

That's actually not a bad idea, refreshing the Sibuyan Map idea... though the map is balanced as it is, otherwise Edios wouldn't have released it in the first place if it was biased for one side.

Its a good, yet difficult, idea

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
Activity Points: 3145
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Oh, and when Map Pack three rolls along, for all the modders that are out there reading this, I personally have about 4 ideas out, so consider those for creation please

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Cobra wrote:

Hi boys,
as last time EST told me to explain here my suggestion idea, honestly speaking i hope soon some Beta Tester group will start to continue the excellent job done until now by everybody.......MapPack1........MapPack2.........and create the Map Pack3!! :-))
I believe is time to refresh the original Sibuyan map, with basically same carachteristic concept but add new ships and units with a different geographic scenario; of course now that  my idea is just in my mind, but in spite off my free time sometimes is not too much, i hope next time exchange information with some interested people or working group.
Probably i will put on paper the idea scenario example and send if required to involved people.
If you have some question please ask me, below you can find also my email address.
Thanks to all and.......Battlestation Midway will survive as long as possible............i strongly hope!!
:-))
Bye
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Aditions for jap side::

Repair the mini subs.
Add the ability to launch sub killers from jap AF,s.
Give the japs zeros.

Aditions for US side::

Ability to launch torpplanes from both AF,s.
Ability to launch Catalinas from Pt yard.
Make subs almost invisible at lev 4 as in wolfy map.

Non combat changes::

Change weather condition.

Thade.....Playing as Harpoon.

Thade
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
10 Posts
User info in posts

I read interesting concept by Admiral Becton for rebuild all original maps. He also described all details about changes for Solomon Islands. With his description and image showing all changes i found rebuild original  maps is an interesting idea. Who can propose better changes than peoples who playing these maps. We all know that it's almost impossible to win jap side, when USA team on Sibuyan is strong. Also other maps are not balanced well. Simple example - Surigao. So personally I like the idea for "second day" maps. I could propose also new textures for them. Many textures are done, we can make some more.

Thade wrote:

Give the japs zeros.

Gekkos are much better than Zero! I play jap AFs often - i don't want to fight Zeroes against Lightings.

I am playing Midway as EST_PL
I am playing Pacific as PL EST PL

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
Activity Points: 6166
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

I like the idea of adding a "Second day" to all of the original maps... just don't replace them!  For the new people who join every so often the online Midway community, they still need the basic maps to get to know Multiplayer Midway before the get to the Mod maps.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Triviaman wrote:

I like the idea of adding a "Second day" to all of the original maps... just don't replace them!

We can't touch original maps. They must be there unchanged. We can clone these maps and add as a new maps, but replacing old maps will gives us crash game everytime user with old version will try to play with user using new version. No way - these ten original maps will be there forever.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Good.  Though a "Second day" as Est suggested would probably be a good idea for those of use who are already bored with the original maps

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

interesting idea, I like it

beast09
Commodore
Activity Points: 401
ranks
useravatar
1188 Posts
User info in posts

i think the japs should have 1-400 class instead of mini subs. I like the idea of subkillers though for japs

pillyGG
useravatar

We don't have the the I-400 class in our arsenal... yet.  If we ever learn to create new units, perhaps that should be among the 1st 25 made.

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

yeah sorry they have them in BSP
what jap sub class do we have?

pillyGG
useravatar

I think You guys should remake the explosion textures for the iowa class and yamato class, They are way to small for there huge guns. I am using pacific as a reference. They have to updated or something to improve game play reality.

Keegan475
Seaman
ranks
useravatar
18 Posts
User info in posts

Good note Keegan475. I'm thinking about this since month or more.

But in fact these explosions it's a mix of texture and descriptions. These descriptions are using scripting language. I think it could be nice to learn this language a little and add some effects of explosions (maybe some new).
And yes, I agree - Yamato and Iowa gunshot explosions are unrealistic. But worst thing is - these effects are assigned to the map. It means new explosions will work on new maps only.

EST_PL
Battlestations Fan
Rear Admiral
ranks
useravatar
2072 Posts
User info in posts

Uh, I'd like to point out something about the explosion textures as well.  For added realism, we should add water rippling for every time a battleship fires it's guns.

Here is what I am talking about: (Look at water)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/New_Jersey_in_Korea.jpg

Triviaman
Spam Police
Administrator
ranks
useravatar
1632 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info:

Total Users:
Newest User:
alphajereTango123
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Online: 
There are no members online

Forum Legend:

Topic
 New
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked

Login Form

Battlestations Shoutbox

Latest Message: 1 week, 6 days ago
  • Legendary Da : Hi everyone, I have one (or two) quick question about BS:M modding. I try to figure out sp mapmaking, and my first act on it was to convert a MP map to SP. However I can only play as Allies in those maps. What parameter do I have to change to play those maps as Japanese in the respective map .mpak (And where is the parameter I have to change?)?
  • N_Trainz : G'day mates, I just wanted to let those who use Windows 10 and also for those who are having troubles getting the game launching because of Games for Windows LIVE, I made a tutorial of how to get it working successfully again like on Windows 8.1. Its on my channel and here's the link to the video. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : The dictator, I downloaded the mmod2txm and I added four slots to the fletcher and a couple to the lexington.Thanks for the help though.
  • The Dictator : Makeo67 i've explained how to find the unused slots in the topic and the mmod2txm it's a program that has been shared. However there aren't so many ships with unused platforms and sme of them are in wrong positions and for move them you need to know how to change the mmod file. But if you know how to do it you can make new platfors as you want. I've shared the south dakota disposition and this one is the most intersting in my opinion
  • N_Trainz : Well it looks like we have spammers again
  • Mokeo67 : No problem Thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : Not really
  • Mokeo67 : Ok thanks anyway. Do you know who does?
  • Axis_Crusher : Unfortunately I don't deal with that part of modding
  • Mokeo67 : Sorry forgot the link. «link»
  • Mokeo67 : This is the forum topic I meant. The dictator said he found the unused slots in the TXM file obtainable with the mmod2txm, what is this and is it available to use.
  • Axis_Crusher : This is your best bet: «link»
  • Mokeo67 : Also I saw on the forum that ships have unused platform slots. How do I use these?
  • Mokeo67 : I tried changing the bogue class carrier to a yorktown class in the phillipene sea mission and one of two things happened. The mission either didnt change or the game crashed.
  • Axis_Crusher : No problem
  • Mokeo67 : That is what im talking about. Ill have a look at it later thanks for the help
  • Axis_Crusher : specific mission’s 3_scene mpak file by working on the .lua file. There is where the bonus unit is actually added into the mission (by the script). I haven't tried it myself so good luck.
  • Axis_Crusher : I assume you are talking about the bonus units that you unlock for certain missions by completing previous ones (like the B - 25’s in the 2nd Battle of Guadalcanal). The bonus units are unlocked by completing certain objectives in the campaign - so that is linked to your campaign progress. Since that cannot be altered you must look at the missiontree.lua file. This is where the unit will show up unlocked on the mission screen. There are references to allunitslock. Also you will have to edit the
  • Mokeo67 : Thank you I will look in this file. I did unlock all the campaign missions, all you have to do is delete the text after 'prerequisite' and it will unlock. But I havent figured out how to unlock the bonus units.
  • Axis_Crusher : I also prefer it being off, just as most of the BSM community. Most players, however prefer repair to be enabled so that is what we should do. Most of our maps it will be disabled through the script however. If you want to play with the game's repair settings you can find it under shipglobals.lua

Only registered users are allowed to post

Latest Posts

Now Online

None

Birthdays

HyTech Send PM
birthday is today!

Nemesisgr Send PM
birthday is today!

R4tzer Send PM
birthday is today!

Mad.fin.69 Send PM